🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 167 — Win Before The Snap

Dave Koechner & Jim Bianco have been to the calming shores before but never together. Well citizens of Sklarbro Country, that ends today! Dave regales us with tales from the set of Anchorman 2, banging the Kansas City Chiefs' ceremonial tom-tom drum, and gives us a glimpse into how his character T-Bones would perform the National Anthem. Throughout the episode, Jim treats us by performing a couple of fan inspired songs from his latest album Cookie Cutter. And if that wasn’t enough, we call up Jesse “The Mind” Ventura to get his take on the current Government shutdown. Citizens of Los Angeles — Sklarbro Country will be a part of the LA Podcast Festival this upcoming weekend! Go to http://lapodfest.com for tickets.

By the way guys, I think you need to know The Governor is hiding the truth from you. He's still in the plugbag on CBB.

• Like 2

As a "Nerd" as Mr. Koechner put it, I am kinda upset with how he views Grand Theft Auto. People don't realize its a satire of American culture. The game in no way encourages you to beat up women any more so than it does men, while it is true there are no male prostitutes to be found you can easily go beat up any random business man on the street. If anyone takes it serious its there on fault, I mean in GTA: San Andres the race was called "Beat the Cock" and had a chicken running in it. If someone can't tell that's not serious or that a video in general is not real life I agree that they should not play it, nor should they watch Anchorman then where there is a huge melee with people getting killed as well. Art is art and should not be censored or banned, if you don't want your kid to play it that's up to you but don't attack everyone who does play it and realizes its satire, and that its all fictional.

• Like 3

As a "Nerd" as Mr. Koechner put it, I am kinda upset with how he views Grand Theft Auto. People don't realize its a satire of American culture. The game in no way encourages you to beat up women any more so than it does men, while it is true there are no male prostitutes to be found you can easily go beat up any random business man on the street. If anyone takes it serious its there on fault, I mean in GTA: San Andres the race was called "Beat the Cock" and had a chicken running in it. If someone can't tell that's not serious or that a video in general is not real life I agree that they should not play it, nor should they watch Anchorman then where there is a huge melee with people getting killed as well. Art is art and should not be censored or banned, if you don't want your kid to play it that's up to you but don't attack everyone who does play it and realizes its satire, and that its all fictional.

Exactly. And the game isn't meant for children, it is meant for adults. Well put.

• Like 1

I certainly understand not allowing your six-year-old to play any GTA, Saints Row, or other such explicit video games. However, I would hope you trust your 14-year-old to be able to tell the difference between video games and reality. As Not the Narnold pointed out, Koechner himself has participated in creating some incredibly profane and even violent content for entertainment, which is totally fine. I love a lot of filthy and violent entertainment, as well as G-rated content. But criticizing a video game; in which a player has the choice of what kind of narrative to participate in, profane, violent, or otherwise; just seems extremely hypocritical to me and took all the fun out of this podcast.

• Like 2

So excited to see, er, hear David Koechner on the show again! His original appearance is still one of my favorites, and this one ranks up there as well. I had no idea you guys were at the game when my alma mater beat yours. If it's any consolation, App State has gone steadily downhill since.

Sign in to follow this