🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
BrettMorris

Holiday Bundle + Brand New 2014 Single Available Now!

New 2014 Holiday Single!

20141201_123429_4052_682034.png

If you already have the bundle, pick it up for $0.99. If you don't have the bundle, get the whole thing now! It's not an option for chartists.

20141201_123551_4052_682035.jpeg

-Stard

• Like 4

Make em say unnnnhhhh. Holiday satisfaction.

P.S. is it in fact possible for me to pre-order tears on my shaft?

EDIT: just noticed the little mustard jar making a stard angel. This makes me so happy.

DOUBLE EDIT: THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

• Like 1

Brett, you knocked it out of the park with this one. Howard and Kulap are hilarious of course, but you really made it sound amazing.

KUDOS Stard!

Make em say unnnnhhhh. Holiday satisfaction.

P.S. is it in fact possible for me to pre-order tears on my shaft?

EDIT: just noticed the little mustard jar making a stard angel. This makes me so happy.

DOUBLE EDIT: THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Yeah, that made me smile as well.

Bought mine already... but saving for Dec 1. No spoilers please.

Likwise. Saving it up for the Christmas countdown as well.

I appreciate wanting to hold off on listening, but regarding "spoilers", I think we should be allowed to discuss the thing that this thread is devoted to discussing. If you don't want anything spoiled, maybe just avoid this thread.

• Like 1

I appreciate wanting to hold off on listening, but regarding "spoilers", I think we should be allowed to discuss the thing that this thread is devoted to discussing. If you don't want anything spoiled, maybe just avoid this thread.

Frankly I don't care if you spoil it. Talk all you want, but I'm holding off until the 1st. SPOIL AWAY, KP!

OK, cool. I couldn't tell if the "likewise" in your post was meant to include that part or just the "saving it" part. So here's a spoiler - YOU'RE IN FOR A REAL TREAT!

Brett, you knocked it out of the park with this one. Howard and Kulap are hilarious of course, but you really made it sound amazing.

KUDOS Stard!

Thank you sir! I definitely wanted to make this special, the ideas were too good!

I love Howard and Kulap but the tour of Dragon Manor was a disappointment. I was hoping an actual tour, not a couple of brief skits.

So, favorite tracks?

I think the opener was my favorite, both for the send-up of the Bowie/Crosby video and especially Howard's musings on Baby Jesus and his reaction to a drum.

So, favorite tracks?

I like everything, seriously. I think I get the biggest kick out of a fully realized Shredstaurant ad, but I really like hearing nice stereo mixes of songs we hear so often on the podcast. Are you doing the mixing or is Howard? What software is he using for synth & drum tracks? Is everything being run through that Soundcraft board at the studio? Those are nice preamps (at least, the one I used was pretty decent).

• Like 1

I like everything, seriously. I think I get the biggest kick out of a fully realized Shredstaurant ad, but I really like hearing nice stereo mixes of songs we hear so often on the podcast. Are you doing the mixing or is Howard? What software is he using for synth & drum tracks? Is everything being run through that Soundcraft board at the studio? Those are nice preamps (at least, the one I used was pretty decent).

Glad you liked it! I do all the mixing. For his albums and the theme songs, he does the basic tracks (I think abelton?) and I replace things and fill it out with extra stuff, edit everything, add sound design, arrange, mix, master, etc. He comes in with most of the lyrics but often there's a few lines we work on together. For the bundle, we recorded their voices and a few parts at Earwolf (Shredstaurant was written and improvised together while I had guitar in hand) but I did all the music and mixing at my home studio. Nothing was through the Soundcraft. Earwolf studio 2 has a Saffire pro 40 and I have an M-Audio Profire 2626 at home and my instruments and toys.

Uh, this album is incredible. Thank yu Ku/Wie/Stard!! I listened to it for the first time while decorating my apartment with christmas things, as it should be. The new seasonal tradition. Let It Go is so damn delightful (Howard getting into Gu Cruise mode with that singing! Can't get enough of that!)

The Let It Snow Ku-Stard remix is also a fast runner up for favorite holiday track. Put yo ass on the snow !

• Like 3

So what uh.. is it exactly? A folder of MP3s? Or maybe just maybe a Bandcamp download code or something? I wanna hear these bad boys lossless!

I believe they are high quality MP3s. I can see if we can get a lossless version up, it's not a feature that's been requested really.

Back in the day we played LPs

8-tracks, cassettes, MP3s

Now we need lossless FLACs

If you're a Chartist let me hear you scream...

• Like 1