🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 250 — Podcast Silence

Amazing Gabrus.

How sweet the sound.

That was my first exposure to Jon Gabrus, he was amazing in this episode. Constantly had me in tears. Definitely need to have him back early and often.

I gave this one a second listen and wow. People wayyyyy overreacted, including myself. Pete Holmes was funny and a great sport, John Gabrus was hysterical (something we can all agree on I think) and Pam Murphy was awesome as usual. There wasn't enough Scott, and I think thats what people had a problem with largely. And I think we all forgot this is a free podcast and probably should enjoy it as much as we can.

• Like 1

I gave this one a second listen and wow. People wayyyyy overreacted, including myself. Pete Holmes was funny and a great sport, John Gabrus was hysterical (something we can all agree on I think) and Pam Murphy was awesome as usual. There wasn't enough Scott, and I think thats what people had a problem with largely. And I think we all forgot this is a free podcast and probably should enjoy it as much as we can.

People are way too precious about this podcast in general. I love it and never miss an episode, but it seem to me that some people think every one should be an instant classic. Holmes is not my favorite comic around (and his steamrolling style certainly doesn't gel great with this format) but I'm still glad he was on the show as he is a big name in the community currently and I like that Scott gives everyone a shot to see how it goes.

• Like 5

what? I usually check the forums after I listen to a pod but I listened to this one on the plane before my vacation and I am totally shocked to see all the negativity about this ep!

It was great! I really enjoyed Pete Holmes and the new intern from Lon Guyland lol.

Are we getting to a point where CBB has fans that want the same old jokes recycled over and over and just wanna hear the GREATEST HITS and nothing new and different?

listen you guys CBB ain't your favorite old time jam band where you can expect different variations of the same thing over and over and over they new and different stuff all the time so get used to it!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Are we getting to a point where CBB has fans that want the same old jokes recycled over and over and just wanna hear the GREATEST HITS and nothing new and different?

listen you guys CBB ain't your favorite old time jam band where you can expect different variations of the same thing over and over and over they new and different stuff all the time so get used to it!!!!!!!!!!

That podcast would be Analyze Bing Bong.

This is the second or third time on bang bang that somebody played a character with a backstory of being from Nassau County, Long Island, where I live. Gabrus was absolutely amazing and must have grown up here or something because the stereotypes he flaunts are mostly accurate. NCC is a real school, and though I don't go there I bet Segways and Tapes are real classes there given its reputation. The obnoxious accent is perfect too. Kroll also played a fireman calling in from Huntington (in Nassau county) a few years ago and was equally amazing. My county is ripe for parody it seems. Paul Scheer is from LI too I think but I can't recall if he's ever made fun of it.