🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ben.avila

YEEZUS is THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR!

YEEZUS is the ALBUM of THE YEAR. I am open to debating that I am 100 correct. Yesterday during the youtube I4h, Besser had the gall to call Yeezus mediocre. Of all people, Besser should like the album the most because I4H is the Yeezus of podcasts making Besser the Kanye West of podcasts.

1.) Besser complained about the AV club not appreciating I4h. Kanye stated that people(media) are trying to minimize the influence of Yeezus the album and tour .

2.) Besser like Kanye want more than the success they've already achieved. Besser stating that corporations (EARWOLF) doesn't advertise his show and people aren't buying his standup albums. Kanye that corporations don't give him access to create bigger and better ideas, and pigeon hole him to an urban market.

3.) Besser like Kanye just had a new born thus giving them extra motivation and drive to be vocal about their dissatisfaction about their current place in their perspective mediums. Both married to actresses.

4. Besser like Kanye is respected by his peers but disrespected by the "man" by lack of opportunities to spread their genius on bigger and bigger platforms.

5. I4h like Yeezus is a first of its kind in their genres. Just like Yeezus it takes a few listens of I4h to appreciate how fucking awesome it is. The cyborgs episode is what got me hooked.

No album had a bigger impact with its presentation of experimental new sound and packaging even with the lack of marketing and radio singles. Its impact showed in that someone as "nerdy" as paul rust listens to it and someone as old and presumably out of the loop as Conroy and Billy recognize the album and follow news about it. No one had on the I4h panel had bought anything new but all of them knew about the new kanye west album, Yeezus.

No album had a bigger impact with its presentation of experimental new sound and packaging even with the lack of marketing and radio singles.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Just stop.

• Like 1

Then Besser says that Jason isbell has the best album is the biggest horseshit statement...jason isbell another fucking white guy on an acoustic guitar regurgitating his impersonation of johnny cash...ohh shit your so cool you drink jack daniels and you smoke and singing existential sad songs and wear black on black shirt and jacket...20q-jasonisbell-splsh.jpg

yeah kanye even impacted and has influenced this fucking guy who i had to google.

YEEZUS! I WIN!!!!!!!!!!

I think a lot of people saw Yeezus as a step down from My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which is probably the best rap album of our generation. Not that Yeezus isn't great, but anyway Matt's point is that it's irritating when these huge artists automatically top these "best of" lists when smaller artists that are trying to do cool new things get no recognition.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, which is probably the best rap album of our generation

nah

it was better than yeezus tho

• Like 1

Is Kim Kardashian an actress now? What is the world coming to? (Not Kim Kardashian anymore it seems)

nah

it was better than yeezus tho

What was better? Good kid MAAD city, maybe but that's about it.

Yeezus is a pretty obvious rip-off of the Death Grips sound masquerading as Kanye being 'experimental'. He did not create this sound, and had hardly a hand in the production, either. Death Grips' "Government Plates" album from last month (released for free, BTW) is light years ahead of Yeezus in terms of new, dark sounding stuff. They beat Kanye at his own game of ripping them off by upstaging him with a newer-sounding album for the end of this year.

Plus the "rapping" (if you can call it that) on Yeezus is terrible, and the lyrics sound like they were written by a 12-year-old.

Kanye is a narcissistic douchebag with possible other mental disorders, who creates mediocre music AT BEST. He's really pulled one over on everybody with this Yeezus crap. There are a hundred better albums that came out this year.

you could have the sickest beats known to man handed down from the rap god on high but if you just get a random guy off the streets to rap 'one fish two fish red fish blue fish' over them between bites of a peanut butter sandwich it can only ever reach 'good but shame about the guy rapping' status

kanye would not be a famous rapper at all based only on his own skills as a rapper or lyricist, so to say GREATEST ALBUM OF OUR GENERATION is ridiculous hyperbole

i cant think of an album i would push forward witht hat level of hype but luckily i dont have to since i wasnt staking outrageous claims

dang dude you got me realposting i hope your happy

• Like 2

also i give zero shits about kanye's 'arrogance', rap is one of the toughest games to get in to and if you dont believe you're one of the greatest you wont have the drive to eat all the shit you will be given on the way to making it

i just wish kanye would be a producer instead of a rapper and make sincerely great music with people with the skills he is missing

• Like 2

What you fail to understand is that YEEZUS perfectly describes the current social climate! There's no other album doing that currently. Thats why it should be album of the year. Its imperfections, distorted sounds, random sounds is what makes it so good. The sound describes how we are overloaded with useless information that distorts and frustrates to the point of just screaming in the middle of a song.

Just take the song "I am a God", this song describes perfectly how every person thinks they're god. Every person you know has probably said "all my haters" or "fuck the haters", when that same person ain't shit but a speck of dust that changes nothing but still believes to have haters. Everyone has twitter, instagram, blah blah blah to show their "godly" opinion or show their "riches" or "artistic photographic endeavors". People have turned themselves into god in their own head with their "followers".

That song by itself sums up the current piece of shit social climate.

that is a very cynical stance you're taking ironically

in other news the av club did a feature of the best foods of the year. the olive garden won best italian restaurant, hershey chocolate won the best candy bar, and vanilla won the best ice cream flavor

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this