🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 77.5 — Minisode 77.5

I think she ended up wanting to keep the baby, because she says at the end in the hospital something about when she was standing in the ocean and felt him kick it was like a sign. (Gawd, you guys, this movie is dark.)

Was I hallucinating at this point, or did Britney Spears come back after talking to her mother to the hotel where everyone else was staying, and she was soaking wet as if she had walked for miles in the rain? Because Ben walks into the bathroom to bring her dry clothes, right? BUT WHERE DID THE RAIN COME FROM? THEY WERE IN ARIZONA!

Was I hallucinating at this point, or did Britney Spears come back after talking to her mother to the hotel where everyone else was staying, and she was soaking wet as if she had walked for miles in the rain? Because Ben walks into the bathroom to bring her dry clothes, right? BUT WHERE DID THE RAIN COME FROM? THEY WERE IN ARIZONA!

Well that part did make sense. Before Brit Brit walked into the hotel room, there was an exterior shot of the hotel and it was definitely raining.

Well that part did make sense. Before Brit Brit walked into the hotel room, there was an exterior shot of the hotel and it was definitely raining.

Ah, I missed the exterior shot. But that's my point. IT WAS POURING RAIN IN ARIZONA. I mean, I know it happens, but it's like the rain in The Glimmer Man. They wanted a shot of Brit Brit walking in to the hotel room soaked through, location be damned.

There are many more bizarre things that happen in this movie, like when they get from rural Louisiana to New Orleans somehow despite having no money, but the Arizona downpour was weird.

We need to talk about Blue Bottled Beer, Anson Mount's rampant sexism, rapey guy from the Karaoke Bar, the idea that Dan Aykroyd and Kim Cattrall hooked up, Zoe Saldana's entire storyline, and the creation of I'm Not a Girl (Not Yet a Woman).

This is a great point. How on earth did her parents get together? I mean, he is a Navy man, maybe that helped.

Somehow I'm imagining a scenario similar to the one Mimi faced, except that Brit Brit's dad seems way too square and decent for that. Is this movie actually a compare/contrast between Mimi's acceptance of her pregnancy and her child and Kim Catrall's rejection of her offspring? Wow, this is deep.

What about the rampant sexism? I must have missed this (obviously because I am a huge sexist).

I did think, when Ben made them stop the car and got out and was flipping out in the desert by himself with Taryn, Zoe and Brit Brit looking on, "oh, he's mentally ill and he was in a massive schizoid episode when he killed that man. The girls should flee immediately before he has another psychotic break."

Also, that shot/reverse shot where Blue Bottled Beer says, "Sorry I'm a cheating rapist" and Zoe Saldana starts to freak out, and then it cuts back to him and he just takes a drink like he's in a Fast & Furious movie. That's good filmmaking right there.

A buddy of mine worked on Crossroads. He also commented on the lack of Britney singing in the movie. He does post-production and visual effects work. (He's also worked on good movies but this was a between-jobs job)

Not sure if there's a point to this but I remember my buddy telling me it was his job to check for nipples during post. He was in charge of erasing/obscuring any hard nipples or nudie-bits. Evidently there were a number of wardrobe malfunctions during the shooting of Crossroads. Might have improved the ratings if they left them in there?

Oh... one of his first mainstream gigs was being in charge of bubble-butt reductions for Jennifer Lopez in The Cell.

Virtual plastic surgery is a big part of movie making. I guess all the actual plastic surgery isn't enough.

• Like 1

I think she ended up wanting to keep the baby, because she says at the end in the hospital something about when she was standing in the ocean and felt him kick it was like a sign. (Gawd, you guys, this movie is dark.)

No no, I got THAT. What I'm asking is what Mimi's PLAN was? Did she honest to god want to be a singer, or did she trick Lucy and Kit to go with her knowing that she was going to meet parents. I know she changes her mind, but she does talk about talking to lawyers and seeing pictures and parents, which I thought meant THAT was why she wanted to go.

No no, I got THAT. What I'm asking is what Mimi's PLAN was?

Sorry, I should have just said "I have no frakking idea". I think 'plan' is probably a strong word for most of what happens in this movie.

I also think you may have brought up the one believable thing about this movie, which is that its central conceit is that a bunch of friends who have just graduated from high school take off on a really, truly ill-advised cross-country trip with no plan and no money with a dude who as far as they know may be a convicted murderer.

I'm not saying I did almost exactly that, but I'm also NOT not saying it.

This week Jack Frost and Deck the Halls are on Free to Air tv in Australia, also Jingle All The Way! And on free to air in the last 3 months; Croc Dundee 3, Burlesque, Old Dogs, All About Steve, Fast Five, The Tourist, Green Lantern, Skyline, Superman 3, Catwoman, Abduction, Godzilla, Congo, Jaws4, The Devil's Advocate, From Justin to Kelly, Demolition Man, Sharknado, Congo And Halloween 3.

Now is this a coincidence? is Australian free to air tv this shit?? Or is there a HDTGM fan in programming?

Sign in to follow this