🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 103 — LIVE from LA Podfest

Put on your best sun pants and join Ian Roberts, Lauren Lapkus, and Joe Wengert for a spectacular improv4humans recorded LIVE from the LA Podfest! Infestations of forgotten junk, puppy pools, gifted children, and shitting robots are all covered in an episode you won’t want to miss! You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

i dont get on here and post often enough but i love you i4h

• Like 3

Great cast in this one. Lauren killed it. Lots of great callbacks, you guys were really in tune.

• Like 2

I wasn't there, but I want to throw my "woos" behind Doctor Who as well. Star Wars & Star Trek, I love too (at least The Next Generation), but after The Doctor got rebooted in 2004 or whatever, that's just been stupid good, you guys. David Tennant & Matt Smith are great actors, as well as several of those companions. Karen Gillan? C'mon! Being able to cover so many genres - comedic, horror, straight sci-fi, etc. Is also a strength there. And some of those monsters are just so cool. The Blind Angels? The Cybermen? Love that show!

My Woo goes to the Doctor :)

Maybe your boy was confused because, for the older generations, Doctor Who means that cheap show on PBS that starred that Willy Wonka-looking chap in the colorful scarf, Matt.

Oh and also, with Star Wars, it's not just 6 movies, but it's 5 seasons of the Clone Wars cartoon and BY FAR the most - and best - video game library, as well as tons & tons of comics. I mean, you wanna get nerdy, let's get nerdy ;)

• Like 1

Every Lauren Lapkus podast appearance is better than the last. She's easily one of my favorite Earwolf regulars and I imagine she's an awesome person too....

• Like 3

I was there! It was so much fun. Seeing Lauren live was a highlight.

Hey Matt if you ever need tickets to an Arkansas vs. Auburn game in Auburn I can probably hook that up for you. They would be good seats and Auburn fans generally aren't shitty like A&M peoples. Also they would be free and you wouldn't be obligated to hang out.

Plus the hogs always seem to find some way to beat AU at home....

• Like 2

God damn this was a fine ass episode haha like others stated everyone was really meshing well together loved the call backs really glad i could hear it!

Dream team! Great episode top to bottom.

Psyched to hear that Joe is going to be on Playing House, too.

• Like 1

All of these scenes were fucking amazing. Joe, Lauren, and Ian brought their A-game.

Wengert killed me with "oh, I'm not a mutant, I'm just the guy that makes the costumes"

• Like 4

I also need to mention that Best Worst Movie just depressed the shit out of me when I saw it. It's like everbody involved in Troll 2 is either completely insane or hiding who they are (clearly in the closet dad from the movie).

• Like 1

FYI, Besser, there were Full House books. There was a series of Michelle books and a series of Stephanie books.

I wonder if there's a debate among Full House fans whether the books are considered canon or not. Do people vouch for the Expanded Full House Universe?

• Like 1

This one has a couple segments that should end up on the next Best Of, Matt! I could not stop laughing at not just the Aggie story, but the ensuing urine women skit. The shitting robot - excuse me, defecating robot was brilliant. The exterminator for the VHS tapes? The guy who won the lottery? The tapes of the guy's brother dying from cancer? So much gold! And so many smart callbacks -- I died when I heard, "What are your skills!?" "Blumpkin". lol.

This team was great, and the show was amazing. I4H - BEST. PODCAST. IN THE UNIVERSE!

Oh by the way, this episode is fucking awesome from top to bottom. Forgot to mention that because I was hung up on the Full House mythos. "Urine Woman" was my favorite.

i dont mean to be rude or anything but this was a really good and funny and cool episode

• Like 1

no offense but matt besser, lauren lapkus, ian roberts, and joe wengert are very talented and hilarious improv comedians

• Like 2

please forgive me i just had to get that out

• Like 2

I'm from new orleans and was offended by the parasol bullying. When we second line we proudly display our sashes and parasols.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm all out of milk.

• Like 2

i dont mean to be rude or anything but this was a really good and funny and cool episode

no offense but matt besser, lauren lapkus, ian roberts, and joe wengert are very talented and hilarious improv comedians

Are you Bobby Bottleservice?

• Like 1

Private message him about his mother if the response is splashed softly with the stains of tears... Then we'll know. I believe he's tying into an improv in the episode. Thanks for all the shows humans that make it happen!

Sign in to follow this