🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Tarzan (2013)

Holy crap this looks horrendous, and it appears that Kellan Lutz is this years Taylor Kitsch as this is is second crappy looking adaptation this year after the miserable look Hercules movie. From the god awful animation to the fact that for some reason Tarzan is fighting a corporation that is looking for an alien artifact that killed the dinosaurs, this movie is perfect for being HDTGM's first animated movie.

• Like 1

Well, it doesn't look good, but I'd wait until it comes out to find out if it's HDTGM level bad.

The hard left the trailer makes is just astounding

I'm also amazed that a movie that looks like one of those Barbie/Tinkerbell direct to DVD films is getting a wide theatrical release.

• Like 1

I'm also amazed that a movie that looks like one of those Barbie/Tinkerbell direct to DVD films is getting a wide theatrical release.

Well, this movie was comparatively dirt cheap to produce, they don't have any notable actors to pay for in the cast, and they are riding the surplus wave of digitally animated movies.

@Shannon- I feel like they wanted to get an Avatar kind of feel to remind people of a movie that was maybe worth paying to see. They are trying pretty hard to appeal to the widest demographic possible.

I think people actually forget that there was some sci-fi stuff in a lot of those books, including "Tarzan and the Ant-Men", "Tarzan at the Earth's Core" and "Tarzan and the Lion Man" (which was essentially just The Island of Dr. Moreau with Tarzan), so there is a history of crazy shit in those books. I don't think they ever did aliens in the official books, though.

I think people actually forget that there was some sci-fi stuff in a lot of those books, including "Tarzan and the Ant-Men", "Tarzan at the Earth's Core" and "Tarzan and the Lion Man" (which was essentially just The Island of Dr. Moreau with Tarzan), so there is a history of crazy shit in those books. I don't think they ever did aliens in the official books, though.

What makes you think the producers ever read the books?

• Like 2

If they did, I would have expected a Lion Men/Ant Men war that they are not prepared to deliver.

Sign in to follow this