🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 261 — Nubile Agape

I really enjoyed the vibe of this episode, "suffra-get city" was probably the biggest laugh for me. I'll be honest I did not get the Mcdlt (?) reference either, some kind of Mcdonalds item?

• Like 1

I've now heard Shelby on Analyze Fish, The Fogelnest Files and Comedy Bang Bang. So.....her whole shtick is that she's young and doesn't know about a lot of things that older people know about? That's fun. :) El Chupacabra: "Sarcasm!"

I don't want to be negative or pile on, but I echo what you said.

-----

Also Scott, sorry to burst the bit, but meatus is pronounced me-8-iss.

My Aaron Neville impression was always just an impression of Horatio's impression.

The chemistry between a somewhat naive Fero and Saucerman is great. "When you're writing your screenplays, are you writing every take that the actors do?"

• Like 3

new favorite picture of my favorite power couple

30lpjxc.jpg

• Like 7

"The gift of my meatus" got me so bad, I couldn't stop laughing for a good 5 minutes. I really loved this episode, every guest was amazing in his or her own way.

By the way, is anyone else really excited at the prospect of Scott and Kuku having a baby? Or am I just a lunatic?

By the way, is anyone else really excited at the prospect of Scott and Kuku having a baby? Or am I just a lunatic?

Nah, it's perfectly normal for one to be happy for other's happiness. Their baby will grow up and have huge... improv skills.

Plus it will make for a hilarious run of Whooch with Kremer trying to wrap his mind around pregnancy.

• Like 5

Well, I guess "That was a delightful episode and I don't see how anybody could possibly not like it" is a thought I'll never have again.

Four very funny people, great chemistry, tons of laughs.

• Like 6

Aaron Neville is like the absolute perfect character for Horatio Sanz, and I have no idea why.

HBO showed all of Treme s3 a couple weeks ago in the runup to s4 and the Neville Bros were in one episode. When Aaron Neville was singing all I could think of was Horatio's impression (he did it on SNL at least once) and how great it is. Then of course I was surprised and delighted to hear him today, in all his cocoa buttery goodness.

• Like 2

Aaron Neville is like the absolute perfect character for Horatio Sanz, and I have no idea why.

probably because they're both minorities

Fun episode of Bing Bong Comedy. Kulap was delightful (makes me think I should listen to Who Charted?), and to me this is definitely Horatio's best appearance so far. I especially liked Aaron Neville asking two unrelated questions during WYR, the only two he cared about. And what a run CBB (Comedy Bing Bong) has had lately with the tremendous musical talent - Regina Crisp, Victor Diamond, Aaron Neville. Most wonderful time of the year indeed.

• Like 1

Shelby was hilarious. Loved her. She was aces as a first time guest, especially towards the end, "Why did I ever agree to do this?"

Hot Sauce: "People loved being on Schindler's List"

Shelboy: "The one good list in history."

• Like 3

I thought Shelby was 30. Is it weird that I think she's cute now that I know she's only 20? I'm a real Aukerman.

• Like 5

"I don't know much. But I know I love you-ou-ou"

"Oh, now I know who he is."

That quick exchange got a laugh out of me.

• Like 2

Wrong. His former girlfriend, whom he married.

His former future wife!

Hi, I'm Tommy Wiseau.

• Like 2

I know it was a joke, and I'm sure she deserves all her success, but I did start to resent Shelby. I just turned 26 and have written more than zero screenplays and would kill to be in the WGA. Going through a bit of a quarter-life-crisis over here, and it made me a little bitter. But hey, not her fault. I'm sure she's great. *through gritted teeth*

I've now heard Shelby on Analyze Fish, The Fogelnest Files and Comedy Bang Bang. So.....her whole shtick is that she's young and doesn't know about a lot of things that older people know about? That's fun. :) El Chupacabra: "Sarcasm!"

I get why you feel that way, because going into this episode I had the same fear. I really disliked her on that AF episode, so I was hesitant. But she seemed to be a bit more understanding of how she sounds in this one and Scott was the perfect foil for her. This time it felt less like she was trying to make people feel silly for being older, and more like she felt silly for not knowing more. It worked and I laughed pretty hard at all of their exchanges. I think maybe the earlier stuff was just her trying to find her voice and now I think she's got it.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I mean good on her for her success, but I'm just wondering how she gets in the same room as top-tier comedians like PFT on Analyze Fish and Horatio Sanz on this show. She has a shit ton of potential but it just seems a bit premature in my opinion.

But then again, Scott is successful and chose to have her on the show meanwhile I am sitting in a cubicle commenting on others success. /end discussion.