🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 258 — Yoke Jams

We’re never not thankful here at Comedy Bing! Bong! and this week is no exception as Never Not Funny’s Jimmy Pardo returns along with first timer/singer-songwriter Bill Callahan! Jimmy gives us the deets on the 5th Annual Pardcast-a-thon and Bill performs songs from his latest album “Dream River” before Scott’s ex-stepfather Bob Ducca drops by to tell us about his recent life changing experience. Don’t forget to cast your votes for the Best of 2013 CBB episode over at blog.earwolf.com!

• Like 1

Bill Callahan?! HOLY SHIT! That is someone I never expected to hear on CBB. You guys continue to surprise and thrill me.

• Like 1

This is reminiscent of the time I saw that St Vincent was on the show. Such a delightful surprise. CBB is just too cool for school (though I would recommend that you remain in said school and complete your studies).

• Like 1

Thank god Merrill Schindler didn't show up to sample Ducca Shrooms.

Nothing against Merrill... I'm just feeling queasy thinking about it.

• Like 2

Ha! I wondered how the notoriously easily queazy J Pardo handled it?? "Is that pus?" "No, trufle oil."

Seriously though, Ducca on Ayahuasca?! Duccashrooms? Always so great to hear Ducca. If you are a fan and have never listened to the Benson Interruption with him, do so forthwith.

Bill Callahan?! HOLY SHIT! That is someone I never expected to hear on CBB. You guys continue to surprise and thrill me.

Right? Smog, guys! Who woulda ever thought that would happen?

BIll Callahan bringing the heat! And damn Duccas Wrecking Ball karaoke was gold.

Additionally, I became irrationally angry when Pardo claimed they were on the fifth floor. I've become so absurdly invested in the shows continuity that the first floor height (though a lethal drop none the less) is a point of religious doctrine to me. Did the train of suicides that dove out that window mean nothing to him?

• Like 4

Man alive, voting for the Best Of 2013 was an ordeal! I actually went through the entire list, read all the synopses to jog my memory, came up with a list of 23-24 episodes that really stood out to me, then had to painstakingly whittle them down to 10. The CBBLIVE2013 episodes were a curveball too. I don't know if any of them will make the list, simply because they cost money so it is safe to say not all fans of the podcast have heard them. But I voted for the final D.C. show because it was amazing, with PFT really elevating the Alan Thicke character to ridiculous proportions, coupled with Jesse Ventura and a game of WYR that goes so off the rails I had to listen to it multiple times because it felt so good to laugh at it.

What I found interesting is that character episodes are what I always love and glom on to, and again and again I just came across Horatio's or Eugene's or PFT's episodes, remembered how amazing all their new characters are, then have to choose which ones I liked better. Brutal, special, comedy torture, but I'm pretty happy with my selection (and then of course there is Cactus Tony squaring off against The Zouks and Aukerman for the 200th ep, Wompler's Birthday Pool Party, and Huell's send off episodes. Essential listening, in my opinion).

Apologies if talking about the voting is gauche, I really have no idea what the etiquette is, and if this is considered lobbying then so be it.

I can't wait to see what makes the list!

• Like 2

Also I decided not to vote for any live eps since not everyone heard them so I feel like it would be a wate of one of my votes. Also it's hard enough to narrow the regular eps down to 10 without including those

• Like 2

There was a run in the early/middle of year that has three or four of my all time favorites.

I would put Halfway to China, The pool party Whomptacular, and Time Bobby 2 against any ever. There is something about the complex story brough to completion, amazing character work, and brillant cooperation that put them on their own level.

• Like 4

Guys we need to make sure that Mall McCartney makes it to the best of countdown! Yeah baby, yeah!

• Like 5

i wish i could describe how happy this ep made me feel..thanks choctaw!

Ventura and Ducca both enjoy the word bellow

I'm glad Scott finally put Weezer in it's rightful place.

I never heard Bill Callahan before, so I'll vote mustard.

'Mastiff sized thunder shirt' is the greatest phrase I'll hear this year.

^^^And Mall McCartney is on my list (of the best things in life.)

It was so brave of Bill Callahan to come on the show and perform after ingesting what many would consider a lethal dose of Xanax

• Like 16

BILL CALLAHAN. SWOON. Great job on that one, Scott! HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

One of my favorite lines. "I had some innocent people arrested and they're probably not doing well."

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this