🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 000 — The Teaser Episode

Welcome to the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project explainer, introduction, and teaser episode with Earwolf producer Matt Gourley (Superego) and Andy Daly (the upcoming Comedy Central series Review). Special guest/podcast King Scott Aukerman joins Andy & Matt to discuss the premise of the podcast and some of the submitted podcast pilots whose hosts have oddly enough taken advantage of the open door policy on Comedy Bang! Bang!

• Like 1

This is going to be so good, you guys. So good. I am dying over here. Between Nine Sweaters, every single Comedy Death Ray Radio appearance, every Comedy Bang Bang appearance (the podcast, the CBBLive 2012 & 2013 tours, and the TV show), and the smattering of appearances on SuperEGO, Andy Daly is about to achieve critical mass wherein I will begin grinning so widely that the top of my head will fall off, leaving only a neck stump, a bottom jaw, and a tongue violently flailing around. And oh my god, you guys, it's going to be making the most disturbing sounds of what one will think is supposed to be mirthful joy, but it will be so off-putting. So insanely off-putting that when the paramedics arrive they will vomit in the corners of my studio apartment like it's their first day on the job.

• Like 7

Review with Myles Barlow is one of my favourite comedy shows, and when I heard it was being remade in America I was worried it'd get done wrong. But after discovering Andy Daly through Comedy Bang! Bang! I could not be more excited about the prospect of him adapting it. Now with this podcast I have two Andy Daly projects to look forward to next year! Can't wait!

Immediately subscribing.

I don't care if it's just Andy reading his grocery list, this is going to be really really funny.

• Like 2

Now that most major roads are 65mph, Sammy Hagar is happy to drive the speed limit. He released a song about it because it was important to him that the public understand his vehicular point of view. However, "I'm Perfectly Fine Driving 65" was a commercial flop when listeners, who naturally assumed that the ribald singer's lyrics described an affair with an older woman, registered their disappointment on iTunes.

• Like 1

My prayers have been answered.. I love when Andy yells "WHAT!?" haha I see good things in the Earwolf future

• Like 2

I asked Santa for an Andy Daly podcast, and he came through! Fuck yeah Santa Claus!

You're cool with me, Santa. I don't care what everybody else says about you. Me and Santa = Best buds. Yep.

• Like 1

I hope this is a full on comic book style crossover of the Earwolf and Superego universes. Going to start mentally preparing my myself for February.

P.S. Hail Satan with Chip Gardner is going to be bananas 2.0 you guys.

• Like 3

Every time I go to the Earwolf front page today, I'm delighted by how similarly Andy is positioned in the main episode photo and the show logo.

Dammit, for years I thought Matt Gourley was the other guy (more AD Miles lookin guy) in the superego picture.

Wow! The number one comedy podcast on iTunes, and the number 3 overall. I subscribed and rated it to do what I can to help keep up the awareness of this. Now I clench my teeth in awful anticipation for two months.

This is going to be awesome! I was at that show in San Diego they mentioned, got to meet Scott (who I am pretty sure I freaked out with my enthusiasm which is a plus) and Andy (who was about the nicest person ever.) If I can ever figure out how to change my profile picture I am going to put up the picture I have with Andy.

• Like 1

To reiterate what everyone else is saying HOLY SHIT THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME.

Daly is one of the funniest humans ever. And dalton wilcox is one of the funniest characters ever. Ive never looked forward to february before, but there you go

• Like 2

Is there a possibility of subscribe more than once on Itunes for the Andy Daly podcast?

I'm so looking forward to this! Andy's one of my favorite Earwolf guests of all time. This is going to be epic!

• Like 2

Just listened and I'm even more excited now that I know the premise.

But I hope Andy doesn't burn himself/his characters out doing a dedicated podcast like Seth did with Bob Ducca (Thankfully he's back now after a break). Pace yourself Andy, we love you!

My birthday is in a few days and this is one of the most considerate birthday presents I've ever gotten. I feel so happy I could probably survive jumping out of earwolf's notorious 1st floor window (the one with the spikes you can't miss even during an assisted fall)!

• Like 1