🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
pattywhak12

Snow Dogs (2002)

From the director of The Flintstones films and Jingle All the Way, comes one of the reasons that Cuba Gooding Jr.'s career started to go down the toilet, and probably the last film James Coburn made before he died.

• Like 1

The only thing I can remember about this movie is that CGjr has a white alaskan mountainman for a father and that they both share a love for blue cheese for some reason. This should be made into an episode so I can get some clarity on this memory without having to watch this turd again.

This movie is close to my heart because it was the first movie where I said to myself, "wait a minute, this is absolutely terrible." It was my 10th birthday party. The most memorable moment was definitely when you see Sisqo's crazy, smiling face on the side of a bus as an advertisement. I left the movie scarred, confused, and upset.

Have you ever noticed that starring in a "family" movie is pretty much a death sentence for any actor? If not fatal, then it takes many many years for them to recover.

Jackie Chan: The Spy Next Door

Cuba Gooding Jr: Snow Dogs

Antonio Banderas: Spy Kids

Dwayne Johnson: The Tooth Fairy, Race to Witch Mountain (he just recently started to recover with Fast & the Furious)

Have you ever noticed that starring in a "family" movie is pretty much a death sentence for any actor? If not fatal, then it takes many many years for them to recover.

Jackie Chan: The Spy Next Door

Cuba Gooding Jr: Snow Dogs

Antonio Banderas: Spy Kids

Dwayne Johnson: The Tooth Fairy, Race to Witch Mountain (he just recently started to recover with Fast & the Furious)

Strong strong STRONG disagree on Dwayne Johnson, as those kid movies were some of his more successful films while he was hit and miss with some of the other stuff, and he seems to be a guy that, if he has an unsuccessful outing, no one holds it against him. While I'm not a fan of Tooth Fairy or Game Plan or Journey 2 (which just came out a year or two ago between Fast flicks), I think it's great that Johnson seems to genuinely be having a blast with the material, not acting like he's above it or slumming it, which ultimately has probably expanded his fan base quite a bit.

Also, outside of the Rush Hour movies, Jackie Chan's hardly been a big earner in the U.S., and Spy Next Door didn't do any better or worse or any more damage to his career than the half dozen or so movies before it. I'd also say that Cuba had already been on a bit of a losing streak too, but with Snow Dogs performing better than most.

• Like 2

I feel so upset right now because as a child this was one of my favorite movies and watching the trailer now I'm realizing just how garbage it really is.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2013 at 7:12 PM, cmac94 said:

I feel so upset right now because as a child this was one of my favorite movies and watching the trailer now I'm realizing just how garbage it really is.

I feel the exact same way. I'm no longer upset that my parents gave away my DVD of this

Sign in to follow this