🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
ApathyMonger

CBB Live Tour Episodes

I don't see any topic for the tour episodes being released, so I figured I'd start one.

The Cake Boss/Don Dimello episode was excellent.

I really should have seen that last rule of Cake Boss's coming. Another excellent Dimello theatrical production too.

• Like 2

People on the fence on paying for the tour episodes - as Henry Rollins once said, "Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!" The Buddy Vel...cro? & Don Dimello episode was amazing and worth the price alone!

As an audience member at the SF show, I would recommend the episode for Werner Herzog's Yelp review of The Majestic Hotel. Worth the price of admission alone.

• Like 1

Yep, multiple Werner Herzog's was great. Also I loved Paul getting Scott to tell the popeye story, Scott realizing halfway through that he'd told the story on the show before and Paul admitting he was the one that had requested it.

• Like 2

Portland was pretty fun last night; PFT Ice-T killed everyone and there was a pretty solid Would You Rather. It's so much fun to see everyone stoically sit through that theme. Definitely going to buy the episode so I can relive it, and looking forward to the Herzog one.

Hope everyone has a great time on the upcoming shows -- they're awesome to see live after so many podcasts in my earholes.

• Like 1

Has anyone received the Portland show MP3 yet? The two previous shows were released within hours, so I just figured I'd check in case it's an email issue on my end.

Yeh, I'm a bit confused. I've haven't received emails for San Fransisco or Portland yet, and I got one of the Montreal ones three days ago which I already had. Also, Gumroad is SUPER CONFUSING. And I go through the shop it doesn't recognize me as having purchased.

Has anyone received the Portland show MP3 yet? The two previous shows were released within hours, so I just figured I'd check in case it's an email issue on my end.

I also haven't received the Portland e-mail yet.

edit: logging into gumroad.com and re-downloading the entire zip file of shows worked. it's kind of dumb if i have to download the entire zip file every week, but whatever.

edit 2: immediately after making this post i received two emails for the Portland show.

I just received the Portland MP3 via email. Looking forward to this one - Ice-T is back!

I just received the Portland MP3 via email. Looking forward to this one - Ice-T is back!

That shit was insane. PFT is in a whole other league. People were losing it in the crowd, I hope that makes it into the audio.

• Like 1

The question is will Scott and PFT do the "I'll allow it, but watch yourself counselor" bit on every show? I believe they've done it on all three thus far.

• Like 1

I was at the Portland show last night and looooved it. front row seats baby. Birthday Boys were fantastic (we saw a return of Ducky Powell!!!).

Best line of the night:

Scott: "What percentage of your conversations end with the person just turning and walking away."

Ice T: "If I had to ballpark it, I'd say...100%"

Thanks for a great show!

The question is will Scott and PFT do the "I'll allow it, but watch yourself counselor" bit on every show? I believe they've done it on all three thus far.

I haven't noticed if it's been up on all of them, but "'Tis a consummation Devoutly to be wished" has come up a couple of times.

Holy shit, the a cappella You'll Never Walk Alone in Portland is incredible, upon relistening.

Is it me, or is the Would You Rather theme longer for the live shows than in the regular podcast?

• Like 1

Is it me, or is the Would You Rather theme longer for the live shows than in the regular podcast?

No, Scott just hasn't played the full theme on the podcast in a while. Good to have it back.

Holy shit, the a cappella You'll Never Walk Alone in Portland is incredible, upon relistening.

YES! I've listened to this numerous times in a row. Amazing.

• Like 1

Amazing Would you rather with the ghost of Richard Harrow in Seattle.

I'm talking about the dog or fish scenario obviously.

Audio quality not so great on this show.

I'll allow it, but watch yourself counselor.

Milwaukee was the best show. Sorry, everyone else.

Garry Marshall was definitely in his element... And I think the Wacky Ding Dongs were even funnier than CBB proper.

The compression/expansion that's being done is a little disorienting at times, but I suppose it's necessary -- if you've been at one of the live shows, you know how loud the audience is. Like I can't listen to Doug Loves Movies sometimes, because there's no compression and some guests are super quiet and then everyone starts yelling all of a sudden.

Garry Marshall was definitely in his element... And I think the Wacky Ding Dongs were even funnier than CBB proper.

I would have loved that, but I was very happy with Ice-T since maah wife and friends aren't as familiar with the show.

I'll allow it, but watch yourself counselor.

Scott mentioned on Twitter that they're working to improve the audio quality.