🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 261 — Nubile Agape

Ku-ku, Shelby - I love you guys. 'Specially Shelby, for that one time on that live ep of The Fogelnest Files where she got to Jake with a simple, pointed comment: "Wait - who are the Beastie Boys?" (lol). Use your age as a weapon, girl! But holy crap, Horatio Sanz makes me lose it constantly. The Pringles Can Urn? "Of course the label's still on it. Well, we don't want robbers to steal our parents" - I was dying!

And Scott, you're always a great host. "What about you? Want a car, Brett?"... "Oh yeah I bought that car for her" lol.

This episode was too funny. Must keep track of this one; it's "Best of 2014" material for sure. Brilliant show, guys & gals!

I did not know you could ask Scott anything during a game of WYR?

I wish that Aaron Neville thought to ask a follow-up to that question about the Draculas & the Daywalkers. Y'know, callback to the question about getting a mixed-race child if you shoot a bullet through a white man's dick AND a black man's dick and it goes into a women? If Daywalkers are born of Vampire fathers & Human Mothers, and you shoot her, but first the bullet goes through a vampire's dick, and a black and white dude's dick, do you end up with a mixed race vampire or is there some other rule and you end up with a monster if there's too many sperm battling it out on that thing? What if Superman shoots a load through several other men & vampires and the whole disgusting glob ends up in a woman - would it yield a superpowered, mixed race vampire baby, or just still kill her, as we all presume Supes' sperm would do? There are so many questions....

God, Scott - you need to share your gift with humanity!

• Like 2

I wish that Aaron Neville thought to ask a follow-up to that question about the Draculas & the Daywalkers.

What is it about people referring to vampires as 'Draculas' that is so funny? As soon as Aaron said 'Draculas' I had to pause because I was already laughing too hard.

What is it about people referring to vampires as 'Draculas' that is so funny? As soon as Aaron said 'Draculas' I had to pause because I was already laughing too hard.

I think the humor in calling vampires Draculas is based in the concept of genericized trademarks (zippers, xerox, elevator, thermos, etc), except that when it comes to works of literature and in this instance Dracula, the most famous of vampires, everyone knows he is a VAMPIRE and his name is DRACULA, but it has become fashionable and funny to refer to vampires as Draculas, like the term has become generic (which is debatable, as I would bet most people, when pressed could tell you that Dracula is a VAMPIRE, but the way time and language go hand in hand, I wouldn't be surprised if in a generation or two vampires started getting regularly, non-jokingly referred to as Draculas).

Anyway! Ask a question about silliness, get a dead-serious answer!

• Like 3

I think the humor in calling vampires Draculas is based in the concept of genericized trademarks (zippers, xerox, elevator, thermos, etc), except that when it comes to works of literature and in this instance Dracula, the most famous of vampires, everyone knows he is a VAMPIRE and his name is DRACULA, but it has become fashionable and funny to refer to vampires as Draculas, like the term has become generic (which is debatable, as I would bet most people, when pressed could tell you that Dracula is a VAMPIRE, but the way time and language go hand in hand, I wouldn't be surprised if in a generation or two vampires started getting regularly, non-jokingly referred to as Draculas).

JESUS! That made me laugh harder than anything else this week. Not sure you meant it to be funny, but God that made me laugh.

Just to add to this, I think it was Dan Harmon in a Community commentary who said he noticed that a lot of black people would call vampires 'Draculas'.

• Like 1

I know it was a joke, and I'm sure she deserves all her success, but I did start to resent Shelby. I just turned 26 and have written more than zero screenplays and would kill to be in the WGA. Going through a bit of a quarter-life-crisis over here, and it made me a little bitter. But hey, not her fault. I'm sure she's great. *through gritted teeth*

It's probably more of a 1/3 life crisis, statistically speaking :(

• Like 2

Shelby needs to meet with the Womps and give that eternal teenager some life advice and possibly become her life coach.

• Like 1

Couldn't help noticing that this episode was one of the best ever.

• Like 3

Shelby needs to meet with the Womps and give that eternal teenager some life advice and possibly become her life coach.

Shelby with Womps and Gino, dream episode. Podcast Silence

• Like 1