🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 73.5 — Minisode 73.5

John Doe Baker is a famous serial killer and cannibal who was known for making mincemeat pies from anonymous corpses of homeless men.

Also, June's read was fantastic. It almost made the show sound like This American Life.

• Like 3

You guys Halloween III: Season of the Witch IS AIRING ON AMC! I checked IMDB and it says the tv airings are for--- Mon. Oct. 21 9:00 PM AMC Tue. Oct. 22 2:30 PM AMC

I do remember this movie. Unfortunately, I had seen this on TV as a kid and it was scary to me. When I see it again now I hope it will be so bad it's good and less scary this time around.

Its anything but scary, it mostly involves a doughy guy drunkenly staggering around being vaguely menaced by guys in business suits.

Its only real horror moments are more attempts to gross you out by making bugs crawl out of peoples heads which turned to obvious fakey clay figures (which only happens to people who have spent the entirety of their screen time trying their darndest to annoy everyone.)

Apparently there were plans for a Hallowe'en III as part of the remake series, although probably not a remake of this movie.

http://telly.com/1BEC66U

I remember hearing about that third remake, but Rob Zombie wasn't going to be a part of it since he felt there was absolutely zero places they could go from after how they ended the second movie.

I agree that it's great in a super bonkers way - I mean, how it could it not be with androids, magic pieces of Stonehenge and exploding Halloween masks? - but I have to give some side eye to the idea that this movie contains 'great acting'.

"No noticably bad acting"? I got a bit carried away.

I'm pretty sure that all those clockwork people - so much weirder and more interesting than boring old robots - were inspired by this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turk

I remember hearing about that third remake, but Rob Zombie wasn't going to be a part of it since he felt there was absolutely zero places they could go from after how they ended the second movie.

Tom Atkins, the star of H3: Season of the Witch, was supposed to have a role in the third film of the remake franchise. Though I don't think he was set to play the same character.

In case anyone was wondering, the Silver Shamrock jingle in Halloween 3 plays for 8 full minutes! I put all the clips back-to-back and posted the video on YouTube (with some additional text commentary, to try and keep the video from being boring).

(The video was flagged by Universal for copyright issues. It had to be removed... but take my word for it, it was 8 FULL MINUTES of music. Ugh.)

Its anything but scary, it mostly involves a doughy guy drunkenly staggering around being vaguely menaced by guys in business suits.

Its only real horror moments are more attempts to gross you out by making bugs crawl out of peoples heads which turned to obvious fakey clay figures (which only happens to people who have spent the entirety of their screen time trying their darndest to annoy everyone.)

Yeah, I went in expecting this to be totally bonkers due to the reviews on the board, but I found it mostly to be boring. There are a few gory moments in the beginning and a few in the last 20 minutes.

And an hour in between of guys in business suits chasing around the main "couple".

I haven't seen this for years, and had totally thought Stacy Keach was the lead. It took me about 15 minutes of waiting for him to show up before realizing they got a different guy with a moustache.

I haven't seen this for years, and had totally thought Stacy Keach was the lead. It took me about 15 minutes of waiting for him to show up before realizing they got a different guy with a moustache.

Somewhere in the world Stacy Keach's ears have just lit on fire.

"Jesus Barbosa"? As in Christ Barbosa? Yeah. There's no way it's pronounced "Hay-zoo-s"