🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 262 — 2013 Holiday Spectacular

Ho! Ho! Ho! Surfing Santa wipeout! It’s time once again for the year end holiday episode of Comedy Bing Bong! with guests galore! Jason Mantzoukas returns with singer-songwriter Nick Lowe who’ll play some festive songs from his new Christmas record “Quality Street: A Seasonal Selection For All The Family.” Along the way, we’ll hear a cowboy Christmas poem, a new Christmas theme song, hear from a Stallone brother, and much more. Merrill Holidays, babe!

Nick Lowe is kind of a perfect foil for Scott and Jason. I love his catch phrase: "Oh, no. Come come come."

• Like 4

I discovered the line up by flipping thru the photos on my earwolf app, and my jaw dropped further and further with each photo. Listening now, Nick Lowe just finished his first song, and I am freaking out over what is coming next.

• Like 3

OK! THAT'S IT! THE BRAND BRAND BRAND HAS KILLED ME. GOODBYE, WORLD!

• Like 1

What the hell was Harris doing that was so important that it made him miss this?!

I don't mind Harris missing this. I don't mean that to besmirch him. The Christmas lineups are dominated by fan favorites but always unpredictable. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Judging by the photos this seems to have been made up of 3 different recordings. Fair enough for a 2 and a half hour episode.

Judging by the photos this seems to have been made up of 3 different recordings. Fair enough for a 2 and a half hour episode.

A 'rotating roster' is probably a more accurate descriptor of what actually occurred during what looks to be a fairly continuous recording (we at least know it was recorded on the same day, indicated by Scott's and PFT's wardrobe in the two group photos). The only thing reshuffled on the podcast so far as I can tell (I'm still listening) is Nick Lowe's performances, placed before and/or after the segment breaks.

So for those fans out there who fret over whether a recording is continuous or not, uhhhhhh don't fret?

• Like 1

Fun drinking game: take a shot every time Zouks says "oh boy". You'll be smashed after the first segment.

• Like 7

ANDY DALY IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST HUMANS ALIVE!!!!! Funnier than Hannibal Lecter!

I think I say this every time he's on the show. Fuck that guy is funny.

And Nick Lowe is WONDERFUL - haven't heard the new one yet (besides on CBB) but everyone go pick up his album THE OLD MAGIC - it's one of my favourite albums, it's sooooo good

• Like 1

A strawberry covered in strawberry? That really would be the ultimate berry...

• Like 1

OFF MIC PFT LAUGHTER!!!!!!

When they say laughter is the best medicine, they are talking about PFT laughing off microphone

• Like 8

When they say laughter is the best medicine, they are talking about PFT laughing off microphone

Did I detect a bit of James Abdominalpain laughter too?

• Like 1

That lineup is so amazing I find it difficult to press play. It's like some hording instinct is kicking in demanding I squirrel it away for a time of great need.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this