🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 259 — Charlotte's Website

I wish, because at least that would make me laugh. Just pure, unadulterated Crimp in my head.

• Like 1

From now on, whenever my DVR records the end of Tosh 2.0 as the beginning of the show I actually want to watch, I won't be able to think of Tosh as anything but a Sag Hag.

I don't know why people trying not to break character, unsuccessfully mind you, is one of the funniest things in the world. I don't know why but it is hilarious.

• Like 4

best episode of 2014 while voting for 2013 is still happening. I love this goddamn show.

• Like 2

Amazing show! Super surprising to hear the legendary David Alan Grier (as he's not one I tend to think of when I think of a "comedy nerd" comedian, y'know?) was the guest, but man was it an awesome surprise! What a great, charming, hilarious guest. And of course, Lauren and Joe are some of my favorites, and their new characters were terrific. Every single person worked well with each other, and that always guarantees a great show. Gonna be voting for this one for NEXT YEAR'S Best Of, Scottle-bot!

Btw, the end of that "Would you Rather?" was pretty legendary. First off, the whole game was great. DAG is probably the best first-time guest I have ever heard, or at least, heard in quite some time. Didn't vote early, kept going along with the premise and asking questions - THAT'S HOW THE GAME IS PLAYED! The part where David and Lauren BOTH got confused over Scott answering (rather than mis-interpreting) the question was hilarious. And the end of the game where Mr. Grier pulls out the win in bizarre fashion? This was an AMAZING CBBWYR any way you look at it! I was laughing so hard :D

Also love how Lauren kept laughing at the stupid America's Funniest Home Videos theme and the excuse that was made up to explain it away :)

Great ep, Scott! Made my day. So much easier to sit at this PC and get work done when I have quality stuff to listen to, and CBB is one of my go-to's for that kinda quality. Mostly because of episodes like this!

• Like 1

Great episode all around, everyone was firing on all cylinders. I kind of wanted to pull on the string a little bit of what Mr. G's niece is doing in the yogurt shop after hours that possibly involves dogs in pantyhose. Maybe I'll just have to go over to the www.cnn.com message boards to find out.

So many things I liked about this episode. DAG was great and showed a real collaborative spirit. I love that he was just so ready and so game for whatever was going on, and tried to connect with the characters.

I also cracked up every single time Lauren started in on "weeee've got laughs from coast to coast" and can totally understand how she just couldn't get through it.

Joe's Mr. G character was also just so charmingly earnest, and hilarious to boot.

Great ep.

This episode had laughs from coast to coast. It made me smile.

• Like 2

I really liked this episode. DAG was a surprisingly great guest for both a first timer and for someone who I've often seen in much broader comedies (Jumanji, McCale's Navy, etc) and I see how impressive he is at rolling with all of the stuff and just being a real funny guy. I also really liked Lauren's Regina Crimp character (I don't have any names in front of me, but did she also do a sketch for the Paul F Tompkins show that was about a commercial for a family fun centre) and Joe's frozen yogurt guy. I hope to see more of both comedians as regulars.

(I don't have any names in front of me, but did she also do a sketch for the Paul F Tompkins show that was about a commercial for a family fun centre)

That was Maya Rudolph.

• Like 1

Yep, definitely a Huelly vibe. I also think his niece may have outsourced the website design to the guy who designed the scary old man's website on The Birthday Boys IFC show.

You mean oldmaninthewoods.com?

• Like 1

Holy crap, this whole episode had me snickering and making inappropriate faces in public.

During Lauren's aborted WYR revolt I laughed so hard that the lady in front of me at the grocery store got startled and turned around staring at me as if I was insane.

Note to self: Must remember to vote for this episode next year when the time comes.