🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
brandenhaize

Daredevil Problems/Comments

1. The very first time we see Daredevil's sonic-eyesight, the insignificant sound of a tiny drop of IV fluid illuminates his entire hospital room. We then see/hear everything from footsteps to jackhammers. Wouldn't the constant noise of city life essentially give DD sonic-eyesight 24/7? Even in the countryside, the ambient nature noise would probably trigger his sonic-eyesight constantly.

So... why does he need the walking stick? Is it just to perpetuate his "blindness" story?

2. Who makes DD's outfits, weapons, etc.? Who built DD's super-awesome Superhero bachelor pad? How can DD afford to buy such nice/exotic things if he's always working on pro-bono cases?

3. At one point Joe Pantoliano gets a very close-up look of DD's walking stick. He says, "Cool color." DD responds with, "I wouldn't know." DD wasn't always blind, so he knows what colors are... but let's pretend, for the sake of argument, that DD made his own weapons, suit, etc., without any outside help. Did he not order color-specific materials from the "weapons and wardrobe factory?"

DD: "For all I know my rockin' hot pink... or I'm multicolored like some kind of ninja CLOWN."

4. In the morgue scene, Joe Pantoliano didn't recognize the hilt of DD's cane until the cane was fully extended? Come on! That's bullshit! Joe even commented on the "cool color" earlier, and it also has a very unique devil insignia on it! WTF???

5. I like how DD brutally beats a man in front of a child and then says, "I'm not the bad guy, kid." Um... that's debatable. That kid is now traumatized for life.

6. You wouldn't need superpowers (or even basic sight) to anticipate the heavy rainfall DD "predicted" (while on the rooftop with Electra). In fact, it was such a heavy rain, Miss Nachos should have said, "The view from this rooftop MIGHT be good, if it wasn't for all the storm clouds."

7. Bullseye: "I want a fucking costume!" Why have this line of dialog in the script if he doesn't ever get a costume?

8. How did DD detect Electra's impending entrance (in the restaurant) by smell? Is she wearing too much perfume? Did she not shower? Is she emitting an ultra-high amount of female pheromones (like some sort of female deer covered in her own urine)? If she reeked so badly that DD could smell her through the glass windows of a restaurant, I'm willing to bet that other non-superhero types can smell her stench, too.

(Electra tries to sneak up on DD later and he claims he can smell her "rose oil", but come on... how did he smell rose oil from inside the restaurant?)

How do you have Brubaker on the show and not ask him if he knows how Joe Quesada feels about having a rapist named after him? So many other daredevil creators are mentioned but they are usually given better parts (for example, Miller, Mack and Bendis are all boxers. Also, not only is Kevin Smith a daredevil writer in real life, but the character he plays is named Kirby.) Did the film makers just hate Quesada for some reason?

I think the film suggests that all four of his remaining senses were heightened after the incident, meaning Matt can hardcore parkour thanks to some kind of 'super-touch.'

Matt Murdock's heightened sense of touch gives him perfect balance, which allows him to perform acrobatics and stuff. He mentions it in his blind child training montage.

The reason you would chew a pill instead of swallowing it is because when you chew it, you break it into small enough bits to dissolve in your spit and be absorbed through the inside of your cheek and enter your bloodstream immediately and get the effect faster! If you swallow it, it has to be dissolved by your stomach acid and most pills have coatings on them so they dissolve slowly and get absorbed through the stomach lining so the effects start later.

DUH.

It's been a while since I've seen it (the task of rewatching seemed all too daunting), so I hope I'm remembering this right:

In the church battle between DD & Bullseye, isn't DD's method of dodging the piles of glass thrown by the superhumanly-accurate Bullseye just a series of backflips? Was this really so hard a target for a peanut-tossing, fly-killing badass like Bullsy?

How do you have Brubaker on the show and not ask him if he knows how Joe Quesada feels about having a rapist named after him? So many other daredevil creators are mentioned but they are usually given better parts (for example, Miller, Mack and Bendis are all boxers. Also, not only is Kevin Smith a daredevil writer in real life, but the character he plays is named Kirby.) Did the film makers just hate Quesada for some reason?

The Kirby character was the stereotypical goofball movie coroner, and he was played by Kevin Smith. I'd say the filmmakers hated Jack Kirby.

Sign in to follow this