🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 151 — Redeemed or Unredeemed, Hashtag!

if there's any justice in the world, Howard's show notes will end up on display at the Smithsonian Institution, for future generations to appreciate.

On a totally unrelated note ...

I feel like I started hearing about this band "Cage the Elephant" about three years ago, when Howie and Kuku started reading out Music #Charts. But I haven't seen any evidence of this band existing outside of this podcast.

Now at this point, some of you will probably tell me to look up this supposed "band" on the Googles or the WixyPedias, but to that I will say "Stop right there!!" Because I know those things are just instruments of Government lies and psychological operations. Much in the same way that these Steampunks are perpetuating the myth of "blindness".

I mean really, a rock music band that calls itself "Cage the Elephant"? How gullible do you think I am?

I want Howard and Paul to spend one entire day together and just record all of their conversations. Earwolf special? I would pay a significant amount of legal U.S. tender for that.

Secret After-Pod not a podcast-Cast

I am happy to see others are mentioning Paul's Go Bayside appearance. I had not subscribed to Go Bayside until yesterday when Paul's tumblr mentioned him guesting on it. I listened to Erin Gibson's ep, which was good (love Throwing Shade), and it perfectly set up Paul's ep thanks to the two-part nature of Saved By the Bell's 'Zack and Kelly break up' arc. Paul's episode was A-MA-ZING. TwoShotsAndAScream#

Then moving over to Who Charted?, I could tell he had just come from Go Bayside due to some of his references (specifically the Mr. Belding one, but there were a few), and the commenters posting the picture of him in the same snazzy attire confirms it.

Suffice it to say, lots of love for PFT as always, and if anyone is even CONSIDERING checking out the CBBLIVE2013 shows, BUY THEM. THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Now at this point, some of you will probably tell me to look up this supposed "band" on the Googles or the WixyPedias, but to that I will say "Stop right there!!" Because I know those things are just instruments of Government lies and psychological operations. Much in the same way that these Steampunks are perpetuating the myth of "blindness".

I mean really, a rock music band that calls itself "Cage the Elephant"? How gullible do you think I am?

We've run out of good band names; it was inevitable. For example, you have the 1980s (and still running, I believe) band named

; then you have the fairly terrific duo
from 2011; now there's a metal band named
and a chillwave/drone band called
. Critical mass, folks.

I am happy to see others are mentioning Paul's Go Bayside appearance. I had not subscribed to Go Bayside until yesterday when Paul's tumblr mentioned him guesting on it. I listened to Erin Gibson's ep, which was good (love Throwing Shade), and it perfectly set up Paul's ep thanks to the two-part nature of Saved By the Bell's 'Zack and Kelly break up' arc. Paul's episode was A-MA-ZING. TwoShotsAndAScream#

Then moving over to Who Charted?, I could tell he had just come from Go Bayside due to some of his references (specifically the Mr. Belding one, but there were a few), and the commenters posting the picture of him in the same snazzy attire confirms it.

Suffice it to say, lots of love for PFT as always, and if anyone is even CONSIDERING checking out the CBBLIVE2013 shows, BUY THEM. THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Yes yes and yes. Apy's Go Bayside! podcast has become one of my favorites; she's is pretty dang charming and almost every single show is hilarious because the material they're covering is so goddamn stupid. I love how every guest's reaction is basically "this is the worst shit ever and I can't even believe it exists". PFT's backstory of the alcoholic 50-year old writers jibes very well with Howard Kremer's bio of the suicidal director of Saved By The Bell.

And double plus good on the CBB LIVE. So worth it.

• Like 2

P.F.T. + Whooch = my favorite thing ever.

and I have a child.

• Like 1

Oh, Mr. Tompkins was quite redeemed, I'd say. That's my vote! And Howard too. Heck, Kulap as well - everyone's redeemed! NO ONE is undeemed here on "Who Charted?" -- it's too good of a podcast to besmirch with some irredeemable antics.

