🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
takehomejoke

Soundcloud player cuts out mid-podcast

For the last two weeks or so, the soundcloud player for all podcasts that I listen to on the earwolf site has been crashing mid-podcast. The sound just cuts out and the timer resets to zero. It's really annoying! Anyone else having this problem? Earwolf people, any idea what's happening?

Thanks,

Allan

p.s. I have it open in Chrome

• Like 8

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

We haven't experienced this on our end, so unfortunately it's difficult for us to troubleshoot. Does the same occur if you listen to the episode directly on SoundCloud? (You can click the SoundCloud icon in the top right hand corner of the player to open in SC)

I have sent an email to my technical contact over there to see if this is an issue with which they are familiar, and I will update this thread if I hear anything specific.

Thanks again!

Thanks for checking this out! I'm playing it directly in SoundCloud right now and it seems to be working ok. I'll let you know how it goes

I've been having this issue as well. Doesn't happen everytime but every once in a while it will just cut out and I have to refresh the page. I'll try going directly to the soundcloud page as well to see how that works out

I've had this problem in Chrome on Earwolf and Soundcloud page. Podcast will play for a bit and then stop.

I've also had this problem as well. I listen in Chrome and experience this issue both from the embedded link and from SoundCloud.