🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 109 — LIVE from Bumbershoot Pt. 2

Be thankful today for having Tim Meadows, Horatio Sanz, Brian Huskey, and Matt Besser return for part two of a very special improv4humans recorded LIVE from Bumbershoot! Listen as they take a tour of the space needle, play a high stakes game of Pokemon, and take a 9 year old’s request for a mascot bar scene. You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

That seemed like a pretty crazy show to have some 9 year-olds and a 2 year-old at. I am sure that the Barbados scene will scar them all in the future.

Holy fuck. I lost my shit at the Major Lazer writer's room sketch. I had to rewind that scene a couple of times before moving onto the rest of the episode.

"Blimp Dick" :lol:

I'm just at the Pokemon segment, let me try and explain this.

When you think of Pokemon you are thinking of the TV show and the collectable card game, all of that is basically just merchandise. The real Pokemon, the thing all those things are based off of is Nintendos mobile RPGs (video games) for the Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS and 3DS.

Pokemon is still popular because the video games are still awesome!

• Like 3

Holy fuck. I lost my shit at the Major Lazer writer's room sketch.

The funniest part was comedians apparently thinking that a musical act has a "writers' room". (And no, I don't think any of them actually think it, yet someone brought it up somehow.)

It's definitely weird to have kids in the audience, but preferable to disruptive assholes who call everyone faggots.

I could listen to these four guys do improv all day long.

The funniest part was comedians apparently thinking that a musical act has a "writers' room".

Was I the only one who thought that it was funnier that they all believed that Major Lazer is one guy?... because it is definitely 2 people.

• Like 2

When you think of Pokemon you are thinking of the TV show and the collectable card game, all of that is basically just merchandise. The real Pokemon, the thing all those things are based off of is Nintendos mobile RPGs (video games) for the Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS and 3DS.

Pokemon is still popular because the video games are still awesome!

As a lifelong Pokemon fan...it was WAY funnier that they just completely disregarded whatever the hell Pokemon's "rules" might be for the scene. And the Collectible Card Game isn't "just merchandise", it just happens to be a type of card game that literally should not even be legal to sell to children.

The CCG is just as much of a "real game", but actually collecting the cards you need to "battle" is...essentially gambling. It's peer pressuring small kids into yelling at their parents to more or less buy packs of lotto scratchers - "boosters" that MIGHT have a card you need/are looking for. I feel really bad that Tim Meadows had to go through the same Pokemon Card Nightmare that my parents did back in 2000.

• Like 1

As much play as Horatio and Tim got on SNL, every time that I hear them on Improv4Humans I feel like they were just drastically under-utilized on TV. Two of the best guests possible.

• Like 8

rofl - Horatio Sanz kills me man. "This one time, Chaz Bono came in..." (okay, where's this going?) "and his man side was a good driver---" I'm done. Hilarious! They're all fantastic, and this was a great show! I wish I could go to Bumbershoot, but being on the other side of the country, I don't see it happening unless I move to Seattle. Still, Best Podcast in the Universe does it again!

Oh and you guys handled the shit out of the loud heckler - Matt and Brian specifically. The one guy who was "married to the lady who told you what research means". Those people sounded like assholes; more people should punch idiots in the face. That way they'll keep being stupid a secret instead of forcing it upon the rest of society. But you guys handled it quick, turned it funny - bravo, guys. Bravo.

Man some real douchey people in the crowd. Between the one guy about the research, and the ones getting indignant about Pokemon and fucking Air Force One, I would just not want to interact with them at all lol.

Sign in to follow this