🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 77 — Hudson Hawk

Emily Gordon of The Indoor Kids joins Paul, June, and Jason to discuss Bruce Willis’ cappuccino obsession, Nintendo references, and burglary duets in Hudson Hawk. They cover everything from the candy bar named bad guys to Andie MacDowell being Nundercover. Don’t forget to get tickets for Paul’s Christmas Spectacular and a LIVE Holiday edition of How Did This Get Made? (2nd LATE show added) at Largo in Los Angeles on December 12th & 13th!

Never before have the podcasters been as elated by a joke they have made as I have been to hear it.

Nundercover needs to be more than a film, it needs to be a franchise - an empire.

• Like 8

bahah the Nundercover realization was beyond amazing totally happy Emily was on she is the best!.. really great ep!

• Like 2

I watched some of part one of the Hudson Hawk YouTube video... and it is shocking how many people defend this film in the comments.

and I really hope they actually start writing for Nundercover.

• Like 2

IMDB entry from the near future:

Nundercover (2015)

Director: Justin Lin

With a script based entirely on a pun uttered during a podcast, Nundercover splashes holy water on the box office competition with a combination of intense drama and high-octane action (the last 45 minutes of the film is essentially a single car chase). Following the murder of a local priest (Phillip Seymour Hoffman), Sister Mary Louise must eschew her habit in order to delve deep inside the city's most insidious criminal organization. Untangling the web of deceit and corruption will test her vows- and her sanity. Keep your eyes open for the Whoopi Goldberg cameo.

• Like 6

Eh, Challenger jokes were a staple of the 80's. If anything this movie making the 'we blow up space shuttles for breakfast' joke would be too late, rather than too soon.

Nundercover idea: The undercover nun takes a vow of violence

solid

• Like 2

HIMYM vs HDTGM.

It begins...

• Like 1

I surprised myself with a noise of delight when I saw that Emily was the guest...can't wait to listen to this one

• Like 1

Whoever had the idea to give an '80s pop treatment to June's Second Opinion's theme -- you are a genius!!!

• Like 4

Didn't we all ready have a Nundercover-type movie with the Whoopi Goldberg vehicles Sister Act and Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit?

Didn't we all ready have a Nundercover-type movie with the Whoopi Goldberg vehicles Sister Act and Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit?

If you keep listening they explicitly stated that their idea would have absolutely no similarities to Sister Act 1 or 2.

• Like 3

Can I suggest for Nundercover that Lily Rabe is cast as the titular nun a la American Horror Story: Asylum?

Also I'm so happy that Toys has become the go to movie comparison

• Like 2

So glad they pointed out the Da Vinci/Zouks resemblance.

Side note: is it safe to assume that both of the live episodes will be released? It'd also be nice if Paul's holiday spectacular was recorded and sold on the Earwolf store. (I'm so jealous of any of you in the LA area, but only for the comedy scene -- you can keep the rest.)

• Like 5

So glad they pointed out the Da Vinci/Zouks resemblance.

Side note: is it safe to assume that both of the live episodes will be released? It'd also be nice if Paul's holiday spectacular was recorded and sold on the Earwolf store. (I'm so jealous of any of you in the LA area, but only for the comedy scene -- you can keep the rest.)

I'm going to the first show at Largo on the 13th.

DubipR Confession Time....

I reeeeaaaaallly like this film. It's a total guilt pleasure flick for me; the reasons said on the podcast is why I like it so much...it's so inane and stupid with dialogue and the Looney Tunes type of slapstick. While Daniel Waters co-wrote this, Michael Lehmann (director of Heathers) did this. Going from Heathers and Meet the Applegates to this....whoa. Talk about a radical departure in terms of budget and scope.

Zouks with the Dimello-verse side-by-side call back. I wonder if it was Gretchen or the first one?

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this