🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 76 — Fair Game

I love how not-Jack Nicholson pulls up in his car inconspicuously right before the explosion, but parks right in front of her house and walks right in to traffic? His intentions are pretty clear.

I forgot to add that it was all Billy Baldwin's fault that his cousin died! He knew their every move was being tracked electronically, credit cards, phones, everything, and yet instead of trying to keep her away, he decides to fax her and bring KGB right to her door. It was the Guile/Blanca "We're coming for you Charlie!" thing from the Street Fighter movie all over again.

• Like 1

'Fair Game' refers to the boat because it was 'fair game' for Cindy Crawford to go after in her divorce case.

I haven't seen this movie since it came out, but I remember two things:

1. The sex scene on the hood of a car in a freezing, filthy freight train car between two people who a) don't particularly like each other and B) should be seeking medical treatment for all of the explosions they've been through.

2. The scene in the garage, because when one of the cars pulls out and drives away, there's a blood stain on the window. But we don't see how that bloodstain got there until a scene or two later.

The IMDB tagline is: "He's a cop on the edge. She's a woman with a dangerous secret. And now they're both...fair game." which doesn't make much sense because she doesn't have a secret.

I could not stand this movie at all. The crew was WAY too easy on this one. Ugh.

The IMDB tagline is: "He's a cop on the edge. She's a woman with a dangerous secret. And now they're both...fair game." which doesn't make much sense because she doesn't have a secret.

That only makes sense if at any point they were ever off limits, right?

I could not stand this movie at all. The crew was WAY too easy on this one. Ugh.

They really didn't go easy on it, they just had a good time shredding it.

That only makes sense if at any point they were ever off limits, right?

lol! The tagline to the movie, the movie synopsis, and the narration to the trailer are all not this movie.

The henchwoman is 80s character actress Jennette Goldstein. She is the female marine from Aliens, the detecive blown up on the diving board in Lethal Weapon 2, and John Connor's adoptive mother in T2

cool game: try to read this tagline without throwing in *RECORD SCRATCH* and that "roll to me" song from 1995

So, HDTGM have now covered two movies based on the same book. That's right: Cobra and Fair Game are based on the same novel -- Apparently. Yeah, I don't know how that works, either.

I listened to the Cobra episode just before (like literally the day before) and Fair Game got a shout out.

A couple of things I caught that I can still remember since I don't have my notes with me:

In the tender lovemaking scene (that really should have been a throw-down angry quicky - let's be honest), Cindy is being taken to pound town on the car, then flash the nips, she spots the voyeuristic man-butt-loving baddie, goes right for the gun, and when she goes up to shoot, the shirt is instantly back on.

I liked how the thermal scope reads 98.6 degrees F for each person.

No one commented on how much this movie wants to be Lethal Weapon, even down to the bluesy-crying solo guitar. Maybe it's just me.

Billy Baldwin chases that train down and nearly dies solely to bone Cindy. The bad guys still capture her in the end.

The ship the Russians are on is a total pile of garbage yet no expense is spared on any other resource. It was even valued correctly I bet. Now, I know very little about commercial freighters but $200k for a ship like that has to be practically nothing.

***REVISED***

I now have my notes. Other items not talked about were:

On the train, before Billy takes Cindy to the Bone Zone, but after she has already hit him a couple of times, he is heard yelling the phrase "Why don't you give me your best shot, c'mon!" but this audio was clearly added in post because his lips move to form only about two words. I wonder what the original line was...

When the bomb goes off and the alleged bomber starts shooting an automatic weapon,Billy Baldwin takes out his little pistol and goes -completely- sideways shooting and jumping into the water...where, mind you, he would be an easy target, as would a limp, should-be-unconscious, Cindy. Yet the bomber (alleged) runs away. What a dick.

All the fire sprinklers go off in the garage when the car explodes (a la Die Hard). Fire sprinklers do not work this way. Each one has a bulb that pops and releases water when it gets to a specific temperature. So, no fire = no heat = no popping bulb.

Why is the car tracker the only encrypted data online (the a-hole hacker states that because of this, it will take more time to hack)? They simply needed more time for the scene I guess...

I love the beach fight cooch kick

On the conveniently placed rescue boat at the end, I love that they hear Russian guy's scream and react to it.

Billy Baldwin chases that train down and nearly dies solely to bone Cindy. The bad guys still capture her in the end.

I would jump on a moving train to bone 1990s Cindy Crawford. Whether or not I would make it is another story, but I would definitely try.

I would jump on a moving train to bone 1990s Cindy Crawford. Whether or not I would make it is another story, but I would definitely try.

i SECOND THAT!

I could watch this video of Cindy Crawford getting exploded out of her apartment all day long. It's next level awesome.

I've been catching up on all the older episodes I never listened to, and I just started this one and I just wanted to jump on here and say... I would pay money for Garbage Pail Kids Super Model cards.

Sign in to follow this