🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 151.5 — 10/25/13 TWO CHARTED 90

Grab yourself a delicious crispy apple and join Ku-Ku, Wie-Wie, and Real Milk Dirt Cup on this week’s TWO CHARTED! Howard announces his new restaurant as he takes us through his eventful Wieek That Was and we get an insight on Kulap’s apple tastes as she counts down her Top 5 Favorite Apples! And we can’t forget to give a shout out the wonderful chartists because we GOT SOME GIFTS!

glishmuff sounds dirty.

Crispin is a good cider if you can get it in CA.

Ahhhhh yesss! What a great episodeee! Thee opening of the shoes was sooo excellent! Thank you Howard and Kulap, you 2 are amazing humans!

• Like 1

Twooch makes me smile every Friday and this one was utterly brilliant and rife with Kremerisms:

- Glish Muff: Perhaps the greatest dirtiest word that existed but isn't. I'd spend my hard earned cash for a custom Kremer English Muffin and a cup of coffee.

- Chartist Artwork to make,and I quote (so I don't get the brunt) " artwork of Kulap's Jugs as Apples". I nearly shat myself with laughter here at work. Probably shook the walls on Hollywood Blvd from laughing so hard.

- Gene Brayburn Apple shoutout... brilliant.

- Woodchuck Cider: Fucking hell, I cried.

As for Kulap's apple chart, I guessed 2 out of 5 (Granny Smith & Fuji).

DubipR's Top 5 Favorite Apples

5. Granny Smith

4. Fuji

3. Pippin

2. Pink Lady

1. Mutsu/Crispin

Great start to my weekend! Thank you Kulap and Howard

Apple-010.jpg

• Like 3

Frank was loving today's episode and that makes me very happy.

Here's some info no one needs to know:

Among my many food allergies, only a few things will actually kill me or force me to use my epipen. Apples will kill me, which makes me sad because I used to eat them on the regs. I ate a pink lady one day on a day hike and it was crazy bad.

Pink ladies would still be my favorite variety. They are super tasty.

• Like 2

Braeburn4lyfe#

The best sandwich I've ever had in my entire life is slices of Granny Smith apples, brie, and chutney on a baguette.

◦ Howard continues to intentionally mispronounce Kulap's name.

◦ Howie's vocal mishmash begins to mess up KuKu -- "exclursion...?"

◦"Did I go to Lilith Fair? What the hell?!"

It really seems like Kremer is cooking with gas lately, even in non-Summah.

eta: I really think Howard looks good with long hair. : ( ( ( (

• Like 1

Braeburn4lyfe#

It really seems like Kremer is cooking with gas lately, even in non-Summah.

This may just be me, but for me I think he's only gotten better and better but with extra-good days sprinkled in(since whooch started). He seems to be working all the time right? Doing sets several nights a week, recording two podcasts a week +appearances on other peoples, and somehow producing something like 4 albums in the past two years. Oh yeah and there's a stand up set recording in there too.

Howard is killing it.

• Like 2

Ok. I looked up Crispin and they were started in Minneapolis and get their apples from Laos. Crazy...

• Like 1

"You cart them around town with joy and never complain about your duties."

Jesus, Howard.

If your #1 apple is anything but Honeycrisp, you haven't tried a Honeycrisp.

BEEF ON.

• Like 1

Here's some info no one needs to know:

Among my many food allergies, only a few things will actually kill me or force me to use my epipen. Apples will kill me, which makes me sad because I used to eat them on the regs. I ate a pink lady one day on a day hike and it was crazy bad.

The Zouks avatar makes so much sense now.

Really loved this episode.

• Like 2

Oh man Howard's theory about why cast iron pans are heavy was so insane it has to be true. Kulap killed it with the "chart exclusive" quip. I love that it's become a go-to catchphrase for her.

With credit (and apologies) to AnimatedBeaver...

Sir Richard makes a delivery to Howard's new business:

ForGlishMuff_zpse08723a2.png

• Like 2

I ate a pink lady one day on a day hike and it was crazy bad.

nocontext#

The Zouks avatar makes so much sense now.

Really loved this episode.

If you met Brooce in real life, you'd notice that there's an actual physical resemblance. They are both dumb dildos.

Oh man Howard's theory about why cast iron pans are heavy was so insane it has to be true. Kulap killed it with the "chart exclusive" quip. I love that it's become a go-to catchphrase for her.

Every episode, I anticipate what will be a chartsclusive#, because sometimes it's so inane and mundane and othertimes it actually is super interesting.

• Like 1

Hey chartists, what is your favorite audio bundle by the Beatles? I like Revolver. I think most audio bundle enthusiasts will agree that one belongs in the Beatles' Top Five Audio Bundles.

I think everything George Harrison wrote is great. Octopus's Garden is my favorite Bundles tune, although to be honest I'm not a huge fan. They've permeated pop culture so much that I don't need to seek them out. They exist and I hear them.

I do think, ahh, what's that song on Sgt Peppers, "I read the news today" or whatever. Those are some great lyrics. I was involved in a work project about 15 years ago, digitizing vinyl versions of the Beatles catalog, and that song stuck out as probably the most poetic out of anything they did. It's very profound in a simple way, which is how a lot of great bundles work.

eta: post count = NUMBRAH OF THA BEAST. Halloween III: Season Of The Witch on HDTGM. There's a conspiracy at work here. I'll make it happen.

• Like 2

How 'bout comedy audio bundles?

51%2BALx1xucL.jpg

Classic audio bundle. Some of the gay-bashing stuff doesn't hold up so well in the modern era. But other than that ... classic bundle.

HOWARD:

You totally should do a web video series based on your insane restaurant franchise ideas (ShredsStrant, GlishMuff, etc) ,,,

I love this idea. It would be a really simple shoot, too. Just get access to any little cafe after hours, have a few simple signs/menus, and get one or two other actors, and you could bang out half a dozen sketches in a few hours.

• Like 1

Honeycrisp is definitely the best apple.

Speaking of, for Real Milk Dirt Cup and others interested, I got some of this at Whole Foods the other day. Its pretty good, moderate sweetness, well rounded flavor.

crispin_honeysrisp.JPG

Honeycrisp is definitely the best apple.

I'll allow it, but watch yourself, Earbear.

Speaking of, for Real Milk Dirt Cup and others interested, I got some of this at Whole Foods the other day. Its pretty good, moderate sweetness, well rounded flavor.

crispin_honeysrisp.JPG

I can second this! And -- like all (I think?) ciders -- they are gluten free, for jerks like me who require that.