🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 259 — Charlotte's Website

And for the tiresomely earnest comment quotient, CATFISH the film is a fake documentary about presenting one's self fraudulently online, or at least the protagonists doing so. Hence, catfishing.

Which comes from the fishing world, when you got a fish on the line and you think it's a valuable fish, but then turns out to be a fatty catfish.

• Like 1

God Damn you are by far the sexiest bang bang guest Joe Wengert.

Typical. Whenever there's a funny male comedian on the show, everyone suddenly comments on his looks and asks if he's single!

• Like 5

I have the biggest mancrush on Lauren Lapkus. I'm not gay... but you know what, I'm gay.

Lauren just jumped into my top 5 favorite CBB guests, if she wasn't there already. Her character reminded me of Paul F. Tompkins' Danny Glover impression at times, which is a good thing.

Great episode, I love that it was nice and long so that all three guests had a chance to shine. Lauren and Joe were both great as always, and DAG fit into the vibe really well for a first-timer.

"Oh, Alan Thicke, my nemesis." We're gonna need to delve into that one a bit further.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the episode and it was great to get a 1.5+ hour one again, but I just have a small gripe...

A charater named Mr. G appearing within a week of Chris Lilley's new show debuting in the USA and it's not Chris Lilley's Mr. G? That just makes me sad.

i dont usually post on this bord but i must say that forum mentioned on the show today sounds really good, we should get those posters to come here

• Like 2

This episode just progressively got better. I knew I was in for a treat but everyone just got funnier and funnier as it kept going.

The internet bit had me close to tears, and I love how into every got and went along with it.

DAG was spectacular, loved that he could tell really great stories about how he came up on the comedy scene and also be hilarious, and how he made the choice to say he knew who the singer was. And her not being able to get through the song was incredibly charming, loved when the guys started noting it.

Seriously one of the best of the year.

• Like 2

I'm always happy to see Lapkus and Wengert, especially in the same episode.

Sidenote: you really must get Tracy Reardon and Marissa Wompler on another episode together.

• Like 2

"Now, do I think french fries are babies?"

I am pretty sure I peed my pants during this exchange.

YOU OWE ME A NEW PAIR OF PANTS COMEDY BLING RING!

• Like 3

"Now, do I think french fries are babies?"

I am pretty sure I peed my pants during this exchange.

YOU OWE ME A NEW PAIR OF PANTS COMEDY BLING RING!

Mr. G's southern accent and inquisitive personality made me feel like he might be a mellower younger brother of Huell Howser (R.I.P.)

• Like 2

Mr. G's southern accent and inquisitive personality made me feel like he might be a mellower younger brother of Huell Howser (R.I.P.)

I agree, his confusion over the website felt very much like Huell's confusion over things like mirrors, etc..

• Like 1

Yep, definitely a Huelly vibe. I also think his niece may have outsourced the website design to the guy who designed the scary old man's website on The Birthday Boys IFC show.

• Like 1

Thank for you having DAG on the show! I do agree with another poster that he was reigning it in a bit but that's alright. Sometimes a subdued DAG is just as funny if not funnier than his boisterous self. While I wished he'd get all up in the mike, having him play off Lauren Lapkus and Joe Wengert was magic. I've been smitten with the comedy of Lauren for a while, but her singing the AFHVs theme every time slayed me. She's rapidly becoming a Top 3 (def. Top 5) guests on Earwolf.

• Like 2

The part there Lauren tried to help Scott understand Dag's question, while Dag agreed with her but Scott was just trying to answer it, had me in tears. When she finally understood, 'Yes, I'm trying to provide the answer', oh Jesus, the way she starts laughing and apologizes out of character, made me so happy.

Now, suck my anus....please.

• Like 3

Now I know why later incarnations of America's Funniest Home Videos were just called "AFV" because AFHV is really hard to say.

Lauren is my hero.

AFHV is really hard to say.

Regina Crisp can't learn new songs and can't even get all the way through her signature song. These are classic symptoms of adult-onset AFHV.

• Like 1

So, has anyone else had that fucking song stuck in their head for a whole day?

• Like 4

So, has anyone else had that fucking song stuck in their head for a whole day?

And is it breaking up at the same point each time for you too?

• Like 1