🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 253 — Fieri Fight

Titans of comedy Tim Heidecker and a newly Twitter verified Jon Daly are back on today's Comedy Bang! Bang! Unfortunately their friendship quickly hits the danger zone when they have conflicting opinions on Guy Fieri. Will the #230PST bros be able to overcome the bump in the road that is their friendship? You’ll have to tune in to find out!

I genuinely can't remember an episode this year which hasn't been great and now there's one with my favourite guest. I want to host a glitzy awards night and give all the prizes to Earwolf.

WHAT????? Bill Cosby Bukowski is secretly JON DALY??? What the fuck????

That doesn't make any sense - what's going on people???

Or wait, it's a comedy show, they're just kidding - right? ):

God dammit I love Jon Daly and Tim Heidecker...

Also, maybe it's just me, but for me, I've absolutely loved the last three episodes we've had (including this one), particularly the Halloween episode.

Everyone has been on the absolute ball, sure Suicide house would have been good too, but what we got was incredible!

• Like 1

Five minutes in, I'm already crying with laughter. 'At-eam'.

Damn one takedown after another. Scott takes down the forums! Jon Daly takes down Guy Fieri! Best pair of takedowns since the last episode of mash.

• Like 2

While I do greatly enjoy and appreciate this podcast Scott did seem a tad sensitive to a two episode blip of negative reaction in a otherwise huge sea of glowing praise for the podcast. Sometimes, free or not, people will dislike artistic output and express that dislike. That's the nature of public art: would he prefer blind uncritical praise disconnected from the end product?

Again, I love the podcast and have supported the live shows, but as long as the critique is respectfully articulated I don't think something being free makes it immune to comment....nor do I think that kind of uncritical feedback is helpful or gratifying to the artist involved.

• Like 6

This has made my week instantly and infinitely better plus a bonus too fuck thanks sooo much!

It's awesome when the only times the forums are recongized is for their negativity.

• Like 7

It's awesome when the only times the forums are recongized is for their negativity.

That's not really true. The catchphrases come from the forum every week. Also, shows like Nerd Poker, Whooch, and HDTGM interact with their forums. I4H and Fogelnest Files have forum user videos....

Earwolf has a good forum. #nonet

• Like 9

While I do greatly enjoy and appreciate this podcast Scott did seem a tad sensitive to a two episode blip of negative reaction in a otherwise huge sea of glowing praise for the podcast. Sometimes, free or not, people will dislike artistic output and express that dislike. That's the nature of public art: would he prefer blind uncritical praise disconnected from the end product?

Again, I love the podcast and have supported the live shows, but as long as the critique is respectfully articulated I don't think something being free makes it immune to comment....nor do I think that kind of uncritical feedback is helpful or gratifying to the artist involved.

Criticism is fine, but the people who think Scott owes them "better" episodes of a free podcast aren't exactly being fair. Saying "This episode sucked because I hate Pete Holmes," or "This should have been a Suicide House episode" isn't constructive. Also, I don't see why "uncritical praise" has to be blind. Yes, I'm sure Scott would prefer positive reactions, but why would that be "disconnected from the end product"?

• Like 12

Criticism is fine, but the people who think Scott owes them "better" episodes of a free podcast aren't exactly being fair. Saying "This episode sucked because I hate Pete Holmes," or "This should have been a Suicide House episode" isn't constructive. Also, I don't see why "uncritical praise" has to be blind. Yes, I'm sure Scott would prefer positive reactions, but why would that be "disconnected from the end product"?

Exactly. There WAS some legitimate criticism in the threads for those episodes, but IMO the majority of the negative comments were not actually constructive. There was a lot of whining about the shows not being exactly what each listener wanted.

I also think the larger amount of negative feedback overall this year is due to the show becoming more high profile. CBB is reaching much bigger audience due to the TV show. Look at any other show, band, movie. A rise in popularity also leads to a rise in internet complaining about said show/band/movie.

• Like 5

Perfect way to start my Monday morning here at work!

Thanks Earwolf...

I was watching last weeks CBBTV ep this morning, which had a last episode of M*A*S*H reference, so when they started talking about M*A*S*H on the podcast I lost it

• Like 1

As someone who enjoyed the Halloween Episode (wasn't crazy about Petes) I loved Scotts intro about the forums. I thought it was hilarious.

• Like 2

Exactly. There WAS some legitimate criticism in the threads for those episodes, but IMO the majority of the negative comments were not actually constructive. There was a lot of whining about the shows not being exactly what each listener wanted.

I also think the larger amount of negative feedback overall this year is due to the show becoming more high profile. CBB is reaching much bigger audience due to the TV show. Look at any other show, band, movie. A rise in popularity also leads to a rise in internet complaining about said show/band/movie.

It seems like the less obvious gags are the ones that receive the most kvetching on the forums. As much as I would like to think that Scott & Co. are above all that, I can see why it would feel stifling to feel like your audience only wants the same thing every time. He seems to be booking guests & characters specifically to expand the palette a little, which is a very good thing.

At some point newcomers will have to get used to the uncomfortable truth: PFT can't guest every episode.

• Like 1

The Fieri argument was a very good goof. Not to brag but I could tell it was just a joke before they even said so

• Like 1

Uh, a little too many goofs this episode. Scott and his guests just needs to take a more reverent approach towards comedy, in my opinion.

Also, Fieri was on blast in this episode, and the TV show. Plus I'm sure there was a bit a while ago about how Scott hated watching Fieri eat, or something? Will Choctaw and Fieri ever have a "beef over" moment?

• Like 1

cbb has spoilt me for a year with the free high levels, i have no grounds to get pissed off when i feel @let down@ by the show, but thats human nature/ as was aukerkrangs reaction.

ive felt a wee dip since butter rap, but im an asshole, so...

for the record - aukerman is brilliant in that latest tv show with jessica alba, his finest hour thus far - i think anyway.

cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb cbb bb