🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 53 — Parn's Village

Soon after receiving a message from the mysterious young boy known as Parn, the gang follows him to his village where they hope to find supplies for their long journey to Glinishmore.

Wow. Depressing. And Comedy Gold!

"So the kid was a liar, so it's a good thing that he died." Hah, that was excellent way to rationalized their deaths. Good riddance to them lying kids. One of my favorite lines from this episode.

• Like 1

I am really enjoying the more classic tone of this world. Sark managed to make things more grounded while keeping the exisiting thread going. And Gerry's trash talk was the highlight, fuck that Lifeboat-ass necrocoward.

• Like 5

I really really hope 'lifeboat' catches on, because I think it's the funniest damn thing

• Like 1

This episode puts the Death-of-Santa reminiscing in a whole new perspective. I always imagined it in a cartoonish, Futurama, kind of way but I'm gonna guess it was much darker than that now.

Awesome show. I listened to it while working and found myself snapping back to reality multiple times, after visualizing the gruesome scenes described so eloquently by Sark. Really toying with everyone's emotions with this one.

• Like 1

Great episode as always. I think I have a better idea of what the old man is doing and why the gods (or at least Bahamut) are helping our heroes. It seems like "Lifeboat" is trying to become a deity himself by abducting and replacing all females in the universe with clones that he has absolute power over. The cloned females then give birth to children that he can control.

One thing I don't get is that it seems like the destruction of the tower/spaceship (flying into the sun) would release them from his power. That's sort of what happened to Mildred when Stargoyle sucked up her soul fragment and she was released.

• Like 3

by the way ... i want to mention that it was a real joy to look up pictures of john candy... if you are having a bad day, look up pictures of john candy and your Joie de vivre will be restored

• Like 4

Wow, that was some dark shit this episode. For some reason, I was thinking of a weird Wicker Man craziness to it all...the whole possession and mass killing. Some dark ass stuff, Sark.

Two things that got me laughing:

1. Brian's Amarth Star Wars masterbation reference- I near shorted out my screens at work. That was brilliant

2. Blaine's throw away line that not everyone caught- "Hey we found your Parn stash" So subtle in the background amongst the craziness of everyone talking.

• Like 5

Great episode.

I love how Sir Richard keeps trying to challenge the Nercomancer.

As a Mage you never accept those...

He was a Liar, its a good thing he died.. hahaha classic

But also.... dudes really? were going to give casters the shaft?

Common guys... If your going to have casters do it right....

Spell list, spells prepaired. CASTING TIME!!! Round segments. And Rounds..... two differant things.

Great job Brian on the Rolepalying.

(secretly i wanted all the women and children to attack the group....yeah take that paladin.... Punch blackie will you.......)

• Like 1

Damien looking at the scene while relearning his spell. I know it's not entirely accurate to the staging, but this looked neat. Drag the jpeg to the address bar to view a bigger version. :)

Fantastic storytelling in this one. Great job by Sark.

khZvizR.jpg

• Like 12

no lou reed... but piscapo would have been hilarious

That makes so much more sense. Thank you.

Wow, that was some dark shit this episode. For some reason, I was thinking of a weird Wicker Man craziness to it all...the whole possession and mass killing. Some dark ass stuff, Sark.

Two things that got me laughing:

1. Brian's Amarth Star Wars masterbation reference- I near shorted out my screens at work. That was brilliant

2. Blaine's throw away line that not everyone caught- "Hey we found your Parn stash" So subtle in the background amongst the craziness of everyone talking.

I completely missed that gold.

Damien looking at the scene while relearning his spell. I know it's not entirely accurate to the staging, but this looked neat. Drag the jpeg to the address bar to view a bigger version. :)/>/>

Fantastic storytelling in this one. Great job by Sark.

khZvizR.jpg

Gustaf, if you keep this up, you're going to end up with a weekly paid gig to create scenario artwork and environmentals for the show. Really great work and style.

• Like 1

Great episode as always. I think I have a better idea of what the old man is doing and why the gods (or at least Bahamut) are helping our heroes. It seems like "Lifeboat" is trying to become a deity himself by abducting and replacing all females in the universe with clones that he has absolute power over. The cloned females then give birth to children that he can control.

One thing I don't get is that it seems like the destruction of the tower/spaceship (flying into the sun) would release them from his power. That's sort of what happened to Mildred when Stargoyle sucked up her soul fragment and she was released.

One of the (admittedly few) things we know about the necromancer is that he's got a prideful streak as wide as the day is long. It absolutely feels in character for him to trash a ship to try and kill the party in the most spectacular possible way. Before they were just a thorn in his side, but he's now actively sabotaging his own plans just to fuck with the party.

Not only is he crazypants bananas, but he is not the sort of person to eliminate rivals quietly. He wants to see them suffer, no matter the cost to him (Did I mention the pride thing? he sees them as a delay, an annoyance at best. Not a serious threat, something to be toyed with and disposed of, because he thinks his victory is inevitable.)

• Like 1

Great job Sark! Loved the "Oh no"-cry of Sarah ;) (and how pissed she was.... I can completely understand why).

Fantastic role playing from everybody!

Btw. Sark there are only 2 authors I had this holy shit moment: George RR Martin and Dan Simmons.