🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 76 — Fair Game

So wait, are you positing that the computer geek was part of the KGB? That's how good Cindy Crawford is.

Also, how about when Jodi says to Kirkpatrick "They can reach in to your living room and pick your nose for you", and Kirkpatrick looks around like they're actually about to do it? LOL Followed by, "That's why their I.D.s were so perfect..."

I'd love to see a season long arc on NTSF:SD:SUV that recreates this movie shot for shot (a'la Arsheerio Paul Show/Greatest Event in TV History). It's a perfect parody of itself.

YES YES YES!

• Like 1

Link to bigger image: http://i.imgur.com/tcLaiPm.jpg

AP2ydaql.jpg

In the second he could be logging into a remote machine, that would explain the language change.

Yeah, I can see that. He's logging into another server and then is changed to root user. That's why the percent sign next to the command changes to a hash sign by the time he types in "/usr/local/..."

But that Cryllic it looks like he's running a command, because he has a flag and piping it into another program. Does anyone know Cryllic?

Yeah, I can see that. He's logging into another server and then is changed to root user. That's why the percent sign next to the command changes to a hash sign by the time he types in "/usr/local/..."

But that Cryllic it looks like he's running a command, because he has a flag and piping it into another program. Does anyone know Cryllic?

My Russian is not perfect but I'm pretty sure "6#>" says something like "Start English language system".

By the way did anyone else feel bad for the cat that died in Cindy's exploding house? The one that didn't wanna watch the news with Cindy?

:-(

• Like 1

The odd portrayal of computers in movies:

80s - MAGICAL portals to fantasy miracles and new worlds (TRON, Weird Science) or global dominance (War Games).

90s - Everything can be HACKED! Computers are no longer magical, but they control all the little things in life. Huge hacking efforts are not used to take over the world, but to track individuals and ruin their lives (Hackers, The Net). More in line with the X-files led conspiracy paranoia of the 90s, where imaginations ran wild on what the new enemy would be in the time between the fall of the Soviet Union and 9/11.

Question: When movies, particularly mid-90's thrillers or action flicks written by people that don't know how computers work, have computers doing off-the-wall things, do you prefer to have no explanation, like they're just all-knowing omnipotent things or whatever, or do you like it more when characters try to walk us through it? I personally love made-up technobabble and exposition that reeks of screenwriters thinking they're clever, but I can understand how it would drive people that actually know a thing or two about HOW they work absolutely fucking crazy. Not that it drives ME crazy or that it's the same thing really, but I've spent a lot of time working on planes, and I find it funny whenever someone can just sneak into a hangar, steal a jet, and be up in the air five seconds later, not so much because of the technology involved, but because sometimes it would take an entire team of people to make it happen.

Anyone else really, really want an episode on "The Net"?

• Like 1

Stupid question: Why do the (ex?) KGB agents talk in English when they're by themselves? Why wouldn't they talk in Russian? I know it's a action movie trope to have a bad guy speaking to the good guy(s) in heavily accented English, but there's no reason for a group of ESL antagonists to not talk among themselves in their native tongue.

• Like 1

Stupid question: Why do the (ex?) KGB agents talk in English when they're by themselves? Why wouldn't they talk in Russian? I know it's a action movie trope to have a bad guy speaking to the good guy(s) in heavily accented English, but there's no reason for a group of ESL antagonists to not talk among themselves in their native tongue.

i enjoy the rationale of the agents in "the americans" to never speak russian by having a kgb dude early on say to them "ok well now you're so deep into this role that you must always speak english from now on no more russian ok"

• Like 1

My favorite is when there are characters in movies or TV shows that say something in their own language and then repeat it in English, like even simple phrases that don't need it, particularly as it relates to the characters and their relationships.

Question: When movies, particularly mid-90's thrillers or action flicks written by people that don't know how computers work, have computers doing off-the-wall things, do you prefer to have no explanation, like they're just all-knowing omnipotent things or whatever, or do you like it more when characters try to walk us through it? I personally love made-up technobabble and exposition that reeks of screenwriters thinking they're clever, but I can understand how it would drive people that actually know a thing or two about HOW they work absolutely fucking crazy. Not that it drives ME crazy or that it's the same thing really, but I've spent a lot of time working on planes, and I find it funny whenever someone can just sneak into a hangar, steal a jet, and be up in the air five seconds later, not so much because of the technology involved, but because sometimes it would take an entire team of people to make it happen.

I love the technobabble approach. There is no end of funny ass shit that comes out character's mouths when they are talking about computers, networking, etc.

[media='']

[/media]

By the way did anyone else feel bad for the cat that died in Cindy's exploding house? The one that didn't wanna watch the news with Cindy?

:-(

That was sad, they also made a bad joke about it. Cindy says something along the lines of "Hey kitty, do you want to watch the news with me? Come on, it's not going to kill you".

Also, Paul mentioned the black cop in the background. Disappointingly, he wears a shirt under is vest.

tUMEHtal.jpg

That was sad, they also made a bad joke about it. Cindy says something along the lines of "Hey kitty, do you want to watch the news with me? Come on, it's not going to kill you".

Also, Paul mentioned the black cop in the background. Disappointingly, he wears a shirt under is vest.

tUMEHtal.jpg

Could you get a screenshot of the ragdoll Cindy Crawford flying out of the exploding house? I would to get a Fair Game meme going.

I want the entire works of Brancato and Ferris done! No one ever replied :(

http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/11376-the-entire-works-of-brancato-and-ferris-of-catwoman-fame/page__hl__brancato__fromsearch__1

Seriously, look at that list. The two are a guaranteed duo of jaw dropping terrible. Did you notice HDTGM favorite Catwoman up there?

The only other current writing duo as bad as them are Marianne and Cormac Wibberly:

The 6th Day

Charlie's Angels Full Throttle

Both National Treasure movies

Bad Boys II

I Spy

The Shaggy Dog remake

G-Force

Not only are they terrible, but they frequently collaborate with the worst writers in the business. Take a look at the other writers they worked with on I Spy and what they went on to do:

National Security

Norbit(!!!!!!)

Zookeeper(!!!!!!)

Smurfs 1 & 2 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

They are a force of pure evil that must be carefully studied.

I honestly think that when the pizza cop walked by Cindy and said "Woooo! You smell like you fell in a sewer" was not because of the water they fell in, but because Cindy Crawford shit her pants from that explosion. I definitely would have.

blownaway_zpsd9e8321d.png

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this