🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 47 — The Big Chamber

i think anyone who is more bugged about the alignment bullshit over how fun and funny it'll be to hear them interact and try to roleplay through it is listening to the wrong podcast. i think what sets this apart and much of what makes it fun are the players and their relationship to each other and the hilarious shit that comes out of that in the story. the gerry/brian dynamic has always been one of the funniest and strongest aspects of this show. i think throwing a total foil to sir richard's pompous rightousness into the mix and completely turn the group dynamic on its head is awesome and i can't wait to hear everything that comes next.

• Like 1

I am pleasantly surprised to find that Brian has some roleplaying depth. Good show.

• Like 2

the civil war idea (Dragonapolis!!!) of all of their home worlds being under attack by people under the control of the necromancer reminds me of the plotlines from LOTR when the character's homelands are under attack but they still have to get their job done. A "cleansing of the shire" would be a great way to actually get to see Glennishmoore and lots of other places and maybe get to go back to the Gasbag planet as well.

In DnD, I think that "evil" really just means selfish. Good characters fight for the greater uh...good, Neutral characters strive for balance and evil characters are in it for themselves. Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic describe how you go about achieving your goals. If anyone knows better, feel free to correct me, I only have experience in 4th edition.

To an extenet i agree with you.

My Evil Mages are empire builders, since i always play LE.

When i take over a town, first i find the 'toughs' and make them work for me. No more stealing, raping, murders.

All crime is punishable by death.

Also i make sure everyone is fed and safe. But hold no qualms about burning down a quater of the city if it gives me trouble.

Pay what you owe me in taxes and everythings fine. Dont, i just sell your children to slavers.

All an all as long as you obey and are a productive member of society, your fine.

if not..... well the Headsman needs practice.

Yes i am evil thru actions not intent.

(plus i activley genocide halflings when i can)

• Like 2

And agree on Brian's new character. Is he cleric? or a Necromancer?

He wanted a Mage that prayed to a dark lord for powers. So he's a Cleric :)

• Like 3

When i take over a town, first i find the 'toughs' and make them work for me. No more stealing, raping, murders.

All crime is punishable by death.

Also i make sure everyone is fed and safe. But hold no qualms about burning down a quater of the city if it gives me trouble.

Pay what you owe me in taxes and everythings fine. Dont, i just sell your children to slavers.

All an all as long as you obey and are a productive member of society, your fine.

if not..... well the Headsman needs practice.

Yes i am evil thru actions not intent.

(plus i activley genocide halflings when i can)

that sounds like how I play SimCity 4...

• Like 1

Hey There nice!

Im mean there no KABC's Amber Lee or Alysha Del Valle.......

MMmmm go Morning news team in LA on ABC.....mmmm mmm Its the best part of my day.

Makes night shift worth it. That and going to the Cozy Inn in Santa Monica for beers at 0730.

Also, Melvania? A Melvins reference?

I heard it as "MALvania, like MAL=evil" but I like your interpretation way better. I hope he is well rewarded by King Buzzo for eventually helping (or not) to defeat "The Auld Asshole."

He wanted a Mage that prayed to a dark lord for powers. So he's a Cleric :)

So basically, an Anti-Sir Richard.

• Like 1

Dragonopolis is my new favorite thing

I really hope the party eventually makes it to zombie dragon infested Dragonopolis.

Sign in to follow this