🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 258 — Yoke Jams

One of my favorite lines. "I had some innocent people arrested and they're probably not doing well."

• Like 3

One of my favorite lines. "I had some innocent people arrested and they're probably not doing well."

My computer thought it was so nice that it posted it twice.

Did Bill Callahan understand where he was? Playing it too straight, my friend, bringing zero energy. That said, the songs were kind of cool

• Like 1

But I voted for the final D.C. show because it was amazing, with PFT really elevating the Alan Thicke character to ridiculous proportions, coupled with Jesse Ventura and a game of WYR that goes so off the rails I had to listen to it multiple times because i felt so good to laugh at it.

Same. Of all the tour eps, that one got my vote. Utter glorious magic happened there.

• Like 1

Did Bill Callahan understand where he was? Playing it too straight, my friend, bringing zero energy. That said, the songs were kind of cool

Most of the musical guests play it straight. They can't all be Neco Case.

• Like 2

I thought that I had immunity to gross stuff, but then I was introduced to Ducca Shrooms. I was literally queasy after that.

• Like 1

Bill was amazing yokin' some Miley Cyrus. The song means somuch more to me now. I finally understand.

I wonder if he has ever done karaoke in those booths where you can film a little music video? That would be incredible.

Most of the musical guests play it straight. They can't all be Neco Case.

I get that musical guests aren't comedians (although Nick Thorburn on Analyze Phish was very good), but he was on mic the whole time and was giving Scott nothing in any of their interactions, to the point that it became funny how disengaged he was. Even a musician can put in a little effort, can't they?

• Like 1

Bill finally got a decent one in there at the end and it went almost unnoticed, "Maybe I didn't put my name at the top"

• Like 3

I think Bill Callahan might win the award for least amount of words spoken as an on-mic guest during a 90 minute podcast. He had some serious Andy Kaufman level genius going on.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but for me, sometimes I had trouble telling Jimmy and Bill apart.

• Like 4

Oh god. Neck truffles. I actually came close to gagging. I pictured (?) this smell filling the room when he took off his neck brace. God damnit Ducca... I hate you.

• Like 1

This might be a terribly unpopular opinion, but I can't stand Pardo.

Having said that, great Ducca. I could hear a whole 90 minutes of him just listing things, and woah what a musical guest.

• Like 1

This might be a terribly unpopular opinion, but I can't stand Pardo.

The first step is admiting you have a problem.

• Like 4

Voting was difficult again this year, but Half a Score was the standout episode for me.

• Like 1

loved how much everyone included bill in the conversation, his quietness and straightness was hilarious.

edit.

should have prefaced that with i really, really, really like bill callahan.

Sign in to follow this