🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RikkiHo

Laura Linney's Voice and the F-Word

So many things wrong with this movie, but I'm surprised you guys didn't comment on the incredibly grating nature of Karen Ross' voice. Her tone is trembling, agitated and angry at all times and it drove me nuts. A perfect sampling of this is when she refers to the CIA as "a bunch of loveless sons of BITCHES". Ugh.

The five-star reviewer that commended Congo for not using the f-word, boobs or bottoms must have missed the 3 times it was used. Joey Pants exclaims "fucked if I know" and the Tim Curry/Ernie Hudson exchange of "Shut up, you fucking..." "You fucking what?". Oh and there were tons of gorilla boobs and butts.

So many things wrong with this movie, but I'm surprised you guys didn't comment on the incredibly grating nature of Karen Ross' voice. Her tone is trembling, agitated and angry at all times and it drove me nuts. A perfect sampling of this is when she refers to the CIA as "a bunch of loveless sons of BITCHES". Ugh.

The five-star reviewer that commended Congo for not using the f-word, boobs or bottoms must have missed the 3 times it was used. Joey Pants exclaims "fucked if I know" and the Tim Curry/Ernie Hudson exchange of "Shut up, you fucking..." "You fucking what?". Oh and there were tons of gorilla boobs and butts.

Joey Pants says it, but Ernie Hudson & Tim Curry say 'you filthy' not 'you fucking'.

But also they toss out "shit" at the drop of a hat and gorillas are lazered in half, people are beheaded, and all sorts of other violence doesn't exactly make this a family-friendly-wholesome movie.

Joey Pants says it, but Ernie Hudson & Tim Curry say 'you filthy' not 'you fucking'.

You are incorrect, sir/madam. I'm trying like hell to pull a clip but I can guaran-fucking-tee you that "fucking" is the operative word. I've seen this movie a shameful number of times and just watched on Netflix this week. This exchange results in Homolka saying "forgive me, travel has made me weary" or something to that effect.

But also they toss out "shit" at the drop of a hat and gorillas are lazered in half, people are beheaded, and all sorts of other violence doesn't exactly make this a family-friendly-wholesome movie.

True, but maybe that 2nd opinions lady is much like the MPAA and only cares about dirty dirty sex. Violence is a-okay!

You are incorrect, sir/madam. I'm trying like hell to pull a clip but I can guaran-fucking-tee you that "fucking" is the operative word. I've seen this movie a shameful number of times and just watched on Netflix this week. This exchange results in Homolka saying "forgive me, travel has made me weary" or something to that effect.

I believe Joven has vindicated me! Plus you have to remember this was PG-13. You get one fuck, maaaaybe two, but never three.

Wow. I had three friends watch that clip and apparently I have a filthy hearing impairment.

I always found it curious that the movie kept it's PG-13 rating. Thanks for that!

I believe Joven has vindicated me! Plus you have to remember this was PG-13. You get one fuck, maaaaybe two, but never three.

Sign in to follow this