🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 250 — Podcast Silence

The star of The Pete Holmes Show, infectious laugher, and today’s guest of honor Pete Holmes finally makes it weird on his inaugural Comedy Bing Bong appearance! Also joining both Scott & Pete is Gino Lambardo, a new intern from Long Island that is sure to give Marissa Wompler a run for her money. After a couple of solid segues & a convo snippet, extraordinary athlete Lisa Bartin drops by to fill the guys in on a terrible breakup which occurred recently when she swam the English Channel.

Aukerman with my favorite Mr Show line "soon soon you're a balloon!" stellar episode..convo-snippet ..the curse of Jeremy Piven lives on

• Like 2

So, Pete Holmes had to get his own TV show to come on the bing bong. I'm either going to be put off tremendously by Pete's horrendous laugh, or overjoyed by his charm, wit, and humor in spite of it.

I haven't listened yet, but I was listening to an I4H with Gabrus as a guest yesterday, and wondered when he'd be on CBB.

Am I psychic? Possibly.

Best Consumption of Water On-Mic Award 2013

• Like 3

Why is it so satisfying to hear Pete get needled? Love it when he's on doug loves movies and everyone just tears him apart, or especially just Chelsea Peretti talking to him.

I like how Scott's finally accepted that the real name of the show is Comedy Bing Bong - I think it's been three epsiodes already - does that make it legal?

Okay I just started, and I heard Scott is having a NEW intern (Pamela Murphy) nothing against the lady at all but she best not be replacing Wompler. Shit is going down if she is replacing the Womps.

Edit: Assumed it was going to be Murphy, not Jon. Whoops.

Just finished listening. Great episode all around. I love that little moment where Scott mentions being known as Scottrick with just a little lilt in his voice, perhaps having a sentimental memory of a certain PFT.

• Like 4

I honestly though that they were piping in Mark Hamils joker voice during the laughing parts. It's one things to have an odd laugh, but it was like someone with severe mutltiple personalty disorder where each personality had their own jarring, fake sounding, laugh. I actually enjoyed Pete as a guest, and found him to be witty and pleasent, but the laugh(s) was distracting.

• Like 1

I honestly though that they were piping in Mark Hamils joker voice during the laughing parts. It's one things to have an odd laugh, but it was like someone with severe mutltiple personalty disorder where each personality had their own jarring, fake sounding, laugh. I actually enjoyed Pete as a guest, and found him to be witty and pleasent, but the laugh(s) was distracting.

I agree although I think it is genuine. Sometimes it's a bit much but I think that's just the way he always is.

• Like 2

He's a likeable enough dude I can see it growing on me over time. I think I'll check out "you made it weird" and see what repeated exposure does.

He's a likeable enough dude I can see it growing on me over time. I think I'll check out "you made it weird" and see what repeated exposure does.

The live episodes are better than a lot of the in studio ones, especially if you aren't used to it. The recent one that's live at the Troubadour is really good. Pete's love of new-agey bullshit can be annoying after awhile, that's my main gripe.

The live episodes are better than a lot of the in studio ones, especially if you aren't used to it. The recent one that's live at the Troubadour is really good. Pete's love of new-agey bullshit can be annoying after awhile, that's my main gripe.

The Troubador live ep was amazing

Also for a good studio ep, the recent Chris Gethard ep is one of my favorite podcast eps I have ever heard from any podcast

God, I just can't take Pete Holmes. He just doesn't collaborate. He has to be the center of attention at all times, find any and every excuse to break into terrible impressions and laugh his face off at his own terrible puns. You've got these great, up-and-coming comedians on the show and he won't let them be funny, because it has to be him.

• Like 11

Loved the episode - Pete is one of the best and one of my favorites, and I appreciated the sheer volume of Long Island references from Gabrus. Fabulous episode all around.

• Like 3

As someone who does not enjoy Pete Holmes, I came here first to figure out whether or not I was going to listen this week. If there are other people who are annoyed by him, what's the verdict? Is it too much Pete Holmes to be enjoyable, or is there enough of The Choctaw and co. to make it through without being aggravated.

I am a big Pete Holmes fan but there was HIGH levels of Pete. Super funny moments throughout, though. Scott was at his best being wry with Pete, and Jon Gabrus was really great. If you didn't like Pete on this, then don't ever listen to him on Doug Loves Movies, where his disruption knows no bounds.

• Like 1

Gabrus was amazing. I made quite a few loud Pete-like outburst at his butting in. "You don't know anyone named Crate?" got me particularly hard.

• Like 4