🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TopherMcCann

Curse Of Chucky

In this striaight to blu-ray/dvd sequel, a 2 foot doll Chucky's mission is to kill a woman in a wheelchair in a dark house. The movie also tries to tie all the other Child's Play movies together with this one. Terrible acting and dialogue. Pure Garbage. I really said to myself not even 25 minutes in...How Did This Get Made!!!!!

This one wasn't as bad as Seed of Chucky, which just went for pure slapstick. I did like the post credit scene that tied it all up, though with horror franchises being the way that they are, they could find a way for another installment.

In this striaight to blu-ray/dvd sequel, a 2 foot doll Chucky's mission is to kill a woman in a wheelchair in a dark house. The movie also tries to tie all the other Child's Play movies together with this one. Terrible acting and dialogue. Pure Garbage. I really said to myself not even 25 minutes in...How Did This Get Made!!!!!

Just no. Have you seen anything since Child's Play? This film isn't awesome, but there are definitely riper grapes in this franchise to pick. Maybe it deserves a How Did This Get Reviewed So Well? It's totally a direct to shelf film, but it's one of the least embarrassing Chucky outtings. Those things were all in theaters!

They are running these non stop on AMC right now, and as an adult, I am amazed that I ever found any of this shit scary at all. Like they showed all of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, and watching them as an adult, they were not scary or frightening -- but they were rather gruesome, slapstick horror live-action cartoons.

The Chucky movies are even more perplexing because it is just a doll. Why not just burn the doll? Why not break the doll? Are they not stronger than a plastic doll? And what happens at the end of those movies -- who gets the blame for all of those deaths? Do you tell the authorities that a doll came to life and killed everyone?

• Like 2

They are running these non stop on AMC right now, and as an adult, I am amazed that I ever found any of this shit scary at all. Like they showed all of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, and watching them as an adult, they were not scary or frightening -- but they were rather gruesome, slapstick horror live-action cartoons.

The Chucky movies are even more perplexing because it is just a doll. Why not just burn the doll? Why not break the doll? Are they not stronger than a plastic doll? And what happens at the end of those movies -- who gets the blame for all of those deaths? Do you tell the authorities that a doll came to life and killed everyone?

The very first Nightmare had some legit scares, but then came the uber campy Part 2 and all the messes that followed and it just turned into a joke. Though I am a big fan of Wes Craven's New Nightmare, not because it's scary necessarily (though parts of it are definitely unsettling) but because it's just a more interesting concept.

But that eventual decline into self-parody seems to happen to all these horror franchises. Both Craven and Carpenter kind of hated the idea of sequels, and it's too bad the studios didn't listen to those instincts.

• Like 1

This one wasn't as bad as Seed of Chucky, which just went for pure slapstick. I did like the post credit scene that tied it all up, though with horror franchises being the way that they are, they could find a way for another installment.

Is that the one with Jennifer Tilly, I only seen parts of it. I've only ever seen the first Chucky movie, Child's Play.

Ha! The dialogue of special guest cameo in the post credit scene is the worst phone conversation dialogue ever written and performed ever.

I'm watching a Chucky movie for violence and a killer doll, they could be farting from their mouths for all I care.

• Like 1

What do you mean he's just a doll?!? If you burn him he will come alive as a melty monster! He can fly into your face and you can't pull him off!! HE'S SUPER STRONG OKAY?!?!

Hi, I'm Shannon. I'm still terrified of Chucky.

• Like 4

It's funny. Like as the credits roll and you look at the body count of these children's family scroll by, you're like: "These kids are totally grounded, right?"

The very first Nightmare had some legit scares, but then came the uber campy Part 2 and all the messes that followed and it just turned into a joke. Though I am a big fan of Wes Craven's New Nightmare, not because it's scary necessarily (though parts of it are definitely unsettling) but because it's just a more interesting concept.

But that eventual decline into self-parody seems to happen to all these horror franchises. Both Craven and Carpenter kind of hated the idea of sequels, and it's too bad the studios didn't listen to those instincts.

Oh man, the one where Freddy is killed by his long-lost daughter is crazy campy. He turns one of his claw gloves into a version of the Nintendo Power Glove so that he can play a video game that will eventually kill one of the characters.

• Like 1

Oh man, the one where Freddy is killed by his long-lost daughter is crazy campy. He turns one of his claw gloves into a version of the Nintendo Power Glove so that he can play a video game that will eventually kill one of the characters.

Yeah they got pretty campy in the last couple of films. Also remember the childless carnival in that movie that had Roseanne and Tom Arnold as crazy parents? What's even creepier is in the sequel comic series to Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, that daughter has developed an incestuous relationship with Freddy.

Yeah they got pretty campy in the last couple of films. Also remember the childless carnival in that movie that had Roseanne and Tom Arnold as crazy parents? What's even creepier is in the sequel comic series to Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash, that daughter has developed an incestuous relationship with Freddy.

I screamed in my apartment when I saw them in that movie!

"Roseanne?!!!! What the hell are you doing here?!!!"

Can we talk about how actress Jennifer Tilly became television's poker champ player Jennifer Tilly? Because I believe that is how most people know her from, these days.

Also, Jen Tilly had a sister -- Meg Tilly -- who was a very good actress (no disrespect against Jen) in wonderful films like The Girl In A Swing and the underappreciated Psycho II, but dropped out of the biz in the early 1990s to do life stuff, like have a family and whatever.

Sign in to follow this