🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AshlieghSphyre

The Black Dahlia Haunting (2012)

This movie was one of those "well we have extra time and since it's a local production it will bring people in..." picks at a festival I attended last year. It was so awful that no one who wasn't involved in production managed to not make SOME comment about how nutters it was by the time it ended (and most of the people I knew in attendance were trying really hard to be respectful of the cast and crew since they were all there but... Ugh) I wouldn't be suggesting it at all except for the fact that it very inexplicably managed to get distribution. Strong enough distribution that I saw an ad for it on a bus downtown couple weeks ago. (ETA I mean on the OUTSIDE of a bus, not the cheap ads inside. The ones drivers, pedestrians, and the rest of the world have to see)

The movie is about some girl whose brother is accused of murder (and is blind for some reason) who has to come to LA to see him and somehow the ghost of the Black Dahlia is attached to her and the guy who murdered her possesses a doctor and something about a knife buried in a cave probably in Griffith Park and self inflicted abortions in bathtubs IN COCKTAIL DRESSES and... Well I can't honestly tell you what it's about because I never figured it out BUT there's ghosts and presumably possession and flashbacks and blind people and abortions and a tour of all of LA in one day and mental wards. Also, the guy who is in that Monster Man SyFy reality show is in it.

I can't find any conversations about it so I don't believe it has yet been suggested (i apologize if it has). I tried to recommend it at For Your Inconsideration but despite the fact that it IS listed on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB the site couldn't find it (I'm assuming I'm missing something and that may have to do with the fact that I'm on my phone) I'm including links to both the Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB pages as well as the trailer.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_black_dahlia_haunting/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2359347/?mode=desktop (read the reviews)

I trust you will all see precisely what I mean.

Sign in to follow this