🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 77.5 — Minisode 77.5

The script for this movie was written by Shonda Rhimes, who would later go on to create "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal"!

Alright, so we are for sure watching the family Michael Keaton Jack Frost and not the horror movie? It's all so confusing! Both seem like good choices for bad movies!

Alright, so we are for sure watching the family Michael Keaton Jack Frost and not the horror movie? It's all so confusing! Both seem like good choices for bad movies!

The Keaton version was the one leading on FYI.

The Keaton version was the one leading on FYI.

i am too confused.. what versions are the other two movies, Deck The Halls and Jack Frost!

I want to set my pvr to record them so I can enjoy the show, not have to buy them on craptunes.

Well both versions of Jack Frost are available on Netflix Instant if you have that. I do think Mr. Paul Scheer said Michael Keaton so that'll be the one I watch.

Well both versions of Jack Frost are available on Netflix Instant if you have that. I do think Mr. Paul Scheer said Michael Keaton so that'll be the one I watch.

Ok Thanks ben, I've got that version and the other version I found set to record. Netflix isn't the same in canada, it's sucks. you have to use a proxy to get the us version and that's extra money so it's pointless if you already are buying cable already. same group of movies show up on tv.

deck the halls, I think this is the version they are doing.

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ok Thanks ben, I've got that version and the other version I found set to record. Netflix isn't the same in canada, it's sucks. you have to use a proxy to get the us version and that's extra money so it's pointless if you already are buying cable already. same group of movies show up on tv.

deck the halls, I think this is the version they are doing.

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Damn dude, that's fucked up.

Honestly I wish it was the serial killer Jack Frost. Not tremendously looking forward to watching the family story. Good luck with your Canada problems!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

tumblr_lsv0wzUBou1r3ty02o1_500.gif

I'm from Louisiana and noticed her shirt...

Southern University (Jaguars) is an all black school...is that part of the plot or did the prop guys not do basic research to grab an LSU shirt?

I'm from Louisiana and noticed her shirt...

Southern University (Jaguars) is an all black school...is that part of the plot or did the prop guys not do basic research to grab an LSU shirt?

Hey, Brit Brit don't see color! She wears what she wants!

Yeah, the only reason I thought they might break from that is to get them out before Christmas. I figured one of them would just be episode 78.

Yeah, the only reason I thought they might break from that is to get them out before Christmas. I figured one of them would just be episode 78.

Do you think maybe they are putting some in the can to keep on schedule while people take Christmas breaks?

Sure, that makes sense. But, unless it's too hard to record a live episode on a Friday and post it the following Tuesday, it would seem to make more sense to release a Christmas movie episode before Christmas, then Crossroads later.

For anyone interested in seeing the Jack Frost they'll be covering in the live show, it'll be broadcast on AMC this Sunday at 7e/6c.

Nice to see that AMC is keeping up their tradition of great Sunday night programming.

• Like 1

Sharknado was right after a movie episode.

Mantzoukas may like it since Paul said its dark.

In the "Crossroads" trailer, did you notice that the movie-voice guy did not really commit to recommending the movie? What he said was, "This February, take a chance." That seems like a pretty weak sales pitch. My reaction was, "No. Frankly, I don't like my odds."

• Like 1

Can Jason's promise to get Justin Long to come on for this episode come true?

This episode might too bonkers for words. I told my girlfriend about this podcast, and how it's my favorite and I listen to it at work and she doesn't listen to any podcast or whatever but when I told them it was Crossroads she lost her goddamn mind.

I never seen this movie, OH BOY. What am I in for?

I just noticed that this was listed in Google Play as a comedy. A comedy in which [spoilerS] Mimi is pregnant and reveals halfway through that she was raped, then at the end falls down the stairs and her baby dies; the rapist is revealed to be Kit's fiance; and Lucy's mother tells Lucy that she was a mistake. I wrote down in my notes "This movie is filled with pain. There is so much darkness."

Also, Dan Akroyd was approaching his role in this movie with his A-game:

Dan Aykroyd created a detailed back-story for his character and his life in the navy. He even had a friend draw a navy tattoo on his arm (which can be seen in the scene where he is working on the car in the garage). http://www.imdb.com/...?item=tr0693291

Talk about an unwarranted level of effort.

The IMDB trivia page also throws up this gem:

Anson Mount was originally reluctant to play Ben, but was encouraged by Robert De Niro, with whom he was working at the time on City by the Sea (2002), who turned out to be a huge Spears fan. They went over scenes on break from "Sea", with Mount reading his role and De Niro reading Britney's. http://www.imdb.com/...?item=tr0717135

I do not believe this for half a second but I absolutely want to live in a world where Robert De Niro was reading Britney Spears' part to this dude.

• Like 2

A comedy in which [spoilerS] Mimi is pregnant and reveals halfway through that she was raped, then at the end falls down the stairs and her baby dies; the rapist is revealed to be Kit's fiance;

Also he's apparently the only person ever to drink beer out of a blue bottle, and they couldn't trust that him being a rapist is enough to make his character hateable, so they have to make sure when Kit gets there he's cheating on her blatantly too.

Also they're 18 and she's in a long term long distance relationship and is going to be marrying this guy who over the phone isn't exactly seeming gung-ho on the idea, or that they know or care about each other at all...and we're supposed to be sad it doesn't work out for her?

Any chance for special guest Chris Crocker?

• Like 1

Wow. Oh wow, I just rewatched this. How did I not catch Mimi's ex's asking her "How's the fetus?"

We need to talk about Blue Bottled Beer, Anson Mount's rampant sexism, rapey guy from the Karaoke Bar, the idea that Dan Aykroyd and Kim Cattrall hooked up, Zoe Saldana's entire storyline, and the creation of I'm Not a Girl (Not Yet a Woman).

Also just re-watched his, and something I forgot about is the great outfits.

Like Mimi's shirt which says Mimi on it (gee, where have we seen something like that before?)

23vndrm.jpg

The guy's murderhobo-chiq outfit he changes into whenever driving.

And also their skanky outfits at the karaoke bar, and how she felt the best thing to wear when auditioning for some record company (or some contest, or something) was something she borrowed from Card Captors;

29e2dn6.jpg

• Like 1

Guys, this is a serious question. Did Mimi really go to California to become a singer, or to meet parents to adopt her baby. Because even though she already knew she wanted to give the baby up, she attempted to be the lead of the karaoke group, which tells me she still had singing dreams, but then we end with BRITNEY singing at the audition. Why did Mimi, or hell, ANY OF THEM need to go to California.

Sign in to follow this