🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Syme

Suggest B-B-B-B-B-BONUS-S-S-S-S-S CLIPS-S-S-S-S-S for the best of

I don't know if this'll affect anything but nonetheless if you've been voting on the poll, you'll no doubt be CRYING over the episodes you can't include in your top 10 (Unless you just voted twice or something.) So here's a thread to mention some moments you either couldn't vote for or think are unlikely to make the final cut.

229 - Two Thumbs & Not Much Else (Ben Schwartz, Paul F. Tompkins)

Werner Herzog, Scott and Ben Schwarz improvised commercial for "Where's the Beef?"

Live from Toronto (Sean Cullen, Paul F. Tompkins)

"Roleplay Scenario" with Sean Cullen as "Hollywood Producer" Alan Thicke as "Himself" and Scott Aukerman as "Karen"

I loved it this year whenever Scott would describe the euphoria a man feels while drowning. There's just not enough oxygen left in my brain for me to remember the specific episodes in which he shared these epiphanies.

Werner Herzog's Yelp review is one of my favourite things to ever happen.

Neil Campbell's vacuum fresstyle rap OF COURSE.

• Like 2

Amy Poehler's breakfast rap was ridiculous. She is a national treasure.

The "consummation devoutly to be wished" and "I'll allow it counsellor" runs during the tour killed me.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiit's been a remarkable year of Comedy Bean Baggery!!

• Like 1

Episode 237 - Filipino Blockbuster

Tito Ben singing the back up tracks to karaoke songs.

Episode 230 - Something For Everything

Neil Campbell's wildly pedophiliac freestyle rap.

Episode 229 - Two Thumbs and Not Much Else

Even though this is my favorite episode of the year with very little contention, my favorite moment comes when Werner sings the "What Should We Do?" theme song and says "Kiss Mein Grits."

Episode 202 - Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder

"My next project is just two and half hours of me smirking at the camera." - PSH

Episode 197 - Please Claire-ify

Paul Rust's New No-No's. Particularly, "New No-no! All food is cold now," "New no-no! I saw Lincoln Lawyer twice."

Iiiiiiiiiiiiit's been a remarkable year of Comedy Bean Baggery!!

Did "IT'S BEEN" start this year? If so, and that episode doesn't win, the origin of that running gag and PFT's endless laughter about it must be included.

Edit:

If 240 #TheWorldsEnd doesn't make the best of list based solely off the impression, Simon Pegg's AMAZING Michael Caine should be a b-b-b-BONUS.

• Like 1

The bit from the Toronto live show with PFT as Alan Thicke pitching his TV show was one of my favourite moments of the year.

There were tons of great moments this year, for sure the best year in the CBB universe!

Here are some favorite moments for episodes I didn't vote for:

209- Bisco Boys - Howard's awesome freestyle rap at the end of the episode. "Kibbles N Bits, Wittels N Shit"

224- Live From Austin - Bill Diesel's adventures with a baseball bat at the movie theater.

Live from NY Show 2 - Insane and vulgar Would You Rather

I also second Syme's vote of Toronto live show. Scott was amazing as Karen.

• Like 1

Multiple Werner Herzog's from San Francisco Live

• Episode 189 Scott and Chris Fairbanks doing Jimmy Stewart impressions at each other (Duelling Stewarts)
  • Episode 112 Al Yankovic, Lord ALW and Scott having a "ha'mo" between 1:05:00 and 1:06:00 ("We're just saying things")

Surely we can't forget the multiple amazing twists and reveals from Marissa Wompler's Birthday Womptacular

• Like 1

Episode 189 - Chris Fairbanks's diatribe about Flapjacks and Pancakes was delightful

NYC Live Show #2 had one of my favorite WYR games ever

Also totally agree with creakslamsit - the Herzog Yelp review and Campbell rap battle were amazing

And, oh my god, the Santer Klantz bit from the holiday episode may be my favorite thing to happen on the show ever

• Like 1

In Ep #209 "The Bisco Boys", the part starting at 29:44 with the repeated phone calls from Nabisco.

• Like 1

EP 299 - Skid Row with Ben Schwartz and Scott

EP 189 - The Pancakes Vs. Flapjacks Bit

EP 201 - "UH, YEAH" - Jon Glazer

My choices for b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s clips:

• Bob Odenkirk's Englishman impression from Ice Cold STaB
  • Tito Ben singing karaoke from Filipino Blockbuster
  • Shelby Orangina communicating with Scott's grandparents from A Spiritual Journey
  • Neil Campbell's rap from Something for Everything
  • Paul Giamatti's glorious return from the Kumail ep
  • Michael Jackson talking about hell from A Visit to Hee-heell

EDIT: I have to include the Huell tribute from the beginning of the year! My god this was a great year to get into CBB.

• Like 1

Any of Shelby Orangina (Joe Wengert)'s spiritual journeys/flashbacksin ep 210

Really all of them though, the way they build on each other, with the "terrible presence", to the point where Roy Scheider changes channel from Mrs Doubtfire to the Nightmare Before Christmas.

• Like 2

I'd have trouble in good faith voting for the episode as a whole as the very BEST, but Paul Rust's "dot dot dot... crEEEEEEEEEEEEPIES" has become a firm, oft-quoted favourite in our social circle and would be well represented in the Best Of as a B-B-Bonus-s-s snippet.

I'm going to reiterate: Simon Pegg as Michael Caine. It is that good.

Also, Besser's rendition of Silent Night as Bjork from the 2012 Holiday Spectacular.

• Like 3

Definitely "Beef Over" from the Tim Meadows episode

Sneak attack and the coffin that's also a tuba with Jesse Ventura in Austin (Also Reggie Watts' "If you get high" jam during that episode was astoundingly good)

And DEFINITELY Bob Ducca's "heroes from his imaginorium" with Bill Heder (ie Lance Corporal Scott Bukkake)

And, oh my god, the Santer Klantz bit from the holiday episode may be my favorite thing to happen on the show ever

holy shit yes!

especially the the exchange between Ice T and Liz where she instantly knows he's Santer Klantz cause "everybody knows about Maldives tradition"

• Like 1

How is "Two Thumbs and Not Much Else" not going to make the top 10?

Werner Herzog continually kicking the gun out of the reach of Jack REACHER was killing me! And Herzog's alternatie ending to "Grown Ups 2"-- "I am a homosexual!"--was by far the funniest bit on CBB all year!

Also, the Womptacular pool party needs to make it, due to Saucerman's "I haven't seen this many Asian people in the water since the last tsunami" comment...!

• Like 1