Also, good looking out, Ku-Ku! I totally forgot about the Dead Author's Podcast until you suggested it for the plug! I have some catching up to do! As per the will of the plugs section, I will also head to Youtube and

some more. I saw one episode - with either Adam Scott or Ben Schwartz on it (I get those two confused for some reason) - liked it a lot, and subscribed to Paul's Youtube Channel. But the, "What to Watch" feed on my Youtube homepage buries it under updates for other channels.

EDIT: rofl @ the Ben Franklin episode! Hot Saucerman knocked it out of the park! Clearly, he did his research on Ben Franklin before doing the show! "We're colonialists! We live in Boston, right? Or something? Hard to say... we live in Maine, or somewhere. I dunno. New England!" Hahahaha.

Oh, Mr. Tompkins was quite redeemed, I'd say. That's my vote! And Howard too. Heck, Kulap as well - everyone's redeemed! NO ONE is undeemed here on "Who Charted?" -- it's too good of a podcast to besmirch with some irredeemable antics.

Also, good looking out, Ku-Ku! I totally forgot about the Dead Author's Podcast until you suggested it for the plug! I have some catching up to do! As per the will of the plugs section, I will also head to Youtube and

some more. I saw one episode - with either Adam Scott or Ben Schwartz on it (I get those two confused for some reason) - liked it a lot, and subscribed to Paul's Youtube Channel. But the, "What to Watch" feed on my Youtube homepage buries it under updates for other channels.

EDIT: rofl @ the Ben Franklin episode! Hot Saucerman knocked it out of the park! Clearly, he did his research on Ben Franklin before doing the show! "We're colonialists! We live in Boston, right? Or something? Hard to say... we live in Maine, or somewhere. I dunno. New England!" Hahahaha.

The Speakeasy ep with Aziz Ansari is soo good because at the end, they totally go into suit talk -- they talk about tailors, brands they like, their particular styles, etc. At one point, Paul is like, "is anyone even still finding this interesting?" and Aziz says, "Fuck those people, because the suit talk stays in!"

• Like 1

Yes yes and yes. Apy's Go Bayside! podcast has become one of my favorites; she's is pretty dang charming and almost every single show is hilarious because the material they're covering is so goddamn stupid. I love how every guest's reaction is basically "this is the worst shit ever and I can't even believe it exists". PFT's backstory of the alcoholic 50-year old writers jibes very well with Howard Kremer's bio of the suicidal director of Saved By The Bell.

Wie Wie's "Day-In-The-Life" account of Don Barnhart was pure gold! I listened to that ep probably four times because he had me CRACKING UP describing what that poor director had to go through and how he got through filming. It's stuff like that and Cody's Conception Fables that makes me want to be friends with Howard Kremer.

• Like 1

Wie Wie's "Day-In-The-Life" account of Don Barnhart was pure gold! I listened to that ep probably four times because he had me CRACKING UP describing what that poor director had to go through and how he got through filming. It's stuff like that and Cody's Conception Fables that makes me want to be friends with Howard Kremer.

Methinks if you lived in LA and knew some basic video editing skills, it probably wouldn't be difficult to spend a couple afternoons with Howard.

• Like 1

I'm finally getting around to the PFT Go Bayside episode, and it's every bit as good as advertised. My favorite parts so far are PFT's indignity at the shoddy set design of the movie theater and him managing to work in an Uatu the Watcher reference.

Addendum - Of course, after I wrote that, he reset the PFT Referometer back to zero by having a VERY in-depth discussion of paying for the rights to "Happy Birthday" and neglecting to mention Those Old Spinsters Mildred & Patty Hill.

• Like 1

I'm listening to this episode right now, my first "Who Charted?," and PFT's Captain Phillips made me laugh so hard I became concerned for my life. Maybe it's weird to bump this thread up just to say that, but...I wanted to.

Kremers train of thought about the blind being steampunk had me crying. The funniest thing I've heard yet on this podcast.