🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
sillstaw

Congo - Bruce Campbell

Bruce Campbell talked about his tiny role in his autobiography, "If Chins Could Kill." I've probably said these things two or three times on the Recommendations board, but I'll do it again.

1. He and John Hawkes were flown to Costa Rica and mostly had to wait around. According to Hawkes' AV Club Random Roles, they'd explore the country and occasionally call the studio to make sure they weren't needed. I guess that's one of the perks of having a small role in a movie.

2. After one of his first takes, Bruce was approached by a crew member and told to stick to what the script said. Apparently, John Patrick Shanley's words are considered untouchable by Hollywood, so the actors couldn't even say "um" if the script didn't specify it. Bruce hated this, since all he wanted to do was make minor adjustments so the lines would be more comfortable to say.

Whatever acclaim Shanley got with Doubt and his playwriting, should be null and void after his participation in both this and We're back: A Dinosaurs tale.

• Like 1

Whatever acclaim Shanley got with Doubt and his playwriting, should be null and void after his participation in both this and We're back: A Dinosaurs tale.

Shanley's screenwriting output is wildly unpredictable. How the guy that wrote Joe Vs the Volcano, Moonstruck & Alive also managed to write The January Man, We're Back & Congo is quite a puzzler.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this