🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 73 — Congo

Jason was Skyping so everyone else wouldn't see him jerking off during this.

• Like 1

Jason was Skyping so everyone else wouldn't see him jerking off during this.

You could still sorta hear the fappin'.

The one thing I glad wasn't transferred over to the movie was the idea that the gorilla's may have been gorilla/human hybrids.

well on the other hand it would have made the movie hella more erotic and beautiful

• Like 1

The one thing I glad wasn't transferred over to the movie was the idea that the gorilla's may have been gorilla/human hybrids.

Well the sequel is Peter misses Amy so much they mount another expedition to get her back, he has to win her over from the silverback by using the stolen communications laser, but because they can't find any blue diamonds he uses the engagement ring he bought her to fire the laser which tears a hole in space/time and they end up in the past, to the time of King Solomon, him and Amy have a baby, which turns out grey and after a brief Problem Child/Dennis the Menace phase turns murderous, and they punish it by making it guard the mines...

This was that strange period in the 90's where Tim Curry decided to just do random vague European/Russian accents for funsies in movies.

This movie began production in 1994, when America was still reeling from the loss of Perfect Strangers. It was a dark period in our nation's history. Hollywood was desperate to fill the vacuum left by the disappearance of Balki Bartokomous, and certain concessions had to be made.

Many credit the Clinton administration with the economic boom of the mid-to-late 90s, and outright reject the contributions made by Dr. Pinchot, but to them I say "Don't be ridicu-los."

• Like 1

...and I hate to be the one to point it out, but the differences from the BOOK are few and far between (Powerglove aside...)

The basic premise is the same (lost city with gorillas) but they changed pretty much everything else. No talking Amy, the gray gorillas are basically neanderthals in the book, there are no death ray lasers, etc.

This movie began production in 1994, when America was still reeling from the loss of Perfect Strangers. It was a dark period in our nation's history. Hollywood was desperate to fill the vacuum left by the disappearance of Balki Bartokomous, and certain concessions had to be made.

Many credit the Clinton administration with the economic boom of the mid-to-late 90s, and outright reject the contributions made by Dr. Pinchot, but to them I say "Don't be ridicu-los."

I love you, Dan.

3K9Y7cV.jpg

None of you realize how validated I feel just because they talked about how this plot centered on Communications.

Also, I GENUINELY think that Laura Linney was not the ex-wife or ex-fiancee of Bruce Campbell. I thought that they WERE engaged, and that Laura Linney said "I almost married him for Christ's sake!" because she was beginning to believe he was dead, thus the follow up line, "what am I saying".

By the way...

There's a new super spoOoOoky poll up on FYI for Halloween time! There's a lot of bad sequels on there guys...

By the way...

There's a new super spoOoOoky poll up on FYI for Halloween time! There's a lot of bad sequels on there guys...

Shannon, is there anyway to replace V/H/S or Cannibal Holocaust with any of the Sleepaway Camp sequels, especially Return to Sleepaway Camp? I feel that while V/H/S is a hit or miss movie for people, and June would be too disturbed by Cannibal Holocaust to want to do an episode on it, but the Sleepaway Camp films are that special next level bonkers that are what make this show incredible.

Fellow HDTGMers, I implore you to vote for Halloween 3. It has been scientifically proven that it is next-level bonkers.

Shannon, is there anyway to replace V/H/S or Cannibal Holocaust with any of the Sleepaway Camp sequels, especially Return to Sleepaway Camp? I feel that while V/H/S is a hit or miss movie for people, and June would be too disturbed by Cannibal Holocaust to want to do an episode on it, but the Sleepaway Camp films are that special next level bonkers that are what make this show incredible.

Ixnay on Cannibal Holocaust. That should be removed, no one associated with this podcast is gonna watch it. Like I said before, I own the damn thing and I'm not going to watch it. Actual on camera animal abuse/death = NOPE.

I'll replace V/H/S only because I was torn on it as a choice. (and cause i'm sooo nice) But I feel like I have to keep Cannibal Holocaust because it was on almost every bad horror movie list I could find on google.

Only hitch... Return to Sleepaway camp isn't on Rotten Tomatoes so I can't put it in...

QUICK! Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers OR Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland

EDIT: oh no, while I was typing this Cannibal Holocaust has been extra nixed. Help me out guys! I need 10 movies!! :unsure:

I'll replace V/H/S only because I was torn on it as a choice. (and cause i'm sooo nice) But I feel like I have to keep Cannibal Holocaust because it was on almost every bad horror movie list I could find on google.

Only hitch... Return to Sleepaway camp isn't on Rotten Tomatoes so I can't put it in...

QUICK! Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers OR Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland

EDIT: oh no, while I was typing this Cannibal Holocaust has been extra nixed. Help me out guys! I need 10 movies!! :unsure:

10 MOVIES!!!

Nightmare on Elm St. 2

Halloween 3

Friday the 13th Jason Takes Manhattan

Troll 2

Return to Sleepaway Camp actually is on RT, it just has an audience rating. If not that Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers

Chopping Mall

Jack Frost

Maximum Overdrive

Dreamcatcher

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Hope this helps.

Oopth. I meant I needed 10 total, so 2 more to replace the offenders. But I appreciate your hard work! :D

No problem. But Return to Sleepaway Camp can be found on RT, but I don't know if you need it to have a non-user rating. If not the first sequel would be a great addition.

I'm glad two people have brought up "These monkeys don't know which way is up!", because that was my favorite line of the show by far. Can someone please memify this?

Great episode all around. This movie was completely batapeshit, and it lent itself to HDTGM perfectly. I feel like they could have gone on for two hours and still not hit everything that was worth mentioning.

So, the thing about diamonds being used for lasers and how goofy that is? The really crazy part is that this is the SECOND movie they've done where the villain (or, specifically, one of multiple villains) needed diamonds to power some villainous MacGuffin, after Mr. Freeze in Batman & Robin.

• Like 1

DREAMCATCHER!!! Would be perfect. Seriously. Needs to be seen to be believed.

• Like 2

DREAMCATCHER!!! Would be perfect. Seriously. Needs to be seen to be believed.

I was gonna but Dreamcatcher was on the first poll and it seemed unfair to repeat it again when so many movies never got their place in the sun ya know?

...this is a lot of pressure.

And Ryan, I'll have to get Gabe to manually add Return to Sleepaway Camp cause it's not coming up in the fyi search.

Monster a Go Go is probably too old to suggest, but it is hilariously bad and has one of the best/worst twist endings ever.

I'd suggest Hobgoblins (because it supplies a never-ending supply of WTF moments) and Virus.

I'd suggest Hobgoblins (because it supplies a never-ending supply of WTF moments) and Virus.

HOBGOBLINS!!!

"you know, this place has real garbage-house potential"

HOBGOBLINS!!!

"you know, this place has real garbage-house potential"

Hobgoblins! Hobgoblins! What do you do with those Hobgoblins? They're over here! They're over there! Those darn Hobgoblins are everywhere!

I just thought of something else regarding the laser blowing up the satellite. Someone mentioned that she had really good aim, and someone countered that the satellite position had actually been locked in as the target somehow. That's what happened, but if you think about it, that makes no sense at all. She's not shooting a missile or something that can change its path and go toward a locked-in target. It's LIGHT which is just going to go in a STRAIGHT LINE, meaning it has to be perfectly aimed from the source. "Locking it in" on a target would have to be done with some sort of electro-mechanical aiming system, not a person's arm and shoulder.