🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 252 — The Creeeeeeepy Halloween Special

Great episode - loved Dykula especially - but it doesn't feel like Comedy Fang Fang without Buford and Messmore. Was there some kind of falling out with Gelman? No more Gelmania and he hasn't been on CBB in a long time.

I didn't love this episode, but it actually isn't because I wanted another visit to Suicide House. I mean, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed htat, and the Treehouse of Horror comparison is a pretty good one (I know that, although I haven't loved a Treehouse of Horror in several years, I'd be disappointed if they had ever skipped a year), I like that this year's Comedy Fang Fang was something different.

• Like 1

Not to be not mean, but if a person expects only positive feedback and views constructive criticism as something to ignore:

*insert witty picture that somehow gives an argument merit without actually contributing information or point of view*

Constructive criticism is cool, but I think it's rarely ever seen on these boards. "Booo this isn't what I expected!" isn't really a constructive criticism really. It would actually be cool to see people be criticial in a supportive way, instead of essentially just heckling.

Anyway, I enjoyed this episode, I love Steven Yeun, he needs to be on more. Paul Rust is a favorite of mine, I was a little disappointed we didn't get any New No No's, I think it would've made the episode a little stronger if Dr. Traygo "left" for a bit and Paul "came in" and did some New No No's, they could've been spooky Halloween themed New No No's!

• Like 3

The Christina Ricci joke is the greatest thing I've ever heard in my life.

I was getting my car inspected while I was listening to this episode. I laughed hard as fuck at the Christina Ricci joke that I freaked out the people in the waiting room and the mechanics. WORTH IT!

I hope Scott mentions the Christina "Reachy" reference to Werner Herzog because Jack Reacher 2 has yet to be made and Werner could surely get her a part in it.

• Like 1

The Ricci joke was so perfect because it came out of NOWHERE.

Can we please get an mp3 of Monster Fuck Pt. 2, especially with Yeun overly counting it in, I fuckin' lost it when he mentions Swamp Thing, or when he said "Igor you're fucking your dad, a second time!"

JESUS.

I had to hear this episode again immediately afterward, really dug it.

• Like 1

Just realizing, Jon Daly must be pissed if he has read this forum. Suicide House has two primary residents but most of the outcry has been for just one of them. :unsure:

Overall a great episode, with Leo Carpazzi and "Monster Fuck, Part 2" being particular highlights. Steven was great too, glad to see him back on the show.

I like Paul Rust,and usually enjoy him on the show. But on this episode? His character's interactions with the other guests were pretty good but by the 3rd or 4th time he did the whole "CREEEEEPY" line I was praying for someone to deck him. It was like fingernails on the chalkboard every time.

• Like 2

Molly Bretthauer's Earwolf debut was great. I always love it when CBB and other shows bring people I didn't know about to my attention. Paul Rust continues to be hilariously demented. Seriously, most comedic performers usually remind me of other comic performers, but there's something unique about Paul Rust. I don't know what it is about that weirdo that makes him so hilarious to me.

And big kudos to Steven Yeun for being totally game with whatever gets thrown at him.

To all the bellyachers: This was a fine Fang Fang, fully worthy of the Fang Fangs that proceeded it.

Check out this week's I4H. Molly is on it, and she's great!

• Like 3

I love how Paul Rust develops about 10% of a character and then commits 100% to it.

• Like 23

I love how Paul Rust develops about 10% of a character and then commits 100% to it.

That is so PERFECTLY put!

• Like 2

Steven Yeun is very sweet, but his rabbit-in-the-headlights way of handling improv suggestions doesn't really allow for any amusement to truly build. Bless him for admitting that his PR team don't have much confidence in him, though.

I like Paul Rust,and usually enjoy him on the show. But on this episode? His character's interactions with the other guests were pretty good but by the 3rd or 4th time he did the whole "CREEEEEPY" line I was praying for someone to deck him. It was like fingernails on the chalkboard every time.

That's funny, because I was losing it pretty much every time he said it. Even funnier was Scott acting obviously annoyed by it, and interrupting him several times. Rust's character was my favorite part of the show--and I loved it overall.

• Like 1

Having not heard the previous Fang Fang episodes, I came to this with no preconceived notions. And I had a lot of fun! I love Paul Rust, he's one of my favorite guests in all of Earwolf, just weird and funny. I love that dude. And The Monster Fuck Part 2 was a treat! My bones smelled like cat shit for the duration of that song! Callbacks!

• Like 1

This was possibly episode of the year for me. And that is saying something considering IT'S BEEN easily the best CBB year ever. Y'all are whack.

• Like 1

Monster Fuck Part 2 was incredible. I didn't even like the original for whatever reason. Maybe it was the delivery or just the fact that it was a pre-recorded bit and didn't have the fun vibe of a "live" CBB bit, but it never clicked for me. It took 3 years for that bit to pay off and wow, it definitely did. I laughed so hard.

Also, Dykula is my new favorite CBB Halloween character.

• Like 1

has Brett Gelman gone too Hollywood for Hollywood Afternoons??

I missed him for sure but this was still a great ep and I really enjoyed it.

Monster Fuck Part 2 was incredible. I didn't even like the original for whatever reason. Maybe it was the delivery or just the fact that it was a pre-recorded bit and didn't have the fun vibe of a "live" CBB bit, but it never clicked for me. It took 3 years for that bit to pay off and wow, it definitely did. I laughed so hard.

I didn't remember the first one having been recorded, but I agree that this one being sung live was awesome. I just listened to it again, and Rusty laughing at the first few times he says "Part 2!" and Scott going "Swamp Thing?!" were two of the best parts.

Check out this week's I4H. Molly is on it, and she's great!

Are you talking about the episode that is coming up tomorrow? Caught you TimeBobby!

But yeah I agree, Molly was amazing this episode. Dykeula is best developed character I have heard that isn't PFT, Adomian, Andy Daly related. How Dykeula killed a man (Explained at the end) destroyed me.

• Like 1

STOP THE ROTTERMAN!

please glue nick kroll, jon daly and huell hauser to the table and be done with the endless cavalcade of talent agent and networks' fancy. and u owe brett gelman an apology

This was possibly episode of the year for me. And that is saying something considering IT'S BEEN easily the best CBB year ever. Y'all are whack.

I don't think many people said the episode was bad. They were just let down by the lack of some of their favorite characters and a sort of tradition that has developed. I personaly think the episode was solid while not being nearly as good as some other Halloween eps. I agree with the other poster that the Monsterfuck was way better this time due to it being performed live.

STOP THE ROTTERMAN!

please glue nick kroll, jon daly and huell hauser to the table and be done with the endless cavalcade of talent agent and networks' fancy. and u owe brett gelman an apology

What the fuck just happened?

• Like 1

Great episode. And I'd like to think that Scott did a Calvin and Hobbes with Suicide House. Go out while you're still on top.

Which makes me think we'll never see a Farts and Procreation 4.

Paul Rust is hilarious, Dykula was a great idea, and the meta humor regarding Monster Fuck 2/Suicide House was amazing.

CBB is really working hard to take the top spot back from I4H on my personal 'most hilarious podcast' rankings. Watch out, Besser!

Are you talking about the episode that is coming up tomorrow? Caught you TimeBobby!

But yeah I agree, Molly was amazing this episode. Dykeula is best developed character I have heard that isn't PFT, Adomian, Andy Daly related. How Dykeula killed a man (Explained at the end) destroyed me.

Thursday's live show had her on it, so presumably that will be the show going up this week.

EDIT: Welp, maybe next week!