🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 108 — I Do Muther-F-N-improv!

Warning: You are tuning into some muther-f-n unapologetic improv from Matt Besser, Adam McKay, and Mike Still on a special improv3humans! Things get mad crazy as they travel from unpronounceable camps to the trenches of the Pacific. Plus, Adam addresses being called out by Jim Breuer over his departure from SNL in another edition of Case Closed. You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

The Hermit was from Maine. My friend bought a house about 10 miles from where they found the guy. Finding him was big time news last winter/spring. What's ridiculous is he had no survival training, didn't even know how to make a fire, and couldn't hunt. The dude listened to a radio (that he stole, and stole batteries for), cooked on sternos, and read books all day. Why'd he do it? No reason. He just felt like it one day back in the 80s.

For people that have never been to Maine in the winter, it's rough. It's freaking 20 degrees right now as I'm typing and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. It gets to like -50 with windchill for 2-3 weeks every February... Plus all the snow.

He covered his tracks, kept his fire low, devised a system of tarps for camoflague, and just chilled. Some people were pissy because he stole a shovel or something from their sheds sometimes, others couldn't give a fuck and left food and stuff during the winter.

Apparently he developed diabetes and had diminishing eyesight, but other than that nothing was wrong with him physically or mentally (from what I heard/read). All I have to say is, that's hardcore.

--

Also, it was cool hearing McKay's side of the Breuer stuff. I figured it was something like miscommunication rather than outright vindictiveness. I feel like it's pretty tough for someone other than Lorne to pull the strings on that show. Unless there's a physical fight, or you're Norm MacDonald taking on OJ, it's probably Lorne's call.

I'm afraid to listen to this at work because I want to die of laughter in the comfort of my own home.

• Like 1

So, Besser's looking for punny product ideas, a la Kulap Vilaysocks. I've got, uh..."Welcome Mat" Bessers, and Matt Bassoons (though, if you play one of those in the streets of New York, you might get yelled at). I know those are terrible.

This was great, though. It's always a treat to hear Adam McKay on podcasts, he's hilarious. Mike Still is great, Besser is the man. Keep doing motherf'n improv, guys!

• Like 2

Product idea: Not a pun at all, but something like Improv Imps, little figurines like Smurfs of Besser and the I4H regulars. They could also go with BobbleHeads, since a lot of us listen in our cars or at work.

• Like 1

I would buy a bobble head of the i4h logo. The only reason I never picked up a shirt was I really dislike yellow. Sorry! I did buy the sexy robot shirt two days ago.

Adam McKay needs to come back more often.

So, Besser's looking for punny product ideas, a la Kulap Vilaysocks. I've got, uh..."Welcome Mat" Bessers, and Matt Bassoons (though, if you play one of those in the streets of New York, you might get yelled at). I know those are terrible. This was great, though. It's always a treat to hear Adam McKay on podcasts, he's hilarious. Mike Still is great, Besser is the man. Keep doing motherf'n improv, guys!

I vote for the Welcome Mat Bessers.

With maybe the I4H logo?

Mike Still was on fire in this episode. Awesome from top to bottom.

Also, where the shit is Sean Conroy? It feels like forever since he has been on.

• Like 2

I love how cinematic Adam is with his improv. Also, that he can't quite remember the lyrics to that Leonard Cohen song.

• Like 5

These are horrible product suggestions so far. You guys can do better than that. You're human!

I love how cinematic Adam is with his improv. Also, that he can't quite remember the lyrics to that Leonard Cohen song.

All faux dramatic scenes are improved by "Chelsea Hotel No 2," even if you fudge the lyrics.

"Case Closed" briefcases. Or even a lunch box.

The Besser French Presser?

The Besser Compressor? (a portable air compressor for when you have a flat tire)

Matt Blesser (press a button and the electronic Matt Besser head reads a inspirational bible verse in a midly sarcastic tone)

*Suggested in a scene much like the one in The Hudsucker Proxy*

Matt Chesser. A chess set with all the pieces modeled after I4H guests. So Besser would be the king, feel free to speculate who the other pieces for this terrible hypothetical idea would be.

• Like 2

have kulap on the show and then say you get half the money from the socks afterward since she's done both

or make matt bessocks

i liked this ep a lot.

also i recieved my improv manual today, i got it on amazon os i will write a review when i read it. i will buy your standup too mr besser then i will be out of things to buy from you

edit: fixed a typo

• Like 1

Matt Stressor - A rubber Besser doll that you squeeze and his eyes pop out. Or if you want to make it a little more "personal," have the nose and hair and belly button pop out.

Matt Breaster - i4h push-up bra.

Or maybe an improv4humidifier?

Improv4humus - novelty party dip

Over-hard eggs

Matte Besser: Non-glossy office paper, reams of 250.

Temp Tatt Bessers - Various tempory tattoos of the i4h logo, Besser's face, sexy robot, or fan-submitted art, etc.

• Like 4

Yeah, I was gonna suggest the same as your first idea, the stress doll. It'd fit with the "What is Bothering You?" portion of the show.

Sign in to follow this