🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JDLP

Tommy (1975)

Ken Russel's interpretation of The Who's classic rock opera is completely indulgent and insane, filled from top to bottom every piece of symbolism Ken could fit into any given frame. As the lead Roger Daltry stares his way through most of the movie. Other members of The Who show up as well, notably Keith Moon as creepy Uncle Ernie. Eric Clapton, Tina Turner, and Elton John make appearances as well, along with singing as good as you would expect it to be from Jack Nicholson and a super scummy Oliver Reed. The highlight though of course is Ann-Margaret dry-humping a hot dog pillow while a room gets filled with baked beans:

• Like 1

Fair suggestion, though I propose bringing Jake Fogelnest back for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which is actually streaming on Netflix now. The gang seems to like musicals, and Sgt. Peppers is way more bonkers than the intentionally over-the-top Tommy. Most rock operas are meant to be silly spectacles but the very idea of The Bee Gees making a movie out of a much loved Beatles album is crazytown.

Speaking of bring a guest back -- has there ever been a repeat appearance by anyone on HDTGM? Is that a rule or something? I feel like PFT should grace us again since The Smurfs was pulled.

• Like 1

I remember this being late one night few years ago and my Dad saying 'you like Rocky Horror and glam rock. I bet you would enjoy this.' So I recorded it. BIG MISTAKE, Spent the whole time thinking 'what is happening?'

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this