🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 252 — The Creeeeeeepy Halloween Special

Shout out to (former) Intern Caroline for her appearance on the show!

• Like 4

Molly Bretthauer's Earwolf debut was great. I always love it when CBB and other shows bring people I didn't know about to my attention. Paul Rust continues to be hilariously demented. Seriously, most comedic performers usually remind me of other comic performers, but there's something unique about Paul Rust. I don't know what it is about that weirdo that makes him so hilarious to me.

And big kudos to Steven Yeun for being totally game with whatever gets thrown at him.

To all the bellyachers: This was a fine Fang Fang, fully worthy of the Fang Fangs that proceeded it.

• Like 11

Not to be mean, but if you think this episode is bad just because you didn't get what you wanted:

b5XkCsx.gif

Another fantastic Fang Fang in the books!

• Like 10

I was totally on board with a different take on Comedy Fang Fang but this episode just couldn't find it's footing and Paul Rust kind of ruined everything. I respect Paul and normally like him as a guest but he was just annoying the whole time.

Having said that, Dykeula was great and I LOVE Steven Yeun as a guest - get him on more often.

• Like 3

Not to be not mean, but if a person expects only positive feedback and views constructive criticism as something to ignore:

*insert witty picture that somehow gives an argument merit without actually contributing information or point of view*

• Like 4

I'm listening to the show right now, and I had to pause after the Lions for Lambs reference. That's the best pull I've heard n a while. I find Rust's character-breaking giggling endearing every time.

How many times do you have to be on to be counted as a regular? Steven Yeun should be a regular. I'm not sure if the way he acts is a performance or if that's just how he naturally is, but the way he seems nervous and indifferent at the same time is pretty great for CBB.

Maybe Buford and Mesemore will make a Christmas appearance this year.

• Like 1

this episode was definitely funny and a good CBB in general, but i don't think it's being a hater to be disappointed at no suicide house this year. its not like CBB has been around forever and they've done suicide house a couple of times, its been every halloween in its fairly short run, its a tradition and consistently amazing, its like if the simpsons didn't do treehouse of horror one year, people would be understandably bummed. obviously things don't always work out, people arn't available, etc. but i think its a totally fair reaction for people to be confused by this episode. one of the hallmarks of CBB is repeat jokes and characters, callbacks and building on stuff its done before. so calling this comedy fang fang and having not having brett gelman, jon daly, or allan mcleod or anything resembling old halloween episodes is going to be a huge let down.

• Like 8

this episode was definitely funny and a good CBB in general, but i don't think it's being a hater to be disappointed at no suicide house this year. its not like CBB has been around forever and they've done suicide house a couple of times, its been every halloween in its fairly short run, its a tradition and consistently amazing, its like if the simpsons didn't do treehouse of horror one year, people would be understandably bummed. obviously things don't always work out, people arn't available, etc. but i think its a totally fair reaction for people to be confused by this episode. one of the hallmarks of CBB is repeat jokes and characters, callbacks and building on stuff its done before. so calling this comedy fang fang and having not having brett gelman, jon daly, or allan mcleod or anything resembling old halloween episodes is going to be a huge let down.

Well said, and I agree

• Like 1

I think that "Monster Fuck pt 2" is funnier if you did what I did and as soon as you heard it mentioned you were like, "that was so many years ago I should listen to that again" paused the podcast, pulled up youtube and listened to the original, un-paused the podcast, immediately realized that it was exactly the same. Lost your mind when the girls start singing "part twoooooo"

• Like 8

I think that "Monster Fuck pt 2" is funnier if you did what I did and as soon as you heard it mentioned you were like, "that was so many years ago I should listen to that again" paused the podcast, pulled up youtube and listened to the original, un-paused the podcast, immediately realized that it was exactly the same. Lose your mind when the girls start singing "part twoooooo"

I finally lost it when he went for 'Part 3'.

• Like 1

This is all perfectly reasonable, but I don't see why anyone feels the need to be the fourth or fifth or tenth person to express their disappointment in this thread, especially when Scott basically said he knew that people would be disappointed. I love those episodes, and was initially disappointed too, but the thing is, this was great.

As soon as Scott took that very, very long road to get to "The Squawking Dead", I knew we were in for a treat. Great job by everyone.

• Like 8

I don't think people are necessarily being haters. I think some people just expected Suicide House, considering that's what we have been given for the last few years.

For what it's worth, while I'm sad Brett Gelman and Jon Daly weren't on hand this year, I think Paul, Molly and Steven really picked up the slack. And the return of Leo Karpatze? This episode was different than the other Halloween shows - but still really fun and a treat to listen to!

• Like 2

I am not seeing Brett Gelman on that guest list.

I'd like to mention the episode was very funny, I just hoped for a Brett Gelman appearance as it's been so long. It would be hard to top last year's visit to Suicide House and doing something different certainly paid off, Steven Yuen returning so soon was a very nice surprise.

I loved this episode. Highlights? Dykeula, above all else. "Monster Fuck" and Steven Yeun are a close second!

I really enjoyed this Halloweeeeeeeeeeen episode. I'm smitten with Dykula as she should be a regular on CBB (or CFF!). I'm happy there wasn't a Suicide House this time around. As much as I love the prior Halloween episdes, this one was just different. Dr. Traygo..my god, I love me some Paul Rust. Everytime, ol' Rusty brings his A-game and nails it. His laughter is so infectious; made me smile on a very nasty Monday work day.

Thank you Mr. Auckerman for a great podcast today!

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this Halloweeeeeeeeeeen episode. I'm smitten with Dykula as she should be a regular on CBB (or CFF!). I'm happy there wasn't a Suicide House this time around. As much as I love the prior Halloween episdes, this one was just different. Dr. Traygo..my god, I love me some Paul Rust. Everytime, ol' Rusty brings his A-game and nails it. His laughter is so infectious; made me smile on a very nasty Monday work day.

Thank you Mr. Auckerman for a great podcast today!

Your post is voided for spelling Scotts last name wrong!

• Like 1

I enjoyed the change of pace, and Steven Yeun is a classic straight man guest. The combination of these people seems so random and yet so perfect.

• Like 1