🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SlidePocket

Exit to Eden (1994)

I don't know if there was a forum for this one, but the gang has got to look at Exit to Eden from 1994!

It's got Rosie O'Donnell wearing an S&M leather outfit, Dana Delany as a dominatrix, was directed by Garry Marshall, and it was based on an Anne Rice novel! This film turned out to be so bad, that Rice herself immediately disowned the finished product, saying that the addition of O'Donnell and Dan Aykroyd's characters was nothing like the book that she wrote.

• Like 3

When this movie came out I was 15 and my older sister was working at a movie theater so I saw this for free.....being as I didn't pay I felt toally fine about walking out on it. Only movie to this day that I ever felt like I just couldn't bear another second. I am a big fan of Rosie and Dan Ackroyd too so I was really disappointed. Just sat in the lobby and waited for my dad to come pick me up instead.

I believe Rosie lost a ton of weight for the role and when they had to do reshoots she had gained tons of weight lol.

• Like 1

For real, who would see that trailer or this poster and say "Oh, we gotta go see that one!"

gzuxUPT.jpg

"This movie could have been MARVELOUSLY FUNNY if not for the terrible script and performances." -WBAI Radio, New York.

• Like 1

Iman must have been thrilled that her name only appears in tiny print on all the promotional materials.

• Like 1

Finally, we've found the one movie Jason won't find anything to jerk it to.

Oh come on, Dana Delany was ALWAYS jerkable! She's STILL lookin' pretty good. Mmmmmm....

• Like 1

Anymore, I can't hear or even see the name "Gary Marshall" without hearing Paul F. Tompkins saying it in-character. Get him to watch this movie and guest on the podcast and I think we will strike comedy gold.

"Call me Gary!"

pftbwe2.jpg

• Like 4

I imagine this movie may have already been mentioned as a contender for the show. But just in case it hasn't, I would like to throw the 1994 "comedy" Exit to Eden under the HDTGM bus.

Instead of telling you why this movie is so, so, so ripe for scrutiny, I'll let the schlocky, cringe-inducing trailer show you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzvoHzfiFOo

How (and why) did THIS get made?!?

• Like 1

The existence of 50 Shades of Grey recently reminded me that this movie existed.

Guys, this needs to be on the show.

I haven't seen it in at least a decade but I have so much of it seared into my memory.

The most weird part is when we see how Dana Delany first gets into BDSM in a flashback where she is seduced and spanked by her professor: Hector Elizondo.

The police thing wasn't in the original book, and makes no sense. It literally feels like two people each holding different scripts ran into each other the pages got mixed up and they just decided to go with it.

• Like 1

Jason would 100% talk about jerking off to Rosie O'Donnel and/or Dan Aykroyd.

I remember jerking to this movie. Dana Delany did a full-frontal, if the index of my spank-bank isn't faulty.

I remember owning this on VHS, and recently refreshed my memory of it, and yeah, it really is like two movies spliced together. Dana Delaney is pretty damn hot in the movie though, and her arc with the australian dude is one, and the drugs/police thing (with tacked on voice over by Rosie O'Donnell - honestly, it's like subtitles for the hard of thinking.... ) is another.

• Like 1

Hi guys, just joined for suggesting this true jewel of a film! I think the headline speaks for itself...

Trailer (SFW) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKgizKufa6o

[cut links]

If anyone has twitter, put this to the team acc please!

P.S.: it tells me I "have posted more media files than [i am] allowed to", so I'm leaving in the reddit link, as the comments contain both wiki link, and full movie on youtube link (which I had to delete from this post).

• Like 1

This movie is fucking screaming to be done with PFT as Garry Marshal. Although honestly if they ever do a Garry Marshal movie on here I think its only fair to start with The Other Sister because that movie is really something to behold.

• Like 1

Come on people, lets make this happen! It/somebody already merged my thread with a bunch of older suggestions, racking up (combined?) views (sadly eliminating my evocative title in the process).

One of you nerds has to have a twitter account and be able to reach out to the show account, Paul and June.

Show twitter: https://twitter.com/hdtgm

Paul twitter: https://twitter.com/paulscheer

June twitter: https://twitter.com/msjunediane

Edit: really, forum thing? really? NOW I can post more than two links, but in my original Exit to Eden post I can't? Jeebus Crest.

I can't believe this hasn't taken off... Seriously, nobody wants to see Dan Aykroyd and Rosie O'Donnell be undercover cops in search of diamond thieves on a private S&M island?

You people amaze me. I would listen to Paul, June and Jason doing a show each on this thing.

Obviously, democracy doesn't work.

• Like 1

Obviously, democracy doesn't work.

Or it does work and the majority has spoken...

Or it does work and the majority has spoken...

In case it wasn't obvious (and it probably wasn't), I didn't mean that. However, if this movie isn't at least a serious contender for the show, then the system cleary is broken.

Dan Aykroyd.

Rosie O'Donnell.

private S&M island.

Why aren't the masses behind this? If Jason had twitter I'd make my own account - there is no way this movie wouldn't be done if he knew about it!

• Like 1

Alright, if nobody gets on board with this, I might as well (hopefully) prompt at least some discussion.

How about the fact that the island's leader is into S&M because apparently she was raped, and her psychologist (?) "helped" her to give out pain, so she wouldn't "ever feel this helpless again". It is suggested at the end that she can overcome that desire because Submissive Pretty Guy totally wants to love her and that "cracks her shell". It's Goldfinger's Pussy Galore all over. Bonus: it's the same "therapist" that sends SPG to the island. What the hell is his real job?

Dan Aykroyd and Rosie O'Donnell are clearly shoehorned into the movie, you don't need to read the wiki to think that. Dan's lowest moment are pretty much in the trailer, but Rosie is occasionally the movie's device that allows the islanders to get their story out. And of course she gets to crack wise. Hilarious.

There is considerable nudity and generally skimpy (and laughable) slave outfits to stare at, and the whole thing feels like they really tried to sauce it up while strictly being mainstream compatible. Keep in mind that it's from 1994 and they wanted it to have comedy appeal.

Get on board with this, people. I know I was slightly annoying, but I swear it is worth it.

• Like 1

I remember seeing the poster when I was younger and wanting an excuse to see it because it had to be terrible!

• Like 1

I remember seeing the poster when I was younger and wanting an excuse to see it because it had to be terrible!

Oh, it is!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this