🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 77 — Hudson Hawk

For Corrections and Ommissions

No one mentioned that Hudson Hawk was the final film made by Tristar Pictures. From Wikipedia:

"Because Hawk (in conjunction with other unsuccessful films from the same studio) had lost so much money, the Sony Corporation had to salvage TriStar by purchasing its remaining stock, and by reorganizing the company as part of the recently formed Sony Pictures Entertainment. As with United Artists when they were bought out by MGM, Columbia and Tri-Star were allowed to keep their own logos, and to continue making movies under their own names."

• Like 1

Whoever had the idea to give an '80s pop treatment to June's Second Opinion's theme -- you are a genius!!!

Also a big fan of this. Earwolf listeners are literally the best. Never stop guys.

• Like 2

Nundercover would be great in a double feature with Spy Pope, the thriller Paul F. Tompkins pitched to John Lithgow on Doug Loves Movies

"Spy Pope! That’s right, I said Spy Pope. Who would ever suspect the pope of being a spy? Zero people would. He could be taking all kinds of pictures with his hat or whatever. He could be wearing a wire. He’s got all that shit going on, who knows what he’s got in there?" (x)

• Like 5

You guys are killing it in this thread

IMDB entry from the near future:

Nundercover (2015)

Director: Justin Lin

With a script based entirely on a pun uttered during a podcast, Nundercover splashes holy water on the box office competition with a combination of intense drama and high-octane action (the last 45 minutes of the film is essentially a single car chase). Following the murder of a local priest (Phillip Seymour Hoffman), Sister Mary Louise must eschew her habit in order to delve deep inside the city's most insidious criminal organization. Untangling the web of deceit and corruption will test her vows- and her sanity. Keep your eyes open for the Whoopi Goldberg cameo.

If you had proclaimed it "over-long", this would be a perfect synthesis of a Leonard Maltin review.

If the name "Nundercover" has already been used, may I suggest "Undercover Sister"?

The excitement over Nundercover is making me sit through the movie to thoroughly enjoy the podcast. And guys, I think I Love this fucking dum-dum movie. I'm 1/3 in, and Bruce Willis looks like he is enjoying hinself, and I'm obsessed with the Hospital Gurney-on-Highway scene if for no other reason than seeing Bruce shout "TOLL BOOTH?!?"

Three random thoughts for this episode:

1. Jason's use of "colloquialism" during Second Opinions was way more appropriate than Willis's use of "satire" in defending HUDSON HAWK.

2. Jason's callback to side-by-sides (from CBB) was great!

3. I mildly regret not picking up HUDSON HAWK on DVD for 2 bucks at the local Salvation Army store.

• Like 1

I think we need to start a petition to get Bruce Willis to do a sequel to Hudson Hawk.

Anyone else notice that Emily Gordon's Mom's 2 favorite movies are Hudson Hawk and Saving Silverman, both involving a main love interest who is a nun? She will fucking love Nundercover.

• Like 2

I may be in the minority but I though Richard E. Grant, Sandra Bernhard, and David Caruso were fantastic in this movie. They seemed to get what kind of movie and roles they were in and just ran with it. The one thing I would have liked to see was when Caruso got killed all of his cards had things like "Ow" or "Didn't see that one coming." And with how this movie was written, I'm sure there is a deleted scene somewhere with that.

• Like 1

How about calling it Nundercovers instead, and make it a sexy espionage series on the USA Network (à la Silk Stalkings)?

• Like 2

qAhCfRs.jpg

First ever post. I wanted to try my hand at the Nundercover poster. I manipulated some other artist's original content. I love the show, a rabid fan. Hope you guys like the poster. --- Verbz

post-83080-0-61055600-1386135499_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

qAhCfRs.jpg

First ever post. I wanted to try my hand at the Nundercover poster. I manipulated some other artist's original content. I love the show, a rabid fan. Hope you guys like the poster. --- Verbz

Fucking glorious.

• Like 2

Constructive criticism: I'd have spelled 'tons', 'tuns'.

Damn...missed opportunity. Maybe when the script is finished, I'll do some edits and add some new credits & add some flavor.

How about calling it Nundercovers instead, and make it a sexy espionage series on the USA Network (à la Silk Stalkings)?

This + Lily Rabe + Alexandra Breckenridge = Hit Show

In the podcast, they mentioned that Da Vinci wanted to make a machine that turned lead into gold, but it was stated in the beginning that he wanted to turn lead into bronze because he wanted to finish his statue and a war made bronze very difficult to obtain. It was an accident that the machine turned lead into gold and that would be why Da Vinci dismantled the machine and broke the crystal in pieces.

This is even weirder than changing lead into gold because bronze is not a pure metal, it's an alloy, usually copper and tin. Basically, Da Vinci's plan would have been to use a crystal to transform one element into two elements with the right proportion.

I'm not good with Renaissance warfare, but wouldn't lead be as difficult to obtain as bronze during wartime? Da Vinci lived in 15th-16th century. they already had cannons and probably early muskets around that time, no?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this