🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 253 — Fieri Fight

Hey Scott. I don't comment here often, but after hearing this week's episode, I gotta tell ya: It stunk. First, what's with all the talking? Play more tunes. I downloaded this thing off iTUNES, not iTALK. Second, I think you've done a good job lately finding guests that are good at TRYING to be funny, but aren't really that great at just BEING funny. You know what I mean? I know we can't have Paul F. Tompkins or Andy Daly EVERY episode, but can we at least have Paul F. Tompkins and Andy Daly every episode? Thanks. Basically, just remember the two fundamentals of comedy: "Characters" and "Jokes."

Hey it's you! I hear your name in like every other episode! How many catchphrases do you have, 80?

I respect the replies, and I didn't want to come across as a debby-downer. I just feel like there isn't a lot of places to discuss CBB episodes so it feels weird that we should censor what we say in the forums. If I had friends in real life I would just talk to them about it...

• Like 2

Hey it's you! I hear your name in like every other episode! How many catchphrases do you have, 80?

Two on the live tour, two in the studio (one under my former name, spaceball87). Since live catchphrases count for 39 studio catchphrases, yeah, about 80.

• Like 4

Why can't The Choctaw say he was bummed out hearing a bunch of folks say they didn't like an episode?

he didn't even say that, it was a 30-second sarcastic joke in a 90-minute podcast, that wasn't nearly as harsh as some of these commenters seem to think it was.

• Like 2

only prob w this ep was the sweet tease of my fav charac (character, i shortened it to save time) Bill Cosby Bukowski. Here's hoping Daly can fight the backlash and get that charac back on the airwaves!

• Like 1

I love how Heidecker "oh-so-casually" drops a massive bombshell every time he mentions a new project. Scott's laughing made it even funnier, made it sound like Tim came up with that on the spot... <_<

• Like 1

Hey Scott, when are you coming out with the "Beef-Over" T-Shirt?

I think I will go with the "Beef No Longer Existent" t-shirt.

• Like 1

Everyone is asking for Jukebox Jury but do you guys remember the kid who went on about his PE teacher? *shudders*

After 250 episodes I'm sure scott knows if the show went well. I just think if a topic has 50 replies compared to one with 10 replies, assuming we're posting positive comments, everybody will know if the episode was well liked.

I was going to make the same point. If you don't have something nice to say, why say it at all? I learned that when I was a mere scamp no older than Fourvel.

For what it's worth, Scott, I like it when you take chances. If you never took chances this podcast would never exist. This has made my Mondays (and sometimes Thursdays) something I actually look forward to for the past few years. Your art brings me a great amount of joy, so please know that. F the haters.

• Like 2

I can't complain about this episode, it was loaded with plugs! There must have been a hole in the plug bag this week. I can't remember a CBB, or even a CDR, that was this choc(taw?) -full of those sweet, sweet plugs.

• Like 2

I've been anti-Tim on the forums before -- the whole anti-comedy thing just isn't my bag, and I find it drags the show down -- but I loved this week's episode. I think my problem previously has been Scott and a guest being into it and Tim being anti-into-it, but Scott and Jon and Tim seemed to hit a really great sincere/insincere sweet spot with this episode.

Even "breaking" WYR, which is something I usually find tedious and precious from a guest (yes, games are foolish, yes, you're so much cleverer than everyone else in the room) was awesome this time out, because everyone was pretty much in sync with kicking the premise to death.

This episode was brilliant and strange.

It made me tense in a wonderful way that no other episode ever has. I hope Scott feels proud - this was just unlike any other episode he's ever done. It had such bizarre energy / content that really affected and intrigued me.

Bravo, Hot Saucerman

• Like 2