🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 152 — Overture

The mind behind 2013‘s funniest movie The Heat, Katie Dippold joins Kulap and a costumed Howard on today’s Who Charted! Katie shares one of the pranks she pulled while working on Mad TV and Howard takes us back to his early days of sex as they count down Billboard’s Top 5 Halloween Songs. Later, Katie explains why she hates cruises during the Movie Chart and tells us about the one time she broke into an abandoned mental institution with Chris Gethard as she answers your Twitter Qs! Plus, we’re treated to a special Halloween track off the new Dragon Boy Suede album!

that howard's a funny. now after hearing about his early sexual escapades with regards to his song preference and poetry readings, i'm convinced he's a genius playing opposite the role.

c'mon guys, The AC/DC song on the chart was Highway To Hell, the song played was Hells Bells. I know that AC/DC isnt as relavent as Nicki Minaj, but get the songs right.

• Like 2

The last bar of Bolero gets really menacing and dissonant; wonder what is running through a ladies head when it changes to that and then, shortly after, Howard flips the tape to start it at the beginning again. Want to talk about shuffle sabotage, try keeping it going when cats meowing "Feliz Navidad" plays randomly mid moment.

Wow. This was a shorty ep. Why was everything so rushed?

c'mon guys, The AC/DC song on the chart was Highway To Hell, the song played was Hells Bells. I know that AC/DC isnt as relavent as Nicki Minaj, but get the songs right.

TBF though, you could confuse about 95% of AC/DC's catalogue with Highway to Hell.

• Like 1

TBF though, you could confuse about 95% of AC/DC's catalogue with Highway to Hell.

Highway To Hell and Hells Bells didnt even have the same singer.

How dare you sir!

• Like 3

Ravel's Boléro appeared in the 1980 film 10, as the backdrop to a scene in which Bo Derek and Dudley Moore have sex.

• Like 7

Pretty sure Ghostbusters 3 will never happen. It's just a thing Dan Aykroyd likes to talk about when he's not talking about actual ghosts. We're probably better off.

Also, I can no longer listen to The Monster Mash without hearing The Monster Fuck.

• Like 1

Ravel's Boléro appeared in the 1980 film 10, as the backdrop to a scene in which Bo Derek and Dudley Moore have sex.

Beat me to it! That's exactly my theory of why DBS used Bolero. I'm sure he saw this in the theater and used it in his reporoire. I'm sure he had more than just Charlie's Angels pics in his tackle box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dILIdREylC0

Tears On My Shaft is going to be amazing.

What's the status of an un-plugged style mix of Howard's tunes? I think that was a great idea.

Also, does Katie have a strange accent? It's kind of easty but I can't quite place it.

EDIT: She's from NJ

Katie's voice sounded like the chilled out version of Kulap. It was confusing sometimes, but in a super adorable way.

I don't really agree with that, but for a second or two my brain was tricked into thinking it was the right song.

Yeah, that's definitely where he got the idea. And the time seems correct, Howard was college aged in 1980 right? Seeing as he's forty-"EASY Kulap!".

I'm surprised nobody in the room knew about that famous scene. It's actually the only thing I know about that movie.

Yeah, that's definitely where he got the idea. And the time seems correct, Howard was college aged in 1980 right? Seeing as he's forty-"EASY Kulap!".

Kremer's unwillingness to reveal his true age is hilarious because he constantly dates himself with references like this.

Also, I can no longer listen to The Monster Mash without hearing The Monster Fuck.

Same here, but it's great, because I now laugh uproariously at a song that I haven't actually found funny since I was about 9. Great year for Halloween songs thanks to Monster Fuck Part 2 and Kids are the Suge Knight of Halloween.

Oh god, I can't remember who -- but someone on I think the HDTGM forum said they wanted Monster Mash played at their funeral and that idea cracked me up for days. Still does.

"Daft Punk Played At My House" is great but his vocals have always mildly annoyed me because it sounds like he recorded it while he had a head cold. Great album.

Is it me or are the intros/themes new stereo mixes this episode? I felt like the opening was a totally different mix, listening on headphones. I need to listen to some other eps but it definitely sounded like some pans were being moved.

Is it me or are the intros/themes new stereo mixes this episode? I felt like the opening was a totally different mix, listening on headphones. I need to listen to some other eps but it definitely sounded like some pans were being moved.

Could be this mysterious beans character?

"Daft Punk Played At My House" is great but his vocals have always mildly annoyed me because it sounds like he recorded it while he had a head cold. Great album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv3IlQ7W8IY

This is, by every objective measure, a superior song. OnlyHalfTrolling#

For any of you that dig LCD Soundsystem, you should check out Shut Up and Play the Hits, which is about their final show at Madison Square Garden. Reggie Watts is in it, doing a duet on 'You Can't Hide' with James Murphy. Probably goes without saying but it's pretty damn awesome.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this