Sign in to follow this  
comedyforlife

Easy Audio Mixing

I am new to audio editing but excited to create a plugs theme song for Comedy Bang Bang. What is the best software to start editing audio files with?

Thanks

An easy-to-use and free one is Audacity. It's not as complicated and whizzbang as Ableton Live or some other programs but it gets the job done. I use it for small projects at work sometimes when I'm not at my little home studio. Plus it's free so you won't have to feel bad about pirating a piece of software that costs several hundred dollars.

If you can get your hands on CoolEdit Pro and BeatCraft that'd be useful. Of all the ones I've used I found CoolEdit to be the simplest (it's more or less on par with audacity). I used to use these when I was recording song ideas. Beatcraft just allows you to write drum parts. I think you can even buy these for pretty cheap (it's been a while since I've used it so pardon me if that statement is no longer true)

I also use to use a Line 6 Pod X3 for effects and pre-amps. Even though it's an effects pedal for guitar, it's loaded with vocal pre-amps, as well as bass / acoustic settings. You don't really have to know how to fiddle with mic-preamps. There's plenty of default settings you can use.

If you can get your hands on CoolEdit Pro...

They'll say 'Cool edit, bro!' when you use CoolEdit Pro!

• Like 2

They'll say 'Cool edit, bro!' when you use CoolEdit Pro!

They'd damn well better!

Also, if you can figure out how to sample & remove noise, it'll make your podcast sound nice & pretty! Just as long as it's just a bit of consistent noise (like an AC unit, a fan, your neighbors' vibrator, etc..)