🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 72.5 — Minisode 72.5

"THIS WEEK'S EPISODE WILL BE DELAYED 24 HOURS"

this is a bummer but it also gives me an extra night to watch this movie. I was going to watch it right now before bed but now I get to procrastinate!

• Like 1

I thought Hudson was just supposed to be British the whole time.

You're right, for some reason I was thinking they said they were in Kenya, but duh, that movie is called Congo, Sean. CONGO. So yeah, I'm sure he's just supposed to be British.

• Like 1

You're right, for some reason I was thinking they said they were in Kenya, but duh, that movie is called Congo, Sean. CONGO. So yeah, I'm sure he's just supposed to be British.

The whole geography was confusing, though. When they first got to Africa and met Hudson and Pantoliano, they were in another country (not sure if they specifically said which one, but I think the phrase "small Central African country" was used) where some sort of conflict was taking place...I think this was the same country that Delroy Lindo and his sesame cake were in? Then they flew into Zaire/Congo. So basically, anybody could have been from anywhere. I just thought Hudson was British because it seemed like he was doing a straight English accent.

It's weird how much E-Hudz ended up looking like a Ghostbuster by the third act.

7jtqt8l.png

And they made a line of action figures, because every kid wants to reenact this story with the power of their imagination.

nWPkCAt.jpg

I had the board game for this movie. It was weird in that they made it sort of like a video game in that your character had so many life points before they were killed and you never knew when you were going to be attacked by an ape since the tiles you landed on were flipped over.

this is a bummer but it also gives me an extra night to watch this movie. I was going to watch it right now before bed but now I get to procrastinate!

This has basically been my mentality for the past few episodes #StillHaventSeenTheGlimmerManOrToys

I just started watching this on Netflix, and I think I'm having a nervous breakdown.

Oh my god he just made that monkey a martini. And she drank it. And multiple Tony and Emmy Award nominee Tim Curry has to sit there and act like this is all normal.

• Like 2

God, this movie is a fucking journey. Its like a pointless Lord of the Rings. I hope they throw this monkey into the fires of that volcano at the end of this.

• Like 1

"THIS WEEK'S EPISODE WILL BE DELAYED 24 HOURS"

Man, i got off work tonight at 3am (new episodes come out at 2am here in the midwest) and was looking forward to hearing this one. Oh well, i can definitely wait. I just NEED to hear someone discuss the fact that Dylan Walsh was a primatologist who developed a device that enabled a gorilla to communcate yet, SOMEHOW DIDNT KNOW WHAT A FUCKING LEECH WAS!!! ARE YOU HEARING WHAT IM SAYING?!?! Plus the clearly suicidal/murdurous albino gorillas ACTIVELY jumping into and pushing eachother into the lava. Also, why was there a clear shot of the sky when they first enter the diamond mine? And also, why didn't any of the crew have to swim under that little opening to get to Zinj like Bruce Campbell did? Idk guys. This. Was. Fucking. Bonkers.

An extra night means I'm watching this Braves game and then congo. Notes will be taken...

wow u really like punishment. ha ha baseball joke

• Like 1

you never knew when you were going to be attacked by an ape

A lot like life if you really think about it.

• Like 1

An extra night means I'm watching this Braves game and then congo. Notes will be taken...

Instead of watching that Braves game, you probably should have paid someone to bash you in the dick, let that simmer, and then watched Congo twice. Bummer of a game.

This is the first movie I've watched specifically for the podcast, and I was like, I'm going to take so many notes!

Only note: "Well, you know, it's a gadget. It's got features."

Sign in to follow this