🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

The year is 2008. DVD's have been ubiquitous for years. Enter Be Kind Rewind; a movie focused on what would happen if all the VHS tapes in a video rental store got erased by crazy person. Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover and even Sigourney Weaver come together for this bonkers film.

See the Trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/rg/s/4/title/tt0799934/?ref_=ext_shr_eml_vi#lb-vi3669033241

That Michel Gondry, what a crazy guy, with his crazy films.

But seriously -- if anything, Green Hornet is worth discussion. What a piece of junk.

• Like 3

Although in truth, it's a bad movie, I actually enjoy Be Kind Rewind. It is cute and other than the awful electrocution scene, it is sweet how the community comes together. It is a movie that I have no shame in liking, since it is very enjoyable

this movie was pretty disappointing but i still liked it. the better mos def choice for this show is def 16 blocks tho pete holmes already kind of did that in 88 minutes when he got them confused

It's not a great movie, but I like it better than most. Mos Def does a great acting job and Black's performance is toned down in the first half in a way that I really like, particularly his quiet insistence on the lyrics of Ghostbusters.

I liked this movie too. It wasn't perfect by any means, but I still thought it was quirky and I thought Mos Def and JB worked well together.

I have a feeling although Green Hornet needs to be torn apart, it won't, since Dirty Randy likes to show up on The League every once in a while. Paranoia will destroya...

I have a feeling although Green Hornet needs to be torn apart, it won't, since Dirty Randy likes to show up on The League every once in a while. Paranoia will destroya...

Good point, although I don't think any fault of Green Hornet lies on Seth Rogan; he was just simply miscast. Nobody was really clamoring for a Green Hornet movie, it was a cheap attempt to ride the coattails of superhero blockbusters. The studio was confused as hell as to what to do with the thing and put the wrong people in every creative position. Everyone involved is unquestionably talented but just not in the right role -- Michel Gondry would be far down on my list of directors I'd expect to do a proper action movie.

Regarding Be Kind Rewind, the problem is really the film is built around these cute bits that should have been a web series on Funny Or Die or something. The little movies are charming and funny but they're tied together in a pretty conventional and sentimental manner; there's no actual character development, plot turns or twists, and very little drama.

Good point, although I don't think any fault of Green Hornet lies on Seth Rogan; he was just simply miscast. Nobody was really clamoring for a Green Hornet movie, it was a cheap attempt to ride the coattails of superhero blockbusters. The studio was confused as hell as to what to do with the thing and put the wrong people in every creative position. Everyone involved is unquestionably talented but just not in the right role -- Michel Gondry would be far down on my list of directors I'd expect to do a proper action movie.

Regarding Be Kind Rewind, the problem is really the film is built around these cute bits that should have been a web series on Funny Or Die or something. The little movies are charming and funny but they're tied together in a pretty conventional and sentimental manner; there's no actual character development, plot turns or twists, and very little drama.

Rogen wrote Green Hornet too though... Gondry did it for the $$$, because of his visual style I think he could make a great action movie if given the right amount of control.

I love Be Kind Rewind. It was marketed as a wacky comedy, but it wasn't that at all. Not amazing, but had a great vibe and some great parts.

Rogan has straight up called Green Hornet a piece of shit, so I dont think he'd be averse to trashing it on the show.