Sign in to follow this  
PuncturedJesus

Jobs that allow you to listen to podcasts

I need to find a new job but I'd really like to find another one that would allow me to listen to podcasts as I work. Anyone have any recommendations?

Most people I know who listen at work are either artists or designers, so their work environment is fairly loose and also visually focused, or they have cubicle drone jobs and they have the brainpower to multitask.

Security guard is a good choice, especially if you're "guarding" empty buildings at nights or weekends. This is how I got obsessed with podcasts back in 2005.

• Like 1

I work in IT, but we have branch offices within driving distance so I will always throw on some CBB or another podcast when I have to drive to those places.

I don't hurry.

I am a financial analyst and you can listen most of the time. You just need to make sure you can hear the phone when it rings.

I worked in data entry for a while that let me listen to music/podcasts all day. Podcasts made my job seem not so terrible.

Staying on topic, I want to listen to cat matters but I cannot find it anywhere on the iTunes.

Am I an idiot? What should I be searching for?

Last year I had a job scanning kids art into a computer so they could be turned into Christmas cards and I was able to listen to anything I wanted for 8 hours a day. Heaven.

Interstellar Astronaut. There's a lot of downtime in long distance travel and jobs don't get much more distancer.