🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
rcavanah

I, Frankenstein (2014)

Two-Face becomes Fourteen-Face and it's all apparently very very serious.

Don't get me wrong, this might be one of those "don't watch this, it's not fun" kinda things, but I mean... just... it was gonna be here sooner or later, so I'm posting it. The end.

One of the people I follow on Facebook joked that it looked like the worst launch title for Xbox One.

Quite frankly (ha!), I have no idea what the flying things are, why Frankenstein is apparently immortal, how a creature usually known for being made out of reanimated corpse parts manages to be in fighting shape hundreds of years later, why a zombie-esque monster can't manage to look even a tenth as horrifying as Eckhart looked as Two-Face, or why I laughed so hard at this trailer despite there being no jokes in it.

Wait... "from the producers of 'Underworld?'" Well, there's my answer.

• Like 4

It's been promoted some places as being "based on the graphic novel," but the graphic novel is by the Underworld guy himself.

Somebody needs to tell him that doesn't count, because that's just... yunno... storyboarding.

• Like 1

One of the people I follow on Facebook joked that it looked like the worst launch title for Xbox One.

Quite frankly (ha!), I have no idea what the flying things are, why Frankenstein is apparently immortal, how a creature usually known for being made out of reanimated corpse parts manages to be in fighting shape hundreds of years later, why a zombie-esque monster can't manage to look even a tenth as horrifying as Eckhart looked as Two-Face, or why I laughed so hard at this trailer despite there being no jokes in it.

The trailer does look like a Xbox tv ad. I learned a long time ago to read reviews before buying games. you go out and buy this game and then later only to find out that the trailer you had seen on tv, is all cut scenes from the game and none of its real game play from the game it's self, pisses me off.

I didn't mind the underworld movies, I started watching them on cable tv after seeing so many parts of the film i wanted to know how it ends so I broke and got them on dvd, that was money well spent...

I was waiting to see if Underworlders were somehow involved in this and my thoughts were confirmed by that line right there. It would have been a very interesting movie to see Frankenstein's monster surviving through the years after his creator's death and how he learned to evolve, but the "sexy monster" that they are making him out to be and his involvement in what appears to be a fight against Greek mythology creatures (which would fit since Frankenstein is also called the modern Prometheus), doesn't come off as eye catching.

I have no idea what the flying things are, why Frankenstein is apparently immortal, how a creature usually known for being made out of reanimated corpse parts manages to be in fighting shape hundreds of years later

That just gave me an idea for an incredibly batshit insane martial arts movie where someone's combined the body parts of all the greatest fighters throughout history into the single most ass-kicking undead creature on the planet. Why they would do that, I don't know, but it's no dumber an idea than whatever they were trying to accomplish in "Virtuosity"...

• Like 2

That just gave me an idea for an incredibly batshit insane martial arts movie where someone's combined the body parts of all the greatest fighters throughout history into the single most ass-kicking undead creature on the planet. Why they would do that, I don't know, but it's no dumber an idea than whatever they were trying to accomplish in "Virtuosity"...

Let's Kickstart this movie immediately, that actually sounds really cool.

Oh yeah, but this movie... what the hell is going on? I was wondering why Frankenstein is super strong, and he also doesn't look like he's made from dead body parts of random people, he looks like one fit handsome guy who needed a lot of stitches.

Could the theme song of the movie be "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas just for the line everybody was kung fu fighting? Also can there be a fight scene where the different body parts are fighting one another a la the Ed Norton Fight Club self fighting scene?

So wait, the Underworld people don't know that the whole appeal of their series was Kate Beckinsale in an S&M costume? They thought people liked it because it had a captivating story or something? Hahahaha... wow!

• Like 3

This does not look fun. At all.

• Like 1

Yeah, this might be a great episode, but it feels like one of those movies that look outrageous but are really just a slog.

• Like 1

Yeah, this might be a great episode, but it feels like one of those movies that look outrageous but are really just a slog.

Uwe Boll comes to mind. No way am I ever sitting through one of his films again.

• Like 3

i think you can dedicate a full episode just on the trailer for this movie

ps

aaron eckhart deserves to be in better movies than this...

all of those actors do...

• Like 1

i think you can dedicate a full episode just on the trailer for this movie

ps

aaron eckhart deserves to be in better movies than this...

all of those actors do...

Agreed, the trailer alone makes this look as good as Hansel and Gretel. Maybe a double feature for HDTGM for both movies will happen?

I remember seeing the trailer for this movie and thinking that, given it's self-serious tone and CGI'd joylessness, that either the people behind Resident Evil or the Underworld series were behind it. Lo and behold...

Honestly, there should be a category for films like this: a hair above B grade, devoid of humor, with blue/black/dank color palettes, and muddled, whisper thin plots held together with nothing expositionary dialog, all wedged between slow motion splatastic action sequences with guns/swords/karate kicks a'blazin'.

Uwe Boll comes to mind. No way am I ever sitting through one of his films again.

Cat & beard - you say that but go see Assault on Wall Street and then say that. it's shockingly not that bad. it's a great movie to watch after Wolfs of Wall Street. makes you feel better.. I know it's cashing in on that franchise.

anyone seen Cat & Beard?

Anyone know if this is in 3d. because that would sum up everything I need to know about this film.

Cat & beard - you say that but go see Assault on Wall Street and then say that. it's shockingly not that bad. it's a great movie to watch after Wolfs of Wall Street. makes you feel better.. I know it's cashing in on that franchise.

This reminds me, because strangely enough, I've been hearing good things about "Best Night Ever", by Seltzer and Friedberg (all of the "Movie" movies), so all of a sudden you have these deservedly shit-upon filmmakers going out and almost accidentally making not-awful films. Weird...

Jerry, they should use you as a pull quote for the DVD.

'JerryCanada says Assault on Wall Street is 'shockingly not that bad'

• Like 3

Anyone know if this is in 3d. because that would sum up everything I need to know about this film.

It is.

This reminds me, because strangely enough, I've been hearing good things about "Best Night Ever", by Seltzer and Friedberg (all of the "Movie" movies), so all of a sudden you have these deservedly shit-upon filmmakers going out and almost accidentally making not-awful films. Weird...

I've honestly hesitated to watch the trailer for that. On one hand, it's not a parody, so maybe they actually had to try writing actual jokes and stuff. On the other, their name carries with it the expectation that, even if they aren't just throwing references out like expired Chinese food, their humor will still be misogynistic and repulsive. (The fact that it sounds like it's a "Hangover"-type movie doesn't help with the last adjective.)

This villainous plot is what Nundercover is trying to stop, and she has to steal the Holy Grail & Shroud of Turin so nobody else can.

This villainous plot is what Nundercover is trying to stop, and she has to steal the Holy Grail & Shroud of Turin so nobody else can.

That would be a better plot for "Nundercover 2: Second to Nun".

Sign in to follow